The Rumour Thread

10 minutes ago, Sombremine said:

A new Tzeentch Beast like Cat like... Since Tzeentch has an egyptian theme (Thousand sons marines, Bird like Acolytes...) might be a new stuff ... Or a new Aelf Griffon

Only 40K has been really Egyptian.  The bird-men aspect is a more casual link as well.

11 minutes ago, Barimbino said:

The gryph hounds usually have two to three tips to their tails. Plus it looks a little too stiff to be a tail. Maybe some hair in a wrap, sort of like egyptian-esque?

Tomb Kings confirmed!

2 hours ago, Dez said:

Tzcheschire Cat?

I can't tell you how sad I was you beat me to that pun.

Whatever that is, at first glance, it doesn't look like anything but something Tzeentch. It also doesn't look like anything Tzeentch we know or expect to come.

At second glance, it looks quite a bit like a Gryphhounds tail. Except Tzeentchy blue, with jewelry that looks more Chaos and two tips.

It is quite confounding, really.

Of course, I'd be enthused if an actual Cheshire Cat was added for Tzeentch, particularly if we get some way for the Jabberslythe to gain Tzeentch allegiance. I dare say, it would feel like Wonderland.

On 27/12/2016 at 7:47 AM, Rogue Explorator said:

One really has to wonder about the timescale AoS moves at.

From some of the developements, especially the establishment of major cities and their impressive descriptions, it must be at the very least over a decade from the start of the Realmgate Wars to the end of Seasons of War, if not much longer.

It would be nice to get a rough accounting of the time past, it might have well been a mortal lifespan in the realms since the release of AoS.

On WHTV live they were asked this in a Q&A about the new Tzeentch Disciples book. The answer was time has moved on enough since the events of the summer campaign for the free peoples to leave Azyr and start rebuilding and re-populating the realms with new cities and growing and building new buildings, but not long enough for major characters to have died out and passed away. So if you have to put a number on it then at least a few years yeah.

• Like 1

There are images of the Italian white dwarf doing the rounds. Looks like the Tzeentch pre orders are the 14th January with the release on the 21st. The book, clamp packs for the ogroid and gaunt summoner from Silver tower, and acolytes in boxes of 20 by the looks of things.

Applied some google-fu to the Acolyte text. It seems as if the Glaive is a champion upgrade, but I'm not at all sure if that's what they mean, with the other options being the scroll, "to strengthen blasphemous powers", or the evil parrot. The bird is a "creature of Chaos who gorges himself on arcane power and is more than happy to tear apart a magician to get it."

"Some" Gaunts fight on foot, while others choose to ride discs. Not surprising, given the old model on disc and the ST one on foot. They have quite different warscrolls currently, it'll be interesting to see what scroll(s) will be in the book. The current disc rider's rules are pretty sketchy, especially in matched play.