Jump to content

The Rumour Thread


Recommended Posts

March White Dwarf cover was leaked and I have some good news:

- 20 pages of painting and modelling guides (probably for both 40k and AoS)!!

- terrain building article (probably using existing kits of course, but it's always an inspiration)

- this time we will visit Ghyran (I love these realm articles).

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, michu said:

March White Dwarf cover was leaked and I have some good news:

- 20 pages of painting and modelling guides (probably for both 40k and AoS)!!

- terrain building article (probably using existing kits of course, but it's always an inspiration)

- this time we will visit Ghyran (I love these realm articles).

Also the back cover indicates next month's Tome Celestial will be Hallowed Knights (hoping they get a more interesting treatment than the Hammerhands did!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Slaanesh getting a release doesn't mean the Dark Prince has to escape. If you look at most Demon to Mortal Realms interactions its not through the Gods themselves, but through their agents the Greater Deamons that most of the Chaos forces act. Even within the battletome of Skaven its the Vermin Lords who do most of the acting and interacting. 

Plus we know that Slaanesh's forces have been acting in earnest since the Princes's capture; some seeking to dominate others and take the throne, others hunting for signs of the prison. 

 

For Seraphon I think a new tome could be interesting story wise. Early on in the Realmgate wars they were basically magical warriors summoned by powerful Slaan. I think we might well see a turning point and see them found lands, found a people and start being "alive" fully once again. A good move I think since it makes them more of a real people and faction. 

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

These boxes are pretty good money saving wise in Australia, especially the Maggotkin one.  I'm going to borrow Minis format

*These are assuming the price of the box will be $150 and not $165 (this is probably the more likely pricing though)

Idoneth:

  • Eels = $84
  • Thralls = $84
  • Soulrender = $40

Total = $208

Cost = $150

Savings = $58

Not bad but not great either, would have been nice to have a king in here or a shark in here for some more value for money but whatever.

Maggotkin:

  • Lord of Blights = $40
  • Blightkings = $92
  • Blightlords/ Lord of Affliction = $110

Total = $242

Cost = $150

Savings = $92

Now this one is great, it's a good base for the army and with the savings you can get yourself another box of Blightkings to fill out the battleline requirements for a 1000pts army. 

Edited by Dirtnaps
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/17/2019 at 5:45 AM, Overread said:

Well Seraphon is likely going to be like Skaven - no new models or if there is only one; plus endless spells, plus terrain feature. 

Slaves to Darkness I would wager could be a bigger release, then again if they combine Everchosen and Slaves into a single Tome then there's already quite a variety of models to choose from. 

Absolutely fine for me.   All Seraphon needs imo is updated rules.  Their warscrolls are severely underpowered though the allegiance abilities are good.  For example the bastiladon has too few wounds.

There is a guy on Facebook AoS group that also say Seraphon are coming.  When other users told him NDAbreaker got debunked, he insisted the Seraphon are still coming but refused to give details.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm curious if we'll see Seraphon releasing as part of a dual box... Hmm - there's lots of potential matchups that would be fun for Seraphon - the main one I was expecting was of course Skaven v. Seraphon... But seeing them going up against the new Khorne release would actually make a lot of sense. If not that - a monster hunt with Beastclaw vs. Seraphon would be a ton of crunchy fun.

I think a new Slann is too big of a deal for the duo-box. But I could see Plastic Kroxzigors or Hunting Packs making their way in.

Edited by Barbossal
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Bjornas said:

Based on previous announcement-release timeframes, does anyone have an idea on when the new Blades of Khorne-book will be released?

 

In general, GW follows the "Tease a Bunch of Releases, Release them one after another, Tease the next batch" sprinkeld with some news that rather noone has expected.

As the January-Teaser-Wave was finished at the time we got the LVO Teaser,  we should get first of the new announced modells like within 1-3 Weeks for Preorder. From my impression, Releases that show Teaser only take longer until they are up to preorder. Therefore the Khorne Battletome will pretty sure drop before the Warcry and next AoS-Chamber-Thingy Expansion. We also know that Vigilius is on like a 16 Days Countdown left untill Abbadon arrives, but yet we don´t know if the Shadowstrike(?)-Box hits before Abbadon or both at same time.

I would expect the following order of Preorders:
-This week new SC!
-Next week some minor Release, maybe the new Nightvault Warband
-Shadowstrike Box
-Second Wave Shadowstrike with Abbadon
-Blades of Khorne Battletome
 

Disclaimer: This is not a rumour, only my guess.😉

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Minis by Night said:

We already have the prices for the new Start Collecting boxes.

fade3b64299b222ed02ede298bda9850_71077.j

Those are the UK prices of course, you can convert those in your local currency by comparing them with other boxes of the same price.

Hah, so greenskinz still have a existence In the realms.

 

Edited by Skreech Verminking
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Charleston said:

In general, GW follows the "Tease a Bunch of Releases, Release them one after another, Tease the next batch" sprinkeld with some news that rather noone has expected.

As the January-Teaser-Wave was finished at the time we got the LVO Teaser,  we should get first of the new announced modells like within 1-3 Weeks for Preorder. From my impression, Releases that show Teaser only take longer until they are up to preorder. Therefore the Khorne Battletome will pretty sure drop before the Warcry and next AoS-Chamber-Thingy Expansion. We also know that Vigilius is on like a 16 Days Countdown left untill Abbadon arrives, but yet we don´t know if the Shadowstrike(?)-Box hits before Abbadon or both at same time.

I would expect the following order of Preorders:
-This week new SC!
-Next week some minor Release, maybe the new Nightvault Warband
-Shadowstrike Box
-Second Wave Shadowstrike with Abbadon
-Blades of Khorne Battletome
 

Disclaimer: This is not a rumour, only my guess.😉

Ambots (necromunda) are still not launched and GW showed them at the open day in january.

Also they said that a blood bowl team will be release each quarter, so it should be released this month, but GW has not even shown it..

 

As for warcry, I would not wait it until summer (unfortunately). Last year they showed kill team in LVO, and they took 6 months to release it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I figure the big 40K Release with Abbadon is going to be a 2 week affair. There's a sprinkling of marines, but it sounds like a lot of new kits for Chaos as well as a fair few reworked ones as well as brand new. That to me suggests it could be spread out over two weeks as GW Tends to break up a big release like that. It makes it a lot easier for them to stock if they've got it spread out. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Overread said:

I figure the big 40K Release with Abbadon is going to be a 2 week affair. There's a sprinkling of marines, but it sounds like a lot of new kits for Chaos as well as a fair few reworked ones as well as brand new. That to me suggests it could be spread out over two weeks as GW Tends to break up a big release like that. It makes it a lot easier for them to stock if they've got it spread out. 

 

I'm thinking more like 2-3 months total (possibly drawn out through the year if Shadowspear is not directly followed by the full releases, which is likely if it is not etb) with other releases interspersed (Nekromunda, Killteam, Underworlds and AoS Battletome updates without major miniature waves), basically what we got with the 8th edition 40k and Soulwars starters the last two years. The new marines look about the size of a Stormcast Chamber release while the CSM + Abaddon look like they easily could go up to Deathguards amount.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber
7 hours ago, Barbossal said:

I'm curious if we'll see Seraphon releasing as part of a dual box... Hmm - there's lots of potential matchups that would be fun for Seraphon - the main one I was expecting was of course Skaven v. Seraphon... But seeing them going up against the new Khorne release would actually make a lot of sense. If not that - a monster hunt with Beastclaw vs. Seraphon would be a ton of crunchy fun.

I think a new Slann is too big of a deal for the duo-box. But I could see Plastic Kroxzigors or Hunting Packs making their way in.

Any new Seraphon plastics would be great, the plastics released for that range have all been outstanding.

As for Kroxigor….it would be easier to list the things I wouldn't do to see them get a resculpt.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Rogue Explorator said:

I'm thinking more like 2-3 months total (possibly drawn out through the year if Shadowspear is not directly followed by the full releases, which is likely if it is not etb) with other releases interspersed (Nekromunda, Killteam, Underworlds and AoS Battletome updates without major miniature waves), basically what we got with the 8th edition 40k and Soulwars starters the last two years. The new marines look about the size of a Stormcast Chamber release while the CSM + Abaddon look like they easily could go up to Deathguards amount.

Totally agree with this. It's a big release and basically resetting the CSM range (I have my hopes up!!) and cementing in the Primaris as the new Space Marines. I think this summer will be AOS and will be a big release. I think we will see lots of cool new models.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • RuneBrush changed the title to The Rumour Thread

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...