The Rumour Thread

I think the interesting thing to take away from the Stormvault game is that it's clearly something to do with all four of the Chaos gods judging by the cards at the front of the picture - which gives some indication that Chaos may play a big part in the Forbidden Powers expansion, probably tying in with Warcry and a Darkoath and/or Slaanesh release.

54 minutes ago, Ironbreaker said:

I see something interesting in the box art. All the Stormcast have the same Hammer symbol despite being from separate Stormhosts. It might be an oversight by the artist. GW no longer sales Knights Excelsior upgrade kits so its kind of hard to model them with their sun and moon symbol especially since newer models feature molded on pauldrons.

Unfortunately they are all first strike stormhosts, so they all should have hammer as a symbol. Nothing unusual here.

52 minutes ago, xking said:

Is the book about Hamilcar or the skaven antagonist? The html link to Black Library uses the name Champion of Chaos for the book :D

Edited by Infernalslayer

The good thing about these releases is that they reuse existing miniatures so you don’t need to buy an entire boardgame for one single miniature to complete your collection. Or scavenge eBay...

I know it’s not an indication of a trend but try buying Silver Tower today... I hope they keep this direction. I don’t mind having 4 myrmourn banshees more if I like Dreadfane but I would mind buying Dreadfane if it was the only way to get a new maybe even useless unit!

Anyway we still don’t know much about Forbidden powers and we have some hints about Warcry quite exciting and we are not yet in March, so very much looking forward!!

Which one is the next studio preview? I know there’s Warhammer Fest the 11-12 May but maybe there’s something before then 

19 minutes ago, ageofpaddsmar said:

Not to get anyones hopes up but there is a seraphon paint set up for pre order along side a khorne one. We know Khorne is next so maybe a book is coming. Although there is also a nurgle paint set and a standard chaos one so who knows

AdeptiCon is March 27th - 31st so we should get some pretty big showtime then.

1 hour ago, xking said:

Not yet.

The track of words review is pretty enthusiastic about Hamilcar.  I just don't know though.  One of the problems with those reviews is that they aren't ever critical (that I have seen).  I personally don't write reviews of books I dislike so I get that part of it, but he has reviewed a TON of Black Library stuff, some of which are not very great but still says are great.  An occasional constructive critique would go a long way.   

David Guymer can be very hot or cold.  I loved Headtaker and The Sea Taketh, but that was followed with the Learning which was perplexingly not good.  His Iron Hands 40k books are great, but the ones he wrote for The Beast Arises are not at all.  So I am pretty conflicted about Hamilcar.  Will keep considering I suppose.

Hey there , not sure what it's mean ( or if it mean something) But GW just relaunch some army color packs. First one is Khorne, which just got a new battletome. But also there is Nurgle, Chaos and .... Seraphon.  Not sure if it's a random preorder or some short terms preparation for upcoming Battletome updates .

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Warhammer?N=647457687+3206404541&Nr=AND%28sku.siteId%3AGB_gw%2Cproduct.locale%3Aen_GB_gw%29&Nrs=collection%28%29%2Frecord%5Bproduct.startDate+%3C%3D+1550333220000+and+product.endDate+%3E%3D+1550333220000%5D

10 minutes ago, aktanolt said:

Hey there , not sure what it's mean ( or if it mean something) But GW just relaunch some army color packs. First one is Khorne, which just got a new battletome. But also there is Nurgle, Chaos and .... Seraphon.  Not sure if it's a random preorder or some short terms preparation for upcoming Battletome updates .

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Warhammer?N=647457687+3206404541&Nr=AND(sku.siteId%3AGB_gw%2Cproduct.locale%3Aen_GB_gw)&Nrs=collection()%2Frecord[product.startDate+<%3D+1550333220000+and+product.endDate+>%3D+1550333220000]

Behold the redemption of NDABreaker?

• Like 1

Well Seraphon is likely going to be like Skaven - no new models or if there is only one; plus endless spells, plus terrain feature. 

Slaves to Darkness I would wager could be a bigger release, then again if they combine Everchosen and Slaves into a single Tome then there's already quite a variety of models to choose from. 

19 minutes ago, Overread said:

Well Seraphon is likely going to be like Skaven - no new models or if there is only one; plus endless spells, plus terrain feature. 

Slaves to Darkness I would wager could be a bigger release, then again if they combine Everchosen and Slaves into a single Tome then there's already quite a variety of models to choose from. 

A new slann would be the perfect fit for a carrion empire style box for the Seraphon. 

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, novakai said:

Not true though, Skaven did get the Bombardier hero from Carrion Empire.

*coughs pointedly*

5 hours ago, Overread said:

Edited by Kirjava13

5 hours ago, novakai said:

I wonder who they will fight though

Also didn't they confirm that Sylvaneath was also getting a release soon

In the current Seraphon book they fight slaanesh adepts who are looking for hints on their god's jail location...

Seraphon Saurus have bonus against deamons, so it would make sense. And the main enemy of Seraphons is... Chaos deamons.

But Slaanesh should be out really sooner that Lizards ;).