Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6 hours ago, Sleboda said:

Serious question:

How many people complaining here have been in the hobby for under 5 years?

I complain if this new vault is more stormcast incoming and i started as 4 years ago

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The “oh noes new Battletome” is always a bit weird. While I agree it’s a highly inefficient and clunky rules delivery system, £25 investment every year in this hobby is pretty much nothing. 

6 minutes ago, JPjr said:

Honestly I dont think you have any worries there. There's absolutely no need to add a new BT for new models, terrain or endless spells. 

The books that will get updated are the 1.0 ones that were released before several big('ish) changes were made, summoning, various abilities etc.

From my limited understanding Maggotkin, IDK, DoK, LoN, etc were all written, explicitly, with 2.0 in mind and so don't need updating at all.

If I were to guess I'd say LoN, DoK and ID won't get new battletome... this year, They will in the next not to frustrate early birds that've just bought a book (and they have a lot other, older books waiting for an update). It's just a guess though.

I'm hoping that new battletomes for every GA excludes ones already announced or released. They say brand new armies are coming, and I'd have to guess at least one of those will be wholly new since they have done at least one brand new army every year, but a new army could also be a new army drawn partially of wholly from old models(could be ogres, reworked StD+Everchosen, or even Slaanesh under a new name like Nurgle got). Also classic armies updated for the new edition could be "classic" 1st ed armies updated, or could speak to actual classic armies like elves, dwarfs or ogres.

Let assume they aren't counting known pending tomes, there's still a ton of armies that need some help. Order has several that could use and update and still a few short on a book at all. Everything in death is covered by a "2nd edition ready" battletome(FEC on the way), so they'd have to be either getting a wholly new concept death army or a sub faction becoming its own thing. Soulblight seems like an obvious choice as it has kind of been its own army before with GHB abilities and as a shoehorned subfaction next to the legions in LoN. Destruction has three books that need an update, but also only really needs one more book to get everyone covered by something. As much as I'd like to see an ogre tome, I wouldn't be surprized to see Ironjawz get some love first. Chaos needs two new books and with the new Khorne book, I think Tzeentch is the only 1st ed book they have, but I think here new books are probably the most likely before Tzeentch. It's probably one of the 1st edition books that holds up best.

2 minutes ago, Aryann said:

If I were to guess I'd say LoN, DoK and ID won't get new battletome... this year, They will in the next not to frustrate early birds that've just bought a book (and they have a lot other, older books waiting for an update). It's just a guess though.

Everything thing that came out between Maggotkin and 2nd edition(i.e. with the updated logo and white spine) were designed for second edition, so it's probably safe to say none of them are getting updates anytime soon. They said that updates were to get up to date with the new edition and all those books already are. At most there may be more subfactions fall out of LoN(i.e. Soulblight).

• Like 1

Yep once every faction is on board with 2.0 it won't be until 3.0 that GW releases new tomes. That doesn't stop them adding models of course; Idonath and DoK are very likely to get Endless spells and Terrain whilst its very likely that we might even see new models appear here and there for any faction as time passes. 

Good times are ahead and even if GW can only get 1 tome out a month that's 12 updated armies and likely 1 or 2 fresh ones. 

7 minutes ago, Overread said:

Yep once every faction is on board with 2.0 it won't be until 3.0 that GW releases new tomes.

*Offer not valid for Stormcast Eternals.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

@Sleboda This statement includes you too ;)

Sorry! Posted without seeing your post.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RuneBrush said:

+++MOD HAT+++

A bit less Tomb King talk if possible please.  Appreciate it's a bit of a sort point (and I'd love to see something come back) but can we talk about what was revealed rather than what wasn't ;)

But I've.... uh..... got a totally legit source saying a Tomb Kings vs Brettonia box set is coming this year. But the same source also said it won't matter because it's due for release right after the aliens come back and take us to heaven on their comet space ship.

54 minutes ago, Walrustaco said:

And idk if StD will be the biggest faction? Pretty sure Stormcast and LoN would still be bigger. 

Reread me: StD+Everchosen+darkoath+whatever you want in chaos ;-) because you can chose allegiance to one of 4 gods + no allegiance.  this is HUGE.

Now, I’m not a native English speaker but if we analize this statement:

The new edition of Age of Sigmar brought a lot of new tricks to the game, and soon, more armies than ever will be able to take full advantage of them – 2019 will see new battletomes for every Grand Alliance! Some brand-new armies will be joining the fray, as well as classic armies updated for the new edition.”

It’s telling us:

1) brand-new armies: that’s plural and does not include what was presented in the past or Slaanesh or StD as those are already existing! Super excited!

2) Classic armies updated for the new edition: again we have to ignore the past cause the 2019 was in the previous sentence and here it says “will” so that means at least 2 new. And that could be StD and Slaanesh, but then combined with:

3) new battletome for every grand alliance: Order is the only GA missing so far, it could be combined with point 1 above or could mean Sylvaneth, KO, etc...

All in all I’m saying that this year looks super exciting with something brewing this spring/summer plus a new skirmish game / set of rules! And we are only 40 days in the year! I doubt they even started teasing this winter as something always happens at the end of the year even if just a Beast of Chaos battletome!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

3) new battletome for every grand alliance: Order is the only GA missing so far, it could be combined with point 1 above or could mean Sylvaneth, KO, etc...

I don't beleive we will have tomes this way. They more likely say that we have a tome for Chaos when Skaven is out, a tome for destruction when gloomspite is out etc...

5 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

1) brand-new armies: that’s plural and does not include what was presented in the past or Slaanesh or StD as those are already existing! Super excited!

Technically, StD and Slanesh are new armies as they don't already have a specific battletome and too much change to tell that it is an update...

But maybe something new, out of nowhere like KO or IDK, lets hope....

7 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

as well as classic armies updated for the new edition

Some of them will be updated, yes. But all of them???? dunno...who knows but GW? 

5 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

The thing with Slaves to Darkness is it might be named differently i.e. Darkoath and new minis might be a majority of the range, thus treated as a new army.

They also might not had been super careful with wording. If Slaanesh receives same treatment as other 3 chaos gods then I would treat this as a *new* army.

If they are about to update all the existing armies I'm not sure how much room is there left for big releases. Std and Slaanesh are almost a sure thing. Will there be more?

12 minutes ago, Requizen said:

Was anyone there for the Q&A? Sometimes they let slip little tidbits...

I wasn't but a friend was.  He said they alluded to the fact that Sylvaneth do have a book coming.

Let me reiterate the rumor for a couple pages back.  We are getting a whole slew of Battletomes this year, much like 40k got last year.  Don't be surprised if this is a 10-12+ battle tome year.  We will likely have multiple weeks of 2 battletomes released without significant fan-fare, like the FeC/Skaven dual release next week.

1 minute ago, Thomas Lyons said:

I wasn't but a friend was.  He said they alluded to the fact that Sylvaneth do have a book coming.

Let me reiterate the rumor for a couple pages back.  We are getting a whole slew of Battletomes this year, much like 40k got last year.  Don't be surprised if this is a 10-12+ battle tome year.  We will likely have multiple weeks of 2 battletomes released without significant fan-fare, like the FeC/Skaven dual release next week.

There were some 40k fans who were disappointed that GW was shoving out two books at a time with little fan fare, but I'd be glad to have that treatment for AoS just to get caught up.

2 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

We will likely have multiple weeks of 2 battletomes released without significant fan-fare, like the FeC/Skaven dual release next week.

I'm sure this will disappoint some people somehow, but that's honestly really exciting to me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mungrun said:

Maybe this was mentioned before, i'm sorry in that case.

But taking a closer look into this image:

LVOStudioPreview-Feb7-BoKBattleshot29hvr

You can see the BoK fighting against the Deathrattle. Do you think Deathrattle will have his own battletome this year? 

Don’t get my hopes up like that! Lol

I would love a death rattle battletome with the return of Krell riding some giant skeletal beast.

17 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

That's something I'd appreciate, to be honest. More armies with Battletomes is only good for the game, go ahead and add new models later. 

I still assume that anything in GHB2018 is getting a Battletome - so that leaves Seraphon, Fyreslayers, Free Peoples/Dispossessed (maybe rolled together?), Wood/Dark Elves (soup? added to Sylv/new Malerion stuff?), Slaanesh, Slaves to Darkness, Ironjawz (maybe get some other Greenskinz stuff rolled together?).

Everchosen has a pre-GHB Tome, I imagine they'll be included with Slaves to Darkness. 

If Sylvaneth get updated, then perhaps BCR and Bonesplitterz too. BCR maybe souped with Gutbusters?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lord_blackfang said:

Really sour reveals for AoS.

Forbidden Power: Endless Spells 2, Electric Boogaloo: 17 new ways to deal D3 mortal wounds.

The Khorne 3.0 that nobody asked for, with totally not endless spells.

Sylvaneth warband for WHU looks well sculpted but a bit samey.

War Cry better not mean a discontinuation of WHU. I would assume arena gladiatorial combat between chaos, chaos, chaos and chaos.

I asked for Khorne 3.0.  I didn't expect it so soon, but they have a lot more potential than just Gorepilgrims and a new book should help that.

2 minutes ago, Requizen said:

BCR maybe souped with Gutbusters?

I'm also into the rapid release of battletomes, even if it shortchanges some factions of a massive release. The underrated part of that approach is this: JUST THINK OF HOW MUCH LORE WE'RE GOING TO GET!

It was less relevant with 40k, as the Codexes were just re-issues of established factions, but let's not forget that Gutbusters, Wanderers, Dispossessed etc. have had very slim write-ups in this new setting, so we don't yet have their 'identity' nailed down. 

I do hope 'soup' doesn't become the default. This is a personal opinion (I did a whole wishlist write-up on reddit about it) but I DO NOT WANT BCR and Gutbusters combining. I'm a narrative guy, so combining factions is something which I'd want lore justification before a mechanical one, and the whole Everwinter nomad theme the BCR have is difficult to marry with the more traditional tribal Gutbuster Ogors. Same reason why Bonesplitterz and Ironjawz benefit from separation.

As for Wanderers and Sylvaneth or Fyreslayers and Dispossessed, I can see lore reasons why you'd want them to combine. Both would be strained alliances, but that's good: internal conflict can make for interesting stories. Allarielle would be resentful about the Wanderers abandoning them, but be forced to accept their return because of the dangers posed by Nurgle and Nagash, while the Dispossessed/Fyreslayer alliance could be established by Grungni, finally deciding to return to his people and leveraging a promise to help the Fyreslayers reassemble his brother Grimnir in return for partnership (throw in the shock return of Valaya, and you got yourself a Gloomspite Git tri-faction book). 

The Aelves, though... that's a messy situation. I think the old saying applies to GW here: ****** or get off the pot.

They've had over 3 years, it's time to  pull an Ironjawz (flesh out one or two unique units into a whole faction) with some subfactions (Phoenix Temple are probably the best choice) and bung the rest together so they're playable. 

17 minutes ago, Requizen said:

That's something I'd appreciate, to be honest. More armies with Battletomes is only good for the game, go ahead and add new models later. 

I still assume that anything in GHB2018 is getting a Battletome - so that leaves Seraphon, Fyreslayers, Free Peoples/Dispossessed (maybe rolled together?), Wood/Dark Elves (soup? added to Sylv/new Malerion stuff?), Slaanesh, Slaves to Darkness, Ironjawz (maybe get some other Greenskinz stuff rolled together?).

Everchosen has a pre-GHB Tome, I imagine they'll be included with Slaves to Darkness. 

If Sylvaneth get updated, then perhaps BCR and Bonesplitterz too. BCR maybe souped with Gutbusters?

they just probably follow AoS website faction layout they did for AoS 2. the only previous BT army that they merge where just Clan Pestilins into Skaven and Everchosen into StD. they clearly specify that Gutbuster and BCR are of different armies along with Free people and Dispossessed

All the High Aelves could be mixed togheter. Swifthawk will lose a lot of models, the other factions are all plastic already so...

Just need da book

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Klamm said:

The Aelves, though... that's a messy situation. I think the old saying applies to GW here: ****** or get off the pot.

All the high Aelves factions could be united. Swifthawk will lose a lot of models, the others are already full plastic.