The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, robinlvalentine said:

It's such a lovely model, maybe my favourite in the whole Stormcast range. I got him for Christmas last year and I don't even care if his stats are rubbish :P 

Nice for Skirmish at least, with his low points cost! 

Haha that’s when I plan to use him! Also perfectly viable substitute for Gabriel Braveheart ;) 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, michu said:

EDIT: Ok, that's 100% for 40k Chaos Space Marines.

Yup it's gearing up for the Shadowspear release in March. I'm looking forwards to it, mainly as it will hopefully see the end of the current Chaos Space Marine plastics. 

Will be interesting though to see how long the Daemon Rumour Engine lasts before it's banished. Hopefully it will hang around enough for some AOS Chaos Rumours.....

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Yup it's gearing up for the Shadowspear release in March. I'm looking forwards to it, mainly as it will hopefully see the end of the current Chaos Space Marine plastics. 

Will be interesting though to see how long the Daemon Rumour Engine lasts before it's banished. Hopefully it will hang around enough for some AOS Chaos Rumours.....

That reminds me, I've got a squad of Chaos Space marines I need to assemble and paint before they're obsoleted, or else I'll never do it.

Just now, khadgar567 said:

my my my i think its more on promoting wrath and rapture but I want to belive legion of azgoth but hey any news is good.

Wrath and Rapture was promoted and then released. It'll keep selling for a few months and then go away like all of GW's other box sets. It probably won't see much more in the way of promotion.

Wrath and Rapture's next big promotion period will be when rumours of the retail release of the individual models start coming out - ergo when the set is about to go "last chance" and go out of production as people snap them up for the discount on the models inside the set. I know I certainly would have picked it up by now if GW hadn't pushed Carrion out so fast AND with a Battletome on top! 

Just found this on TG, so take with metric tons of salt.

Hi guys, some tasty Warcry leaks for you. No reason to believe me, I learnt about all this last night and thought it was too cool not to share. I'm from Bristol and several of my clubmates are old friends with the main rules designer on Warcry and have been testing the rules for ages and are talking pretty openly about the game now it has been announced.

Warcry is exactly what people have guessed and pretty much fantasy Kill Team, warbands of 4-20 models, rules for narrative/campaign, matched and open and is set in the Eightpoints (series of realm gates to all different realms, some controlled by the good guys, some by Archaon, Shyish gate controlled by Nagash, Beasts gate by Destruction), all being fought over by the various sides. This is a cool setting because it allows boards from different realms to be combined, justified by huge f-off realm gates linking them up.

Factions are not limited to just Chaos and the amount of avalible factions is pretty much everything avalible in AoS. It seems to differ from Kill Team in two major ways, the first being that Commanders are part of the core rules, not an expansion, and every force is built around and must contain one hero (no more, no less), with the narrative of the game being built around the retinues of mighty champions, and psychic powers (magic), not being in the core game, with no warband options for wizards or any other models able to cast spells. Expect the first main expansion to be magic flavoured with endless spells and full rules for every avalible wizard mini.

The amount of models and factions avalible is staggering, with pretty much every non cavalry, monster or wizard/priest mini avalible in plastic listed for its faction (I didn't check thoroughly, but there were no Finecast options listed for skaven at least). Flyers like Kharadron endrinriggers and Stormcast prosecutors were available, and squig hoppers/boingrot bounders and skyfires seemed to be an exception to the cavalry rule.

The factions I counted are:
Khorne, Nurgle, Tzeentch, Slaanesh, Slaves to Darkness (marked StD troops can be included in god lists, to help out Tzeentch with their lack of non magic user heroes I guess), Beasts of Chaos, Skaven,

Stormcast (interestingly for Order there are rules for a couple of Stormcast heroes leading warbands from other factions), Fyreslayers, Kharadron, Dispossessed, Free Peoples, Seraphon, DoK, Deepkin, Sylvaneth, Wanderers, Exiles and Highborn (these last two being grouped together names for the DE and HE mini-factions)

Legions of Nagash, Nighthaunt, FEC

Gloomspite Gitz, Ironjawz, Gutbusters, Bonesplitterz
Interestingly all the Shadespire/Underworlds warbands have unique profiles and rules, I think this is supposed to build on the popularity of Shadespire and tempt people who exculively play it to try Warcry.

The starter set is apparently different from Kill Team in that it contains all new models, with a Darkoath warband lead by a Varanguard on foot taking on you guessed it, Stormcast. As these models are brand new, their rules were not being playtested, but the guy playtesting did seem to know about them. Expect the Stormcast to be lighter armoured and agile/gladiator looking. Interestingly it was mentioned that as Archaon's agent the Varanguard hero can lead any Chaos Warband, much like some Stormcast heroes being able to lead any Order one.

Expect the range of boxed sets on launch to be huge, following the same model as KT, with a flood of warband and battlefield boxes using existing minis and scenery coming out with exclusive cards in them. One example of a warband box given was a Dispossed one, featuring a Warden King, Ironbreakers and Irondrakes, so potatosacks rejoice I guess.
Anyway, beilve what you choose to, that's pretty much all I remember (I've never played KT so didn't ask specific rule stuff), I'll be back if I learn any more I guess

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3
  • LOVE IT! 3

I'd be dubious about them casting new heroes for every faction for it. That's a big investment in plastic - doubly so if they are thinking even modest long term (ergo each one is its own casting rather than on a single mould with them all) and for use outside of the product range. 

No magic at launch sounds odd too if just because magic is pretty big in AoS and holding it off for an expansion seems just a little odd; though on the other hand that would fast create a big market demand for it as an expansion content. 

An area/battle game though would sound logical as would it being set in the 8points. So those could be true statements or just logical conclusions from the tiny info we know. 

2 minutes ago, Overread said:

I'd be dubious about them casting new heroes for every faction for it. That's a big investment in plastic - doubly so if they are thinking even modest long term (ergo each one is its own casting rather than on a single mould with them all) and for use outside of the product range. 

No magic at launch sounds odd too if just because magic is pretty big in AoS and holding it off for an expansion seems just a little odd; though on the other hand that would fast create a big market demand for it as an expansion content. 

An area/battle game though would sound logical as would it being set in the 8points. So those could be true statements or just logical conclusions from the tiny info we know. 

It only mentions new models in the starter, though. 

Yeah but if you launch a new game with new models for more than one faction then many are going to assume that those new models are going to set a tone for a wave of new models for other factions too. Just like how Shadspire has the expectation that people will get new models or each army/force added to the game.

3 minutes ago, Overread said:

Yeah but if you launch a new game with new models for more than one faction then many are going to assume that those new models are going to set a tone for a wave of new models for other factions too. Just like how Shadspire has the expectation that people will get new models or each army/force added to the game.

Not really, if the rules use existing models. 

[Obligatory pinch of salt for unsubstantiated rumours]

Aside from sounding like quite a fun game (and well suited for AoS, what with the magnitude of terrain), there are two juicy snippets which excite me: foot Varanguard (which hopefully will be a replacement for the Chosen: I've got to believe GW has heeded the endless complaints about being unable to mark them without fielding Archaon), and the possible release of Highborn/Exiles elf battletomes (tidying up the danglers, woo!). 

1 hour ago, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

Just found this on TG, so take with metric tons of salt.

Hi guys, some tasty Warcry leaks for you. No reason to believe me, I learnt about all this last night and thought it was too cool not to share. I'm from Bristol and several of my clubmates are old friends with the main rules designer on Warcry and have been testing the rules for ages and are talking pretty openly about the game now it has been announced.

Warcry is exactly what people have guessed and pretty much fantasy Kill Team, warbands of 4-20 models, rules for narrative/campaign, matched and open and is set in the Eightpoints (series of realm gates to all different realms, some controlled by the good guys, some by Archaon, Shyish gate controlled by Nagash, Beasts gate by Destruction), all being fought over by the various sides. This is a cool setting because it allows boards from different realms to be combined, justified by huge f-off realm gates linking them up.

Factions are not limited to just Chaos and the amount of avalible factions is pretty much everything avalible in AoS. It seems to differ from Kill Team in two major ways, the first being that Commanders are part of the core rules, not an expansion, and every force is built around and must contain one hero (no more, no less), with the narrative of the game being built around the retinues of mighty champions, and psychic powers (magic), not being in the core game, with no warband options for wizards or any other models able to cast spells. Expect the first main expansion to be magic flavoured with endless spells and full rules for every avalible wizard mini.

The amount of models and factions avalible is staggering, with pretty much every non cavalry, monster or wizard/priest mini avalible in plastic listed for its faction (I didn't check thoroughly, but there were no Finecast options listed for skaven at least). Flyers like Kharadron endrinriggers and Stormcast prosecutors were available, and squig hoppers/boingrot bounders and skyfires seemed to be an exception to the cavalry rule.

The factions I counted are:
Khorne, Nurgle, Tzeentch, Slaanesh, Slaves to Darkness (marked StD troops can be included in god lists, to help out Tzeentch with their lack of non magic user heroes I guess), Beasts of Chaos, Skaven,

Stormcast (interestingly for Order there are rules for a couple of Stormcast heroes leading warbands from other factions), Fyreslayers, Kharadron, Dispossessed, Free Peoples, Seraphon, DoK, Deepkin, Sylvaneth, Wanderers, Exiles and Highborn (these last two being grouped together names for the DE and HE mini-factions)

Legions of Nagash, Nighthaunt, FEC

Gloomspite Gitz, Ironjawz, Gutbusters, Bonesplitterz
Interestingly all the Shadespire/Underworlds warbands have unique profiles and rules, I think this is supposed to build on the popularity of Shadespire and tempt people who exculively play it to try Warcry.

The starter set is apparently different from Kill Team in that it contains all new models, with a Darkoath warband lead by a Varanguard on foot taking on you guessed it, Stormcast. As these models are brand new, their rules were not being playtested, but the guy playtesting did seem to know about them. Expect the Stormcast to be lighter armoured and agile/gladiator looking. Interestingly it was mentioned that as Archaon's agent the Varanguard hero can lead any Chaos Warband, much like some Stormcast heroes being able to lead any Order one.

Expect the range of boxed sets on launch to be huge, following the same model as KT, with a flood of warband and battlefield boxes using existing minis and scenery coming out with exclusive cards in them. One example of a warband box given was a Dispossed one, featuring a Warden King, Ironbreakers and Irondrakes, so potatosacks rejoice I guess.
Anyway, beilve what you choose to, that's pretty much all I remember (I've never played KT so didn't ask specific rule stuff), I'll be back if I learn any more I guess

I really want to believe, but not going to get my hopes up too much. While other than MESBG, GW seems to be allergic to too much crunch in their games these days, but Kill Team isn't terrible in that regard, so even if it isn't Mordheim reborn, I hope there's a bit more going on than in typical AoS and by extension Skirmish(I really like lighter rules for large games like 2k of AoS, but they get old fast in small games) and I'd really love to see actually paying for equipment coming back.I can see the argument for flat costs in larger games, but when you've got a small squad of guys every little advantage counts. I'd be fine if the options for troops are limited as they are in KT as long as we get a satisfying and complete skirmish ruleset out of it. I'm afraid that any AoS treatment of a skirmish game might stick with the flat to hit/to wound, which again I don't mind in large games, but I don't think scales down as well. I'm just hoping that since Underworlds exists as an "intro" level game, maybe they'll allow a slightly more advanced game in the Mortal realms. As somebody who loves fantasy but also a little crunch in their games, I'm sad that AoS has gotten the begginer tag for the most part from GW, though now I do have MESBG as an outlet, I'm less a fan of the less fantastical and movie based models in that game(really wish that was a book license with GW having a little more creative license). Of course all that matters only if this is real.

If this is real, and interesting tidbit is the Exiles and Highborn name for old elves. Could we see the Dark and High elves resplit, but grouped into their own factions? I'm not sure if that's one of the more interesting tidbits of this rumor or one of the things that make it seem less likely.

57 minutes ago, Overread said:

Except that's not how kill team worked, which is a better comparison. 
He is saying there will be 24 factions. I think it's very safe to say that if that is true there are no plans to create new heroes for all 24 factions. They just don't need it.  Just like with Kill team, all you need to do is put an existing hero on foot in a box with a regular unit and stick it on a shelf. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

If this is real, and interesting tidbit is the Exiles and Highborn name for old elves. Could we see the Dark and High elves resplit, but grouped into their own factions? I'm not sure if that's one of the more interesting tidbits of this rumor or one of the things that make it seem less likely.

It's actually this label of Exiles and Highborn that has me more skeptical, as these are the keywords used from the old compendium warscrolls. It smells like a wishlisting using a natural outworking of logic and prior warscroll information.

• Like 3