The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, JPjr said:

oh this! irrespective of rules the shark and turtle are awesome things and it was only knowing the soul wars box was coming that stopped me buying one. 

I still keep meaning to pick up Lotann just to paint as I love his little club wielding Ochtar wingman. If they brought out a couple more kits like that, a big octopus and/or armour plated war crab then I'd be insanely tempted to just buy them for the hell of it.

If they made heavy infantry crab-men, as in the Aquaman movie, I would be all over this army in a second.  Or a giant crab the size of a mawcrusha.  Yes please!

• LOVE IT! 5

Just now, Skabnoze said:

If they made heavy infantry crab-men, as in the Aquaman movie, I would be all over this army in a second.  Or a giant crab the size of a mawcrusha.  Yes please!

I think GW decided to go with more tropical sea creatures (sharks, eels, a tortoise) instead of deep sea horrors. 

Related to both rumours (in a round about way) and the sales discussion, does lack of sales directly translate into lack of future releases? As Fyreslayers sold poorly, should we not expect them to get a future release any time soon, or will GW see their lack of sales as a reason to revive the faction (after listening to feedback)?

I'm really wondering how well Everchosen sell. To me, it seems like the varangaurd are only ever seen for cool painting projects, and their chat on here is pretty much dead. I also wonder how well Slaanesh sells as I'm constantly told by people I'm the only Slaanesh player they've ever faced.   

I suspect the IDK is very much just a case of GW setting their expectations too high. They were the first completely new Elven army for AoS, with a very striking aesthetic and lore completely unlike what had been seen before. They likely thought this would get a lot more attention than it did. As for myself, I love their look and hope to see more of them, it's one of the first times since LotR that elves have really interested me.

Fyreslayers of course have really obvious problems and I wouldn't be surprised if their sales are actually a big issue. It's kind of amazing that nobody at GW realized that. Even something as simple as giving them different beard colours in the official box art would do wonders. 

Edited by Blightzkrieg

36 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

I think that the issue is thst they dont look elvish enough.  They are a whole different thing, so i belive it didnt pull on Aelves  fans.

Well I’m guessing that it was a great hit for many players, but putting out a Aelven faction right after they had released a gigantic renewed Dark elve faction, probaly was the thing that those players didn’t bother to start buying.

Also from a model or fluff perspective I guess many players didn’t really like the idea of blind Aelve taking the place of old High Aelves or dark Aelve.

it seems a bit cheap. (Just guessing)

also I think that they were a great armie that sold very good just not as good as Gw would have expected.

They probaly thought that more people would by an armie of these, since Dok was such a big hit.

6 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Also from a model or fluff perspective I guess many players didn’t really like the idea of blind Aelve taking the place of old High Aelves or dark Aelve.

I enjoy my archetypes/tropes, however, they aren't really present in the deepkin. The models although reflecting the background didn't catch my interest. There are few miniatures that I'd enjoy having, but not enough to start an army.

It's fine, I'll just collect the Skaven in the meantime I wait for the light elves. 

1 hour ago, Skabnoze said:

My issue was the opposite - not fishy enough!

I think that's part of the issue that puts them into a weird spot. Not elfy enough for the elf fans, but not fishy enough for the that want something totally new. I think IdK might be a bit more popular if they weren't elves at all, or at least went the Syvaneth route where the evlishness was so far gone that they're now just fish people like sylvaneth are just tree people.

• Like 2

I'd be surprised if the Light or shadow aelves sell very well either. This high fantasy mystical beasts they are doing, nobody likes them.

It's like fielding an army of Dracolines for Stormcast, almost no one plays Stormcast to field armies of magical monster mounted Stormcast. 

Malerion is teased as a half dragon half Aelf god hybrid. Means that it's not going to be far off Morathi and her Melusai snakes as far as model design goes. 

*Raises hand as someone who would love to field and army of dragons*

And what's this talk of not liking Dracolines? The only downside to Dracolines is that Stormcast are too big and chunky in size to let you steal those mounts to repurpose and put Aelves on them! 

You'll be saying you don't like gryph hounds or other such mad things next! :P

Edited by Overread
  • Like 11

11 minutes ago, Enoby said:

We've gone days without rumours, we'll take anything at this point :P

Oh I know, but I don't place much stock in such things. The one bit that made me raise my eyebrow was the devoted of sigmar because if they were selling so well they would of repackaged them already like the dispossessed and wanderers. Shelf space costs money and not using it for something that sells really well is well...silly.  

I mean in my GW I bought out all the devoted sigmar, they haven't seen any new ones. Plus they still haven't been repackaged as I said, this is just anecdotal but this is what causes me to question the rumour. 

Edited by shinros

3 minutes ago, shinros said:

Oh I know, but I don't place much stock in such things. The one bit that made me raise my eyebrow was the devoted of sigmar because if they were selling so well they would of repackaged them already like the dispossessed and wanderers. Shelf space costs money and not using it for something that sells really well is well...silly.  

Well a lot of people use Phoenix on mixed order army abd it osnt on round bases yet.

33 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

Well a lot of people use Phoenix on mixed order army abd it osnt on round bases yet.

Well yes but if they were selling well, they would be in a GW store. It's fact that only GW's top lines are held in their stores, the rest is online only. Since as I said shelf space costs money. So Wanderers are selling well but the rumour makes no mention of them. 

Edit:So when certain models are bought out in a store, they don't get anymore of them until another release or if they are repackaged. 

Edited by shinros
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Gecktron said:

I think GW decided to go with more tropical sea creatures (sharks, eels, a tortoise) instead of deep sea horrors. 

I can see where you're coming from but I hope that's not the case since the lore has most of them way down there in the deep so it would make sense to have some of the more horrific fish down there as well. That said even if they are going with a tropical theme and sticking with it there's still crabs, octopuses, more seahorses/seadragons, barracudas and other fish as well as rays and other sharks they could use. Hopefully they do expand the sea creatures they use in the future as that's an aspect of the army that I would say appeals to a lot of people myself included.

• Like 2

Interesting we have pages of discussion assuming the original poster is telling the truth. I do agree that it all sound plausible. We all know their were lots of problems with the early Fyreslayers. Wouldn't anyone who had access to the release schedule be subject to a non-disclosure agreement? This kind of leak could be damaging to GW, is the poster either unprofessional or are they disgruntled? Do they think releasing this information would encourage people to get behind Deepkin and Fyreslayers?

Also, if they were just not as financially successful as expected was this due to tooling costs? Supply issues? Design time? Did some models sell like hot cakes but others chew large warehousing costs? Assuming the GW list of best sellers is accurate, the Deepkin heroes were top sellers. How far below expectations?

My personal opinion is the the Indoneth Deepkin are just astonishingly brilliant. I wish I had time to collect and play them. Wish there were rules for some for Silver Tower so I could paint a hero to play with too.

Edited by Greyshadow
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, eciu said:

Isn't that the whole point of this thread ?:P (hint: rumors)

Oh yes but so far during the few pages people are taking it as some gospel truth. When it should be discussed with a huge mountain of salt in light of facts and the fact it's from 4chan as well. I find the rumour that dispossessed  is being worked upon more reliable because they are in GW stores and models from the range have been repackaged. So if the rumour is true we should see some dwarfs in about 2-5 years depending how far they are along. 

edit:It's also quite clear that if your models are in a GW store(repackaged) or if they are in the general handbook they will get an update at some point. 

Edited by shinros

Imdont think so.

If these rumours are true and they are working in the battletome of dispossesed then it is around one year to release.

I dont remember where i read that gw start to work in battletomes after every mini is done,and i dont think takes one year to do a battletome.

But this is only if rumours are true and they are working in our battletome