The Rumour Thread

44 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

You think that's bad?  Spireguard at 200 are competing with Reavers for Swifthawk battleline, who have the same number of wounds and save, are lightyears better on movement, have 50% more ranged attacks and 300% more melee attacks...and are 40 points cheaper.  W.T.F.

Did you view all the other stats and weapons on the scroll or are we just making judgements based on points cost against stats for a unit we used to use?

6 minutes ago, daedalus81 said:

Did you view all the other stats and weapons on the scroll or are we just making judgements based on points cost against stats for a unit we used to use?

Yes. 200 points for 10.  Battleline if mono-Swifthawk.  Same as Shadow Warriors.

IMG_5471.PNG

Edited by Thomas Lyons

It does seem high for Spireguard. Are they 20 models for 200 points? They would then be same points per wound as Liberators.

High Warden Command ability duplicates Reckless Order Command Trait - so not much value in the interim.

Edited by Nico

2 minutes ago, Nico said:

It does seem high for Spireguard. Are they 20 models for 200 points? They would then be same points per wound as Liberators.

High Warden Command ability duplicates Reckless Order Command Trait - so not much value in the interim.

Nope, 200 for 10.  Just double checked.  Ironically, they are fulfilling the identical place and point cost of Shadow Warriors with a worse set of attacks and questionable abilities :-/  This must be a mistake.

Edited by Thomas Lyons
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nico said:

It specifies that they are 10 or more models. So they come in 10s for that point cost (assuming the 200p would be official)

10 minutes ago, PJetski said:

200 points for 10 Spireguard is far too much.

Is GW still asking the SCGT for their input? If not, they should.

It has to be that some wires were crossed with Shadow Warriors.  They have the same wording ("Battleline if... etc").  It makes me wonder if this is a proverbial coding "copy-paste" error and what we're seeing hasn't been proofed (and wasn't supposed to go public yet).  If they knock them back down to 120, I think they would be sufficiently competitive for what they are supposed to do.  The faction as a whole still has lackluster synergy (where is that Seahelm on foot with his command ability...) but they would at least be properly costed.  

4 hours ago, alastair said:

Seems pretty obvious that their warscrolls are changing if their points are.

But they didn't.  I took a screen capture of the scrolls exact stats with updated keyword.  It is the old scroll (with new keyword) and 200 points.

3 hours ago, daedalus81 said:

Maybe this is GW's new pointing for units with ranged.

Possibly, but this will just move the meta so that some other tactic like alpha strike charges is the dominant competitive tactic.  Although, if this is the case, it make no sense why the Reavers were untouched.  They are the top of shootiness, low costed, and high mobility.  It doesn't get better than Reavers (and now they can be 2+ to wound with stacked Skywardens).  

Edited by Thomas Lyons
  • Like 1

I think we're being very premature about this without seeing everything in context - the box set was put up for sale a week too early and some of the bits on the app too.  There's no guarantee we have the whole picture from the tiny sliver of information that's been gleaned from the app.  We also know that the app is frequently out of sync with everything else so it's plausible that something got entered with placeholder information and was set live.  Also it probably makes sense to move the conversation to it's own topic :D

I'm personally really excited about having rules for the Exalted Bloodthirster!  I've had one in my cupboard for over a decade now (although the whips need replacing).  Looks like the rules may be written outside of FW too.

• Like 2

Why cant more units just be battleline period? It would give all the armies much more flexibility. I think only Dark Elf units have battleline from the old elf units (in the new books.) 

I realise legacy units do have battleline but they are out of print. 

Also how can spireguard be 200 when they arent much better than Freeguild Guard with milita weapons?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cerlin said:

Why cant more units just be battleline period? It would give all the armies much more flexibility. I think only Dark Elf units have battleline from the old elf units (in the new books.) 

I realise legacy units do have battleline but they are out of print. 

Also how can spireguard be 200 when they arent much better than Freeguild Guard with milita weapons?

Agreed  more generic battle line would be great