The Rumour Thread

It's definitely a weird list, and probably pieced together out of information that's really easy to guess: for one thing, Blue and Brimstone Horrors just got proper rules in 40K and need models, so that's a nobrainer. An increased focus on Tzeentch with no easily-available LoC is also dumb, so expect that to change (lol). And Tzaangors only need a proper warscroll to account for the banners/great weapons/etc on the 40K sprues and they might as well be released already.

So I'd say that all of the above releases are a safe bet, and some of them might be here pretty soon: after all, 40K players are waiting for those horrors. But that doesn't mean that the rumour itself is anything more than a pretty easy guess.

For one thing, this leaves major gaps in the Arcanite faction, which is obvious if you compare it to Bloodbound:

Bloodreaver equivalent: Kairic Acolytes (unconfirmed as standalone)
Blood Warrior equivalent: Tzaangors (seems likely)
Elite infantry/skullreaper equivalent: ?????
Fast unit/cavalry: ??????

...and so on.

Then even if we expect standalone releases of the Tzeentch Sorceror Lord, Ogroid Thaumaturge and Gaunt Summoner with Familiars, that leaves a bunch of room for new heroes. New Lord on Disc? Tzaangor heroes? Something else completely? Bear in mind that Bloodbound, discounting older metal/resin models but including weapon variants, have access to more than 10 individual plastic hero models.

• Like 1

++ Mod hat on ++

I've had to issue two warnings today. Feel free to disagree with each other. However, all opinions on TGA should be expressed in a polite and mature manner. Foul language and aggressive behaviour is not the TGA way. Everyone should feel welcome here, even if not everyone agrees on every topic!

• Like 11

I would certainly not trust any of the ****** BOLS spews out, it's well known that they clickbait things and tend to pass along anything trawled from other forums to try and get hits (I seem to recall someone here posted something they heard at their GW, and BOLS ran with it as "breaking news"), not to mention littering the site with ads and potentially other malware.  It's a very shady website.

It does seem like we are in the portion of the year where 40k is taking precedence, but hopefully AOS will get some love soon.

42 minutes ago, wayniac said:

It does seem like we are in the portion of the year where 40k is taking precedence, but hopefully AOS will get some love soon.

I kind of feel this has been said every couple of comments since the start of this thread ;)

Would be fun to see a new faction or updates but I rather wait a little longer than have GW deliver rushed products.

*Added in edit: personally I think it's a good thing they don't announce anything because it would only lead to disappointment if it misses the deadline. 

Edited by Kramer

1 hour ago, KALITAS said:

Maybe Flamers and Screamers?

I thought about this too, but bear in mind that Khorne has fully represented mortal AND demon options for most if not all of these archetypes. That's where Tzeentch is massively lacking at the moment.

Keep in mind that "full fledged factions" as we usually think about it isn't GW's intent. Fyreslayers have no cav/fast options at all. Beastclaw raiders have no basic troops. Bonesplittaz don't have monsters or super characters.

The faction will be determined however GW sees fit. Extrapolating trends is a bit meaningless given the wide variety in the factions already present.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BrAiKo said:

But they're not Arcanites... unless they have a unit of mortals riding screamers/discs?

Some tzanngors on discs as fast attack me thinks. Thats what i think the rumor engine picks are.

As for elites. I suppose something needs to be a surprise.

Perhaps advanced versions of the kairc acolytes? like what blood warriors are to blood reavers.

Perhaps heavly armored sorcerer unit with a group wizards mechanic.

Looking at the app, you can see the points listed for the Spire of Dawn stuff if you click the profiles mode. The Battalion gets points (40) and all the units have the same points they had in the compendium, save for the Spireguard who are now listed as 200! That's an unjustified increase if I ever saw one. Hope that is an error of some sort. Also says they gain battleline if Swifthawks allegiance. I wonder if a wire isn't being crossed with the shadow warriors or something because 200 points is expensive for what they do.

Spireguard for 200 is indeed ridiculous. They're a bit rubbish. I can't get the rules for the battalion to download either.

Ripsnikk's Raiders lets the Warlord select a friendly unit within 13" of him to pile in and attack if it's within 3" of an enemy in the hero phase. They can also deploy any of their units (up to 3) in "ambush". In any of your hero phases you can set an ambushing unit up within 9" of a friendly hero and more than 9" from enemies, they then can't move in the move phase. If all friendly heroes are dead, remaining ambushers are too. 80pts.

Looks like the Skaven Battalion is 80 pts. Lets one unit within 13 inches of Warlord can pile in and attack as if combat phase an enemy unit if within 3 inches. Also gain an ambush rule where units are deployed off the table and can be brought on in the hero phase (counts as move though). Has to be within 9 inches of a hero and more than 9 inches away from enemies.

I can't get the Aelves one open ether and I'm on a galaxy.

Yeah I'm convinced it has to be a mistake. In the Compendium Sea Guard are 120 points. And since a standard Spearaelf unit of 10 is 80 points, which they share the same stat wheel with, those bows add 40 points. Suddenly they cost 80 more points just because they get Swifthawk Allegiance and at best a plus 1 to wound if near enough a skywarden? Bonkers. I'm hopeful that is a mistake that will be corrected.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Darth Alec said:

Keep in mind that "full fledged factions" as we usually think about it isn't GW's intent. Fyreslayers have no cav/fast options at all. Beastclaw raiders have no basic troops. Bonesplittaz don't have monsters or super characters.

The faction will be determined however GW sees fit. Extrapolating trends is a bit meaningless given the wide variety in the factions already present.

Yeah, that's a fair point. I suppose I want a Tzeentch faction that is as well-rounded as Bloodbound to the extent that I'm willing to wish it into being. That said, I'd be surprised if 'acolyes+tzaangors+the silver tower baddies' was all there was to it.

Edited by CJPT

2 hours ago, Lysandestolpe said:

WHAT? 200 for 10 Spireguards? This must be a mistake.

Thats 20 points more than 5 brutes that has 3 wounds each, 4 attacks each, hits and wounds like magic and has rend -1. 

What are they on and how can I get some?

You think that's bad?  Spireguard at 200 are competing with Reavers for Swifthawk battleline, who have the same number of wounds and save, are lightyears better on movement, have 50% more ranged attacks and 300% more melee attacks...and are 40 points cheaper.  W.T.F.

• Like 1