The Rumour Thread

From Spikey Bits:

Rumormongers tell BoLS

Look for a Tzeentch release window for Age of Sigmar in January

• Close Combat Tzangors will be included
  • Blue Horrors
  • Brimstone Horrors
  • wait for it… Lord of Change (in plastic)
  • Tzeentch AoS Campaign book
  • Hobby Accessories
  • Like 3

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 7:38 PM, AAL said:

As a dark aelf player I support moving them out of order but personally I think they work better in destruction than death

Absolutely not. They are absolutely an Order force. Order is not the same thing as good. Being "good" is not a pre-requisite for order. Where are the D&D people here to back me up? Say it with me Lawful Evil. 

please for pete's sake stop asking dark elves to be made destruction or chaos that is completely illogical with respect to the fluff.

IMG_1754.JPG

• Like 7

52 minutes ago, buffalozap said:

Absolutely not. They are absolutely an Order force. Order is not the same thing as good. Being "good" is not a pre-requisite for order. Where are the D&D people here to back me up? Say it with me Lawful Evil. 

please for pete's sake stop asking dark elves to be made destruction or chaos that is completely illogical with respect to the fluff.

IMG_1754.JPG

Sorry I think I misspoke here earlier. I am happy with them in order it does make the most fluff sense but in the idea that order has many factions and the others have less. Destruction would be the one that makes most sense to me to be balanced toward.

Edited by AAL
Spelling is hard
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, AAL said:

Sorry I think I misspoke here earlier. I am happy with them in order it does make the most fluff sense but in the idea that order has many factions and the others have less. Destruction would be the one that makes most sense to me to be balanced toward.

Assuming that those factions don't get expanded in the future. 

2 hours ago, buffalozap said:

IMG_1754.JPG

Don't act like a there is a single truth. There are a thousand and one ways to place DE in destruction with fluff. So if someone voices their opinion let them, accept it and don't try to suggest that their opinion is ridiculous. It doesn't help a constructive conversation and is a bit rude.  Also it decreases the value of your otherwise good point. 

Order is indeed not the same as good. I play dark elves since 6th (I think) and I don't think they should be moved. But mostly because of battlefield aesthetics. Wouldn't look right placing a organized unit of dread spears next to a rabble of goblins.?

Edited by Kramer

47 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Don't act like a there is a single truth. There are a thousand and one ways to place DE in destruction with fluff. So if someone voices their opinion let them, accept it and don't try to suggest that their opinion is ridiculous. It doesn't help a constructive conversation and is a bit rude.  Also it decreases the value of your otherwise good point. 

Order is indeed not the same as good. I play dark elves since 6th (I think) and I don't think they should be moved. But mostly because of battlefield aesthetics. Wouldn't look right placing a organized unit of dread spears next to a rabble of goblins.?

I apologize for triggering you with my micro-aggression. I will try my best to respect your safe space.

13977638945146.png

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, ElectricPaladin said:

Old Night. How about we all just shut the ****** up about the damn elves? Start a new thread if you want to argue about the pointy eared buttholes!

Absolutely!

Dark elves can be Order, Chaos, destruction, or death. Who are we to tell them what they need to identify as? Maybe they were born as Order but they always knew deep inside that they were actually destruction. I say accept every kind of dark elf and stop trying to put labels on things.

Right?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KALITAS said:

From Spikey Bits:

Rumormongers tell BoLS

Look for a Tzeentch release window for Age of Sigmar in January

• Close Combat Tzangors will be included
  • Blue Horrors
  • Brimstone Horrors
  • wait for it… Lord of Change (in plastic)
  • Tzeentch AoS Campaign book
  • Hobby Accessories

Very salty.

That doesn't look like a coherent AoS wave, as it is all demons except for Tzaangor. Every wave release so far has been for one particular faction.

If Tzaangor are to get their rules outside of an Arcanites release, why the wait at all?

Also, only mentions stuff we know is coming or that has been circulated in the rumor mill for some time now.

Also, BoLS. I have more faith in Faeit at this point and that is a pure agregator.

The only way I could see this happen is:

-Combined Tzeentch daemon release for 40k/fantasy

-Tzaangor as a seperate mini faction along with first campaign book

-Arcanites proper pending and released later

And I find that still unlikely and displeasing. With allegiances developing as they are, I'd find a further facturing into even more subfactions rather bothersome.

22 minutes ago, Rogue Explorator said:

Very salty.

That doesn't look like a coherent AoS wave, as it is all demons except for Tzaangor. Every wave release so far has been for one particular faction.

If Tzaangor are to get their rules outside of an Arcanites release, why the wait at all?

Also, only mentions stuff we know is coming or that has been circulated in the rumor mill for some time now.

Also, BoLS. I have more faith in Faeit at this point and that is a pure agregator.

The only way I could see this happen is:

-Combined Tzeentch daemon release for 40k/fantasy

-Tzaangor as a seperate mini faction along with first campaign book

-Arcanites proper pending and released later

And I find that still unlikely and displeasing. With allegiances developing as they are, I'd find a further facturing into even more subfactions rather bothersome.

What about the Karic Acolytes?.  I think thats what they are called . . . ..

And if the recent rumor engine thing it arcanite where does that fit in?

33 minutes ago, AAL said:

With the upcoming rerelease of blood isles models does that mean that aelves are around the corner or that they will be put off a bit further until old stock is cleared out?

Bet on no aelves for a while.  That rumor also sounds like a weeks worth so more could easily come with it unless they're pushing 40K hard.

Bols and spikey bits are the WORST places on the Internet for rumours. Their rumours are guesses at best. Check out the rumour accuracy tracker on dakka. It has a nice list of the nonsense they have shared over the years. The websites are terrible, and have put spy ware on my phone. 

We all know that arcanites are coming. There will be Tzaangors (obviously) acolytes, clam packs and most likely a loc (this was rumoured by Sad panda, who actually knows what they are talking about).

One thing I will share is that the loc is currently out of stock world wide. (the other greater demons are all still there) This may mean nothing, but it is certainly intriguing. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, shinros said:

Indeed I don't think we will see them until they are done with steamhead and arcanites. 

Is there anything concrete behind the rumor that Steamhead Dwarves are going to be released?

It sounds like just a lot of wishful thinking from disgruntled dwarf players who didn't like their all slayer release.

43 minutes ago, buffalozap said:

Is there anything concrete behind the rumor that Steamhead Dwarves are going to be released?

It sounds like just a lot of wishful thinking from disgruntled dwarf players who didn't like their all slayer release.

The leaked pic from warhammer community and reliable, but mis-timed rumors.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, KHHaunts said:

What about the Karic Acolytes?.  I think thats what they are called . . . ..

And if the recent rumor engine thing it arcanite where does that fit in?

I am not denying Tzeentch releases are coming. I'd expect both a daemons and Arcanites in the next few months, there are to many signs pointing that way to dismiss.

It is just that this particular rumor looks like someone trying to pass of guesswork as credible information . I don't see the releases happening in that particular combination and timetable.

12 minutes ago, Rogue Explorator said:

I am not denying Tzeentch releases are coming. I'd expect both a daemons and Arcanites in the next few months, there are to many signs pointing that way to dismiss.

It is just that this particular rumor looks like someone trying to pass of guesswork as credible information . I don't see the releases happening in that particular combination and timetable.

Thats kind of what i meant.

I would expect to see the above mentioned units somewhere in that line up but they arent.