The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Baron Klatz said:

You say that but then they release "Realms-o-War, the naval/aerial AoS expansion"  and it'll all come together. 

I'm throwing money at the screen, but nothing is happening!

Nothing would be better some sea expansions, I'd love to see dark elves corsairs get a battle tome to go along side the DoK. Would make use of some of the other fantastic, and still quite new dark elves kits, plus a a raiding party boat as their scenery piece would open up to a seas expansions.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, novakai said:

If Spring 2019 means Q1 (Jan-March) of the next year then the timeline feels more believable and makes more sense to me.

And if cafe mocha meant raspberry flavored coffee then your mocha from Starbucks would taste like raspberries, not chocolate.

But it doesn't.

Spring is March, April, May.

Edited by Sleboda
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, RexHavoc said:

Nothing would be better some sea expansions, I'd love to see dark elves corsairs get a battle tome to go along side the DoK. Would make use of some of the other fantastic, and still quite new dark elves kits, plus a a raiding party boat as their scenery piece would open up to a seas expansions.

With all the talk of a kill team-esc skirmish mk II, i just had a thought.  What about a KT-Rogue Trader style skirmish expansion for ship to ship combat?

Im imagining a double sided board or perhaps warhammer quest style floor templates for Kharadron airships, Azyr Galleons, and DE Corsairs.   Imagine the excitment of boxed set containing mini battletomes for Cog fort automaton vs Grot Sky pirates!!!!!!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, tom_gore said:

Megaboss on Grunta

Gore-Grunta Chariot

Start with those and I'll be a happy camper :)

You have to remember that minis are not designed based on competitive play gaps  / warscroll gaps/ etc. 
They design the coolest minis they can and the rules team has to work with it.   
These suggestions sound like they're trying to turn Ironjawz into a reboot of fantasy orks which is kind of uninspired and I hope they don't do that. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TheHarrower said:

Those timelines look off to me as well. I heard Moonclan, Slaanesh, Dark Oath, and then Tyrion Aelves. They have swapped around the order before though. I know for sure a new Skirmish is coming. It was in the back of the January White Dwarf. Whether or not it's the full redone AoS Skirmish based on Kill Team, I don't know. I'd kinda be surprised if it wasn't.

!!! 😧

You were quoted earlier in this thread that you knew Skirmish was coming and that it was kill team, now youre not sure???

On 12/18/2018 at 5:46 AM, TheHarrower said:

So I've known about the new AoS skirmish for quite a while, but I didn't expect them to announce it so soon. From how it's been described to me, it's Kill Team plus, with the plus being more of a focus on campaign play. Honestly, I'm totally okay with this and it's the reason why I stopped developing Forgotten Heroes further. I've had grand plans for skirmish ever since I worked on Mordheim back in the day, but alas there is no point with GW doing an official release. I can't wait until it drops.

People complain this thread is more discussion that rumour, thats because ^^^  rumours are never as reliable as they are made out to be.

Edited by stato
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sleboda said:

And if cafe mocha meant raspberry flavored coffee then your mocha from Starbucks would taste like raspberries, not chocolate.

But it doesn't.

Spring is March, April, May.

I mean if you swap it Q1 instead of spring then the release look like it make sense

like you actually where smart enough and order the chocolate mocha and not the raspberry whatever coffee

• Like 1

GW is not good at answering that kind of questions as they obviously  don't want to say too much  I once asked if the ScE upgrade sets wwould be back and as I didn't specified that I mean Tempest Lords they said that the upgrades  are still available (but only for Celestial Warbringers). They could mean the resin version. is gone. It doesn't mean that we won't see plastic version.

11 minutes ago, cash4u said:

Looks like the Mangler is gone for good.

Eh, it could be a low level customer service rep who sees the same thing on the web site, "no longer available", which does usually mean it won't be coming back, but then we've seen few kits do the exact same thing the past few weeks and then come back. Unless it goes away, away completely and stays away for a while or we get confirmation from someone reliable, I wouldn't bet in it being gone for good yet

1 hour ago, sorokyl said:

You have to remember that minis are not designed based on competitive play gaps  / warscroll gaps/ etc. 
They design the coolest minis they can and the rules team has to work with it.   
These suggestions sound like they're trying to turn Ironjawz into a reboot of fantasy orks which is kind of uninspired and I hope they don't do that. 

Nah but combining the so called greenskinz (green-things) and the Ironjaws Range would, from my perspective, be great.

more minis (maybe this’ll mean that the Boyz will finally get an upgrade)*

and you’d finally have some sort of, meatshields option for your very pricey heavy hitters.

(also it makes fluffwise, if you look at Gordrakks mega-whaaaaaag)

* upgrade meaning new minis (maybe??)

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1

Well he just meant they'd be more creative like instead of a regular grunta mount the warboss would get either a sub-species of their frog-like Wyvern(smaller and more lean but can jump like a squig for a surprise pounce) or even realm related like a mechanical Grunta changed from the magic in Chamon(heavy armor, can be repaired, heavily advised to paint it's flesh-hull red). While a chariot would be a near fortress centerpiece on spiked wheels dragged by such a unique creature.

Also hope the mangler squids make a return with the tome. Fellow on Reddit was so happy he got his model put up alongside it on their store page. (You can actually still see a part of it on the left :D )

Edited by Baron Klatz

38 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Me too!! 

I'm praying to Gorkamorka to see that release (my other army don't let me pray to any god/des).

You have a Slaves to Darkness Necoho army?! 0.o.

:D

29 minutes ago, Walrustaco said:

I'm probably unnecessarily hurting myself (especially with all signs pointing to moonclan) by thinking this could mean some kind of book for my ogors.

Well hopefully the Destruction rumors prove true and 2019 will be to Gorkamorka what this year was to Nagash.

• Like 1

From the trailer, seems more likely then that the next battletome will actually be pure Moonclan rather than Moonclan-focused grots (like last tome was Beasts of Chaos, rather than Brayherd even though main focus was on the goat boys).

If GW are moving away from the Grand Alliance books, would then need to fold Spiderfang and Gitmob into generic Greenskinz book (or a subset in a new Ironjawz tome, though their thing has generally been "biggest orruks only").