The Rumour Thread

12 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

Return? He never had a model (and never had rules in WFB, only ever 2nd ed 40k) ;) 

Any excuse to show off my favourite codex ever.... :D 

IMG_2197.JPG.bc6c463c2721d081682e22646811a57b.JPGIMG_2196.JPG.4d50dd22fd2921a355d3314891f27ad9.JPG

4 hours ago, Overread said:

To my eye it looks like a horn, thick base curving to a tapered tip. The shape and dimples on it look like rivets which makes me think its metal as opposed to bone/wood/something else. I'd figure it could be part of a helm or staff and I'd lean toward it being chaos based

I was thinking that as well when I saw it

• LOVE IT! 2

5 hours ago, Waiyuren said:

It's been photoshopped to cut out the rest of the model maybe? Reminds me of the neck plates on the boobsnake.

I definitely think something has been photoshopped out here, sneaky GW, just like the string of bullets from earlier. The astectic really matches the fungoid cave shaman and Zarbag’s Gitz, mainly the armoured squig herder. I LOVE the idea of the giant armoured centipede that @Sabotage! mentioned. I have quietly hoped for this too. I’m trying not to get too excited because it could be anything but......IT’S GROTS!!!!!

• Like 1

@Fisher KIng I'm really thinking it's Grots also (I'm really excited to see what GW does with Moonclan). I'm hoping the goblins get lots of bugs and fungi monsters to accompany them into battle (and I think Fungus monsters are almost a given, considering the Troll shadespire band). Aesthetically I think that would make a really cool army. It would be really cool for the Moonclan to have big centipedes and the Spiderfangs to have big spiders.

A lot of people on Dakka seem to think it's a Keeper of Secrets claw that is armored, but unless they photoshopped the interior of the claw out (which is a possibility), I really don't see that happening. It could be something from a Slaanesh mortal too I suppose. I'm really leaning towards Moonclan though, because of the rough craftsmanship. I think Slaanesh would like something a bit more elegant.

• LOVE IT! 1

5 minutes ago, Sabotage! said:

It would be really cool for the Moonclan to have big centipedes and the Spiderfangs to have big spiders.

This is my found hope. I want this with a nice joint battalion the will give my spider the boost they need. Plus super cool. I want Grots to get all the insects. Very jealous of Alarielle’s beetle. In any sane world that thing would have a load of angry grots on top of it. The important question and I think I could be one for any new faction release is what will the terrain piece be? For Moonclan maybe a mushroom grove. What would it do? 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, youngSkywalker said:

In fact, slaanesh does more than need a few good models :-P. He and Khorne both do. Gimme emperors children, Khorne berzerkers, flesh hounds and a whole lot of mortal and demons for her that thirsts. 

If we're also talking 40k then I'd like to see new  generic chaos space marines too!

3 hours ago, 123lac said:

Oh nice, looks like Slaanesh is going to get a good few models.

It's a given that a bunch is coming Slaanesh's way in AoS sometime in the near future because out of the 4 he doesn't really have a line of mortals specific to her, the only thing he's got atm is the lord on boobsnake, the old sigvald model and the hellstriders so we can expect to see at least a couple new kits along with new plastic kits for the lord on foot and on mount. Plus there's the new fiend, rumored KoS and herald as well, and who knows maybe they've got something else cooking for daemons that nobody knows about.

• Like 1

The old warscroll cards are odd. They are portrait style which means, on most models, there's a big empty half of the card with nothing on it, whilst the text squeezed into the top is a smaller font than in the Battletome. For something designed to be quick reference card they sort of fail - being big and smaller in print size. 

I fully expect to see the new style landscape aspect cards (like the ones in the Malign Sorcery box) to be rolling out at some point. GW is likely having to run stocks as low as they can (in house and perhaps also in the distribution network) before doing a big bulk order from the printers. They might (and I stress the might) also be waiting for a key moment to make this order as they could revise them for armies with Battletome Adjustments since publication. 

20 hours ago, Sabotage! said:

@Fisher KIng I'm really thinking it's Grots also (I'm really excited to see what GW does with Moonclan). I think Slaanesh would like something a bit more elegant.

I hope it's Moonclan too, but the consensus is that it's Slaanesh.

I can't wait for Moonclan. I love the more absurd armies. My knife wielding ladies in bikinis are pretty awesome, but the not have that moon clan silliness.

• Like 3