Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Legends say that every few pages, a hero will ask for rumours only please.

If that request were to be granted, the world would become a gray, lifeless place..

(Make it a drinking game ;)

Heads up; Seems like the two new Shadespire warbands have been put up on the app :)

Edited by Mayple
  • Like 3
  • Haha 14

1 hour ago, Kurrilino said:

Everything that starts with:

-i assume

-i think

-they should

-maybe...... is wishlisting and has no substance.

From my humble point it's very easy to do rumours without wishlisting. As long as it is not related to a source it is not a rumour. It's that easy.

Something like leaked pictures or leaked texts or spruce like we had is a source of rumours.

Having the general consensus that Fireslayer lack variety is in no way a rumour. It will just derail the thread for other people to chip in with

what their army lacks.

Leaked pictures of models and sprues aren't really rumors though, they are pretty much confirmation barring excellent photoshop work or 3rd party manufacturers people are claiming are GW . There maybe rumors surround those elements (for example, people may speculate Slaanesh is coming out next because of the fiend sprue sighting).

Currently there is a rumor that Fyreslayers are getting an update in November, people are discussing those rumors and whether or not they have validity based on GWs past history, speculation, etc. I think that's fair use of a rumor thread. Speculation on rumors is part of why they are rumors, GW even puts out incomplete pictures of models every Tuesday to give the community something to speculate on.

Wishlisting is entirely different (and often baseless speculation). That would be me jumping into the thread and saying "Soulblight Vampires really need an infantry unit to be viable." Which has no base and therefore would not belong in a rumor thread.

I'm not trying to be finicky, but I think you are coming down a bit hard on people for discussing rumors, which is what the thread is for.

• Like 11

Whilst I do agree that some people are wishlisting at times sentences beginning with 'i think' are pretty par for the course when discussing unsubstantiated hearsay ie. A rumour.

As Sabotage! mentioned, leaked pictures etc arent rumours but rather...well, leaks.

At the end of the day a rumour is merely unconfirmed hearsay, and whilst people like LLV have proven reliable, at the end of the day all we have to go on trusting them is their accuracy so far.  If we'd shut him down back when he first started because there was no evidence we'd have no trusted sources and thus I think it's important to allow some degree of free discussion where people throw in what they've heard (which at the end of the day, are often just things their friends thought are going to happen).

• Like 2

Speaking of rumours did I get it wrong or I read here rumours also of a new battletome for Ironjawz and Sylvaneth in the works? If that is true they may be alternating the Warhammer Underworlds warbands with new armies/ battletomes.

Or it may give us an idea of the direction GW is taking. That, assuming Moonclan and Darkoath are coming in the next 6 months, would leave Khorne, Tzeentch and KO with existing but old battletomes and Skaven and Deathrattle with no battletome but also no rumours or engine rumours about them... 

It may be a long shot but it is not impossible to think GW is testing the success of an army or the release schedule with smaller units first while in the meantime keeping the roster fresh with new stuff. Thoughts?

Sometimes I put out fishing lures of something I hope would be a thing to see if anyone has any related rumours or news regarding it. 

Sometimes there are some nice rumours and news, but many times not. 

Although I asked about BOC last year and someone said it was a toss up between STD(Darkoath) and BoC and it became BoC, so asking if anyone had news turned into rumours provided turned into real life fact. 

1 hour ago, alghero81 said:

Speaking of rumours did I get it wrong or I read here rumours also of a new battletome for Ironjawz and Sylvaneth in the works? 

Ironjawz yes but I don't recall sylvaneth rumour. And to be fair thr sylvaneth battletome has stood the test of time pretty well (unlike Ironjawz fyreslayers etc) 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

Ironjawz yes but I don't recall sylvaneth rumour. And to be fair thr sylvaneth battletome has stood the test of time pretty well (unlike Ironjawz fyreslayers etc) 

Yeah the Ironjawz and Fyreslayers need new tomes asap.  The ‘slayers have those nice rules from the GHB that they can build from.  The Ironjawz could have faction rules for each of the main tribes, for some Ourruky variety.  

2 hours ago, alghero81 said:

Speaking of rumours did I get it wrong or I read here rumours also of a new battletome for Ironjawz and Sylvaneth in the works? If that is true they may be alternating the Warhammer Underworlds warbands with new armies/ battletomes.

Or it may give us an idea of the direction GW is taking. That, assuming Moonclan and Darkoath are coming in the next 6 months, would leave Khorne, Tzeentch and KO with existing but old battletomes and Skaven and Deathrattle with no battletome but also no rumours or engine rumours about them... 

It may be a long shot but it is not impossible to think GW is testing the success of an army or the release schedule with smaller units first while in the meantime keeping the roster fresh with new stuff. Thoughts?

I wouldn’t really say that there aren’t any rumors about skaven.

after all there has been some mention of a skaven release in late February 

Anybody have a Rumour Round up with yet to be seen rumours (remember hearing something about Darkoath, and moonclan, which I guess really originated from Malign Portents, but don’t know if it differed much from the war ands for Shadespire).

I remember seeing a few more somehwere 8n 5he aether of the rumour thread a few weeks back. And a yet to be identified collage of the rumour engine. 

3 hours ago, alghero81 said:

I wouldn't be surprized that a new Sylvaneth Battletome would be released in Q1-Q2 2019 when the Sylvaneth warband will likely be released in Warhammer Underworlds..

• Like 1

I don't see the correlation with underworlds.  They won't even put the warscroll in there. 

Sylvaneth have spell lores, other factions don't. Don't see them getting an update before others

12 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

I don't see the correlation with underworlds.  They won't even put the warscroll in there. 

Sylvaneth have spell lores, other factions don't. Don't see them getting an update before others

Well don’t they have a new tree revenant with a bow? That could give a hint of new units and could come with some endless spells. I would say they have more chances than other battletomes don’t have anything at all, neither hints (like free peoples for example)

• Like 1

Going down that Underworlds rabbit hole, I noticed that the "fairy" that Zarbag is holding is named a spite and there is a specific card that shows off spites being a 4 winged insect type thing.

So some of the insectoid things we've been seeing (the thing with larvae coming out of its armpits) could be related to that.

14 minutes ago, froo said:

Going down that Underworlds rabbit hole, I noticed that the "fairy" that Zarbag is holding is named a spite and there is a specific card that shows off spites being a 4 winged insect type thing.

So some of the insectoid things we've been seeing (the thing with larvae coming out of its armpits) could be related to that.

Spites are the little fairy things that accompany Slyvaneth. They have tons of forms ranging from small bug things to the giant Wardroth Beetle that Alarielle rides.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Squigy_Boy said:

6B47B62A-2C6B-4E78-AD29-AFA124C54699.jpeg.7dcf2c9465f4d25eef758ac6907b3d70.jpeg512A296B-080A-4820-80F4-B65925C4D388.jpeg.a4b48ebc255d8f0a5accdab8f57aee00.jpeg

rumour engine for darkoath witch/shaman

What do you have to crush my poor Spiderfang hopes :( 

• Haha 2

On 10/8/2018 at 11:51 AM, Overread said:

AoS is already overflowing with Aelves ;)

Shush now!!! ???

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Infernalslayer said:

Do we know where the Darkoath Nighvault card was previewed? Is it from the upcoming warband or the core set?

Healing Pulse is a generic card in either the Zarbag's Gitz box or the Eyes of the Nine box, I don't remember which one it was in exactly but I'm leaning more towards the grots box.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dirtnaps said:

Healing Pulse is a generic card in either the Zarbag's Gitz box or the Eyes of the Nine box, I don't remember which one it was in exactly but I'm leaning more towards the grots box.

Oh ok, thanks! I hoped it was from the future Darkoath warband so that would hint to it being released this year instead of the assumed February 2019 (if they relase them like they did with Shadespire warbands).

Healing pulse is found in Zarbag’s gits and is a universal card assuming that warband will be released in the exact same style as last year with shadespire

On 10/13/2018 at 9:50 AM, Squigy_Boy said:

6B47B62A-2C6B-4E78-AD29-AFA124C54699.jpeg.7dcf2c9465f4d25eef758ac6907b3d70.jpeg512A296B-080A-4820-80F4-B65925C4D388.jpeg.a4b48ebc255d8f0a5accdab8f57aee00.jpeg

rumour engine for darkoath witch/shaman

Really hoping this is its own faction, rather than part of Slaves to Darkness. To me the aesthetic is way worse than any existing Chaos designs and I wouldn't want it mixed together.

1 minute ago, cash4u said:

Really hoping this is its own faction, rather than part of Slaves to Darkness. To me the aesthetic is way worse than any existing Chaos designs and I wouldn't want it mixed together.

Think we might get, not that loved by everybody, infantry for Darkoath and then, there will be some sort of cavalry and everybody will wet their pants and scream "Shut up and take my money GW". My small humble assumption :)