Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The molds are in storage and GW are already at max capacity concerning plastic kit output. That’s why they weren’t just reintroduced.

Remember, since the stock on that line hasn’t been run in 3 years they likely have little to no stock left. Re running those molds to get enough stock for re-distribution might as well be a new release- which in gw eyes is more profitable. 

Edited by LLV
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, WarbossKurgan said:

Another updated "unsolved" summary, as I missed out the candle. I thought it was in the Nighthaunt releases but I can't find one that actually matches it. Lots are close but none are "right".

37854395_10156633962453336_4289309952192

Caverns can get too dark for even Moonclan Grots.  If you get to a particularly deep cavern that does not have any glowing fungus then sometimes you just need a candle.

Obviously it is Grots...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bsharitt said:

I don't think a Moonclan release will be pulling in the Gitmobs, spider fang or any other goblins. I'm expecting them to lean into squigs, mushrooms, and the cave dwelling aspect. If @LLV's information is right, plastic squigs and I would guess plastic squig riders to bring them in line with any new squigs might be a good guess, especially if they overhaul the general squig design. All the current plastic will probably remain unchanged. Of the fine cast stuff, I expect the the Mangler Squigs to stick around, and maybe the squig herders, though that they come with the current find cast squigs does complicate that.

I agree that if it is a Moonclan battletome then it is doubtful that they bring the other sub allegiances in.  Maybe a legions of nagash style book for some of the smaller allegiances, but Moonclan would be it's own thing.

If they do a full Moonclan release then I don't expect any of the Finecast kits to remain.  They can engineer a plastic Mangler kit so that it could make a Mangler Squig. A hero on giant squig, or a new unit of giant squig riders.  I would think that would be the route that they would go.  Similarly they could combine a plastic squig kit with some goblin models and make a kit that could build cave squigs + herders or squig hoppers.  

As for heroes, I don't think they would get rid of any.  They would probably replace them with plastic kits, but I expect that the existing options will remain in some form.  Hopefully they split the warscroll for the grot warboss so that the guys with melee weapons and no giant squig can become a useful unit of some type.

11 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

I agree that if it is a Moonclan battletome then it is doubtful that they bring the other sub allegiances in.  Maybe a legions of nagash style book for some of the smaller allegiances, but Moonclan would be it's own thing.

If they do a full Moonclan release then I don't expect any of the Finecast kits to remain.  They can engineer a plastic Mangler kit so that it could make a Mangler Squig. A hero on giant squig, or a new unit of giant squig riders.  I would think that would be the route that they would go.  Similarly they could combine a plastic squig kit with some goblin models and make a kit that could build cave squigs + herders or squig hoppers.  

As for heroes, I don't think they would get rid of any.  They would probably replace them with plastic kits, but I expect that the existing options will remain in some form.  Hopefully they split the warscroll for the grot warboss so that the guys with melee weapons and no giant squig can become a useful unit of some type.

The reason I think they'll keep the mangler squigs is because its a "modern"  Finecast kit as opposed to a recast of the metal stuff(thanks for the history lesson in the other thread btw) and still fits the more modern aesthetic of late fantasy and AoS and they've kept to good finecast kits in factions that where otherwise heavily overhauled(Khorne and Nurgle).

Thinking i will have to wait at least months before any Darkoath/Beasts previews and i am getting a little crazy over here for information ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Believe me or not ... But following this info ... I just bought 20 gors. That's how excited I am right now !

Also, I still believe that the Candle is linked to Sisters of Battle. It looks a lot like the one you see on the 3D model that has been showed IMO.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, LLV said:

The molds are in storage and GW are already at max capacity concerning plastic kit output. That’s why they weren’t just reintroduced.

Remember, since the stock on that line hasn’t been run in 3 years they likely have little to no stock left. Re running those molds to get enough stock for re-distribution might as well be a new release- which in gw eyes is more profitable. 

I wonder how hard it is for GW to setup a made to order run of plastic vs resin/meta(I think the two batches we had for Warhammer Legends so far have been resin or metal, but I could be wrong).  If there's not a manufacturing hurdle, I would be more surprised if they didn't comeback as a limited made to order run. Agreed that at this point they'd do a new release rather that full scale manufacturing for a full release and at this point I don't see them narratively slotting the Tomb Kings back in.

8 hours ago, Ravinsild said:

Can anyone confirm or deny the rumors about an Angron Model and a World Eaters/Chaos Space Marine update? 

It may or may not be my sole reason for living honestly. New Zerkers... updated Termjnators... actual PLASTIC Havocs! Plastic Obliterators! Oh boy~ 

Anyone have any uh evidence to support these rumors or know a guy who knows for sure or anything...? Plz. 

I need these rumors to be true and I need this release rightnowrightnowrightnowrightnowrightnowrightnow.  

I have heard Angry Ron, NEW zerkers, NEW flesh hounds.....around Xmas time apparently 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

out of topic but I feel like 40k is due for a loyalist Primarch soon (Leman Russ) before another chaos one ( Fulgrim or Angron) 

1 hour ago, LLV said:

The molds are in storage and GW are already at max capacity concerning plastic kit output.

I can't beleive you more!

You know what? I waited 2 month to get the dire wolves (out of stock at GW). Then they were again available (friday last week). ordered asap (the same day,  last week). They are now, AGAIN out of stock at GW, they were available only 3 days :(9_9O.o

Edited by GeneralZero

Buy SW Fenrisian Wolves (they look much better).

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

I wonder how hard it is for GW to setup a made to order run of plastic vs resin/meta(I think the two batches we had for Warhammer Legends so far have been resin or metal, but I could be wrong).  If there's not a manufacturing hurdle, I would be more surprised if they didn't comeback as a limited made to order run. Agreed that at this point they'd do a new release rather that full scale manufacturing for a full release and at this point I don't see them narratively slotting the Tomb Kings back in.

Plastic? Nearly impossible, gw maxed out their capacities so hard, if so much as a minor hick up occurs, major releases are in trouble and might get pushed back. And it isn't even their own fault in parts at least. 

Resin on the other hand is quite doable and we had one or two tomb king models as made to order when nighthaunts dropped. 

32 minutes ago, LLV said:

I have heard Angry Ron, NEW zerkers, NEW flesh hounds.....around Xmas time apparently 

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Insta-include every list. It’ll be like Guilliman Kill Box but melee and.... deathswarm. 

Like all new factions, they're gonna lean heavily into the epic high fantasy thing, and they're gonna release at least one large centerpiece model, probably multiple. I'd love to see giant fungal trolls in the faction. Trolls have always been tied pretty close to goblins. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, michu said:

Buy SW Fenrisian Wolves (they look much better).

nope. I waited for dire wolves, took 20 (2 boxes) and I must say that they really fit beter in a death army that other wolves that look just like wolves.

2 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

nope. I waited for dire wolves, took 20 (2 boxes) and I must say that they really fit beter in a death army that other wolves that look just like wolves.

Yeah, while I don't like the dire wolves models, regular wolves look too.. regular. I ended up going with wild wargs from their Middle Earth stuff, and while they don't look dead, they do look just weird enough that they don't look like plain old wolves.

I actually think the made to order is partly there as a market survey to see which cut miniatures sell well to figure out in what direction to guide releases. 

4 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

I can't beleive you more!

You know what? I waited 2 month to get the dire wolves (out of stock at GW). Then they were again available (friday last week). ordered asap (the same day,  last week). They are now, AGAIN out of stock at GW, they were available only 3 days :(9_9O.o

Their internal talk says these production issues should start being resolved around the middle of this year. It’s multiple issues adding up to trouble with demand from what we’ve been told. The major stuff could take until mid late ne t year if what chatter we heard was true at the start of the year. 

If I recall right one big issue is power supply due to works by the local council so that could be one key thing that is holding them back; and might well be something that they can't just buy extra machines to cover. Might be those works finish some time this year or next and thus let them get that factory back to full production capacity. 

I also think that they don't want to invest too much in machines and new staff only to ride out this big wave of purchasing and find that it eases off in half a year or more; leaving them with excess production capacity (which means having to let staff go - or operate at higher than needed running costs or even have machines sitting around empty!)

7 hours ago, LLV said:

It’s confirmed with someone still at GW who lets say hasn’t been wrong yet. 

Well then I'll believe you !

I'more excited by squigs than TK honestly ;) And some Flesh-Hounds pets isn't bad either ! Thx again !

18 hours ago, Bloodmaster said:

@Sleboda calm down, LLV was nowhere near insulting, but I guess nowadays everything can be taken as an insult if you want. 

I dunno.  Telling someone they are choosing to be ignorant is not exactly friendly, especially after you've complimented them.

Anyhoo, Allen Merit and Golden Demon -

Yep. I used to judge Golden Demon in the US. He was a co-judge one year. I vaguely recall scratching my head at some of his thoughts, but they didn't seem horrible.

Models got eliminated for all sorts of reasons. Heck, one year (Co-judge may have been Gary Morley iirc) it came down to two models and we eliminated one because it used NMM as a technique and the other didn't. It's a very subjective thing.

As to rumors - if plastic squigs are a thing and they look more classical than fungal, my gf and I will take on part time work and have the checks go straight to GW.

5 hours ago, Kugane said:

I actually think the made to order is partly there as a market survey to see which cut miniatures sell well to figure out in what direction to guide releases. 

Wow, then it's not going to be good data.

I have pretty much had my hobby in limbo since TK went (I do mess around with Darkling Covens a bit, as a place-holder), and, in terms of GW, my biggest hope is a TK return (not new models, but just the plastics and Ushabti back).

Yet, I didn't buy Khalida or Settra.

If they want good data - and cannot produce plastic Made to Orders - Ushabti would be a much better barometer than two characters than most people have already (especially as one of the Tomb King on Exhalted Chariot's main abilities is basically obsolete now).

Edited by Kyriakin
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kyriakin said:

Wow, then it's not going to be good data.

I have pretty much had my hobby in limbo since TK went (I do mess around with Darkling Covens a bit, as a place-holder), and, in terms of GW, my biggest hope is a TK return (not new models, but just the plastics and Ushabti back).

Yet, I didn't buy Khalida or Settra.

If they want good data - and cannot produce plastic Made to Orders - Ushabti would be a much better barometer than two characters than most people have already (especially as one of the Tomb King on Exhalted Chariot's main abilities is basically obsolete now).

Indeed...  setters was very wanted pre-Ghb2017 though. I ended up selling my TK army so I don't think about it anymore and can focus on new stuff. I really hope they return though. I miss their aesthetic. 

I read somewhere that the majority of warhammer buyers do not play the game though. Perhaps it was marketed towards those?

Edited by Kugane