The Rumour Thread

7 hours ago, Chikout said:

I'm super confused. How did the seventh battletome from now get leaked? We still don't even know any of the rules from the Nighthaunt book. 

I don't think I've ever seen a leak that skips so far ahead in time before. 

The Horus Heresy box revealed this week leaked about a year ago.

We also saw primaris well ahead of when we should have.

27 minutes ago, The World Tree said:

The Horus Heresy box revealed this week leaked about a year ago.

We also saw primaris well ahead of when we should have.

Yeah early rumours are common. Box set leaks are also fairly common, but for someone to have a full battletome early that is not the next one but the seventh book down the line has never happened before. This presumably means that the next six books are also already printed and ready to go.

If we make the logical assumption that the next two or three books are some part of the way through printing, it means the studio is probably working on the last few AoS battletomes. It also probably  means that when they wrote the white dwarf updates for Slaves, they already knew what would be in the new battletome.

Nighthaunt actually fully leaked, I love it. The allegiance abilities are so flavorful and pretty good too, really happy with that. The warscrolls are perhaps a bit more bland to compensate, but that's more than worth it. Spirit Hosts being bodyguards is also really nice for all those squishy support heroes.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, MitGas said:

I think this closer look at the Archaon throwback/CL on daemonic mount wasn't posted... if one gave him the sword of the lord on karkadrak, he'd be very close to the second Archaon mini. I was hoping for a mortal Chosen variant specifically for Tzeentch as all 3 others got them but oh well, the new Chosen will be a decent placeholder indeed. And since they got no capes that would only make Nurgle proud, they'll look fine too. Very thrilled...

image.png.883dd2ed043b8d2c4c9f18b47c9f9af2.png

FINALLY ITS SOLVED!!

2021-02-23.jpg

22 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

FINALLY ITS SOLVED!!

... Is it, though? The shoe is the same, but the coronets (just above the hoof) on the Chaos Steed are much shaggier, and it has leg armour that's missing in the RE. I wouldn't be surprised if the RE was a Chaos horse, I just don't think it's this horse.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I can't tell you how happy I am with the Lord on Daemonic Mount. 

One of my favourite all time models was Archaon. That pose on the horse, it was just perfect. It was like looking at an historical painting of a famous general, It looked intimidating and it gave his presence befitting as THE Chosen One. I still kick myself that I never bought it when I was younger.

But seeing that new Lord is certainly inspired by his old pose, it's bloody perfect I think. 

14 minutes ago, Kadeton said:

... Is it, though? The shoe is the same, but the coronets (just above the hoof) on the Chaos Steed are much shaggier, and it has leg armour that's missing in the RE. I wouldn't be surprised if the RE was a Chaos horse, I just don't think it's this horse.

Damn youre right!!

7 hours ago, Sahrial said:

They did a week of teasers that led up to a single box reveal. A lot of people in my discord chats and on Reddit were pretty livid, myself included. It’s an admittedly small sample size but if it was proportionate with the global community… /assumptions made

I’m a bit confused what you were expecting the reveal to be? To me, the starter box reveal was the best case reveal at the end of a week of teases. I was expecting a model or maybe a warband. A starter set is about the biggest thing they can reveal for Underworlds, no?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Vastus said:

Nighthaunt actually fully leaked, I love it. The allegiance abilities are so flavorful and pretty good too, really happy with that. The warscrolls are perhaps a bit more bland to compensate, but that's more than worth it. Spirit Hosts being bodyguards is also really nice for all those squishy support heroes.

It’s literally everything but the lore! Holy ******, you know the community team at GW is gonna be busy writing articles tomorrow. I really like the new processions, though I’m gonna be vanilla and use the grieving legions for the most part.

3 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

There are even more STD leaks

I dunno if they are allowed to be post here

But the models seem really interesting 

+++MOD HAT ON+++ 

The mods are ok with images of these Chaos leaks so long as they arent rules or images of the BT and thus subject to copyright.

Eternus is a powered-up Varanguard by Belakor, basically his spymaster & legion master & Stormcast eternal

Chaos legionaries are smaller chaos warriors, belong belakor.

Centaurion is basically a centaur, commander of legionaires.

Horns of Hashut is the herald of Hashut, but don’t look like as dwarf

Theridon are basically a squad of ogorid, like bullgors.

Edited by Whitefang
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Whitefang said:

Eternus is a powered-up Varanguard by Belakor, basically his spymaster & legion master & Stormcast eternal

Chaos legionaries are smaller chaos warriors

Centaurion is basically a centaur

Horns of Hashut is the herald of Hashut, but don’t look like as dwarf

Theridon are basically a squad of ogorid, like bullgors.

Nice one Whitefang, appreciated as ever. 

• Like 1

My Facebook group just got the leaks!

Eternus is not the daemon prince, he’s an optional build for the chaos lord. He’s got a big old axe and some nasty abilities.

Ogroid Theridons are a 3 man unit, packing falcions or swords. 

Horns of Hashut have a Sorcerer and a Bull Centaur! Though for the life of me I can’t tell if the sorcerer is a human or a dwarf from the picture. Bull Centaur has a net.

In Eternus’s picture you can also see Chaos Legionnaires, they look like a faster/skinnier version of the new warriors (armored chaos marauders essentially).

Edited by Loyal Son of Khemri
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Eternus is not the daemon prince, he’s an optional build for the chaos lord. He’s got a big old axe and some nasty abilities.

Horns of Hashut have a Sorcerer and a Bull Centaur! Though for the life of me I can’t tell if the sorcerer is a human or a dwarf from the picture.

Oh Sigmar!!!! 

3 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Horns of Hashut have a Sorcerer and a Bull Centaur! Though for the life of me I can’t tell if the sorcerer is a human or a dwarf from the picture.

Can you private me please