The Rumour Thread

Hmm... So what I think people are potentially overlooking is that Order has been long rumoured to also have a 'dark side' coming, that being the Shadow Aelves.

The Dark Aelves have never really been traditional good guys (or really, good guys at all to be honest!). So I think the Shadow Aelves probably fit right in with the Malign Portents. Also is it a potential hint that they state the logo is 'gloomier' which is synonymous with shadow as well.

To be honest, given how long the rumour engine pics have been around for the Shadow Aelves I wouldn't be surprised if they're one of the big releases in the first 3 months of the year. Which makes me wonder if yet again it's going to be a front loaded year for Age of Sigmar (Given we have rumours of Nurgle, Shadow Aelves and at least some form of Death).

Overall bring on 2018!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Arkanaut Admiral said:

I'm always excited for new AoS stuff!  Glad death is getting a look in!  Two questions, what are 'Darkoath' units and what are the Heralds?

The Darkoath seem to basically a tribe of mostly unmutated humans who worship Chaos. Like the Chaos Marauders/Norscans of old Warhammer.

2 hours ago, someone2040 said:

Hmm... So what I think people are potentially overlooking is that Order has been long rumoured to also have a 'dark side' coming, that being the Shadow Aelves.

The Dark Aelves have never really been traditional good guys (or really, good guys at all to be honest!). So I think the Shadow Aelves probably fit right in with the Malign Portents. Also is it a potential hint that they state the logo is 'gloomier' which is synonymous with shadow as well.

To be honest, given how long the rumour engine pics have been around for the Shadow Aelves I wouldn't be surprised if they're one of the big releases in the first 3 months of the year. Which makes me wonder if yet again it's going to be a front loaded year for Age of Sigmar (Given we have rumours of Nurgle, Shadow Aelves and at least some form of Death).

Overall bring on 2018!

Do you believe that those Shadow Elves coud "leave" the Grand Alliance Order to another one? Death? Chaos?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Skarloc said:

Do you believe that those Shadow Elves coud "leave" the Grand Alliance Order to another one? Death? Chaos?

An interesting thought!

Here's a question to ponder on. Have we actually seen any artwork of Order fighting Order? I would guess no, because at the moment they're led to be the 'Unified heroes fighting back'. The reason I ask the question is, we've seen artwork of tentacled beasts and the like attacking Kharadron Overlord ships, and the common thought is that these beasts may be related to the 'Shadow Aelves' or Cthulu .

If they are truly part of a different alliance though, I'd much rather Death than Chaos. While the Cult of Slaanesh is definitely cool and interesting, it's been done before. So I'd like to see perhaps some Aelves (perhaps Malekith even) have made a pact with Nagash to prevent Slaanesh supping on their souls. Of course that being said, we don't really know what's going on with Slaanesh, who knows, maybe more will be revealed in the new year to go along with it.

That being said, I probably wouldn't put any money on the Shadow Aelves being non-Order. It doesn't really make sense when you've got factions like Darkling Covens and Daughters of Khaine running around inside Order (Who would also be prime allies candidates for Shadow Aelves).

Edited by someone2040
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

Okay, so the Warqueen IS the "herald " for chaos, apparently. But not the lord celestant for order.

I wish the Order Herald would be a Kurnoth character: we're lacking a mid-size Sylvaneth hero.. There's a 200pts gap between the Branchwraith/Branchwysh and the next available ones, Drycha or the Tree Lord Ancient..

• Like 2

The Death Hearld looks like pure awesomeness. Seriously a beautiful sculpt.

The Warqueen lacks interest, it's not a very intriguing model. No relevant features except of ******. But we get that enough in literally every niche of our life.

Sad, since I play chaos.

Edit: Wow, they indeed just censored the word 'B*reasts' (No, not T*ts..., br*easts.)

Edited by Spiny Norman

6 hours ago, someone2040 said:

An interesting thought!

Here's a question to ponder on. Have we actually seen any artwork of Order fighting Order? I would guess no, because at the moment they're led to be the 'Unified heroes fighting back'. The reason I ask the question is, we've seen artwork of tentacled beasts and the like attacking Kharadron Overlord ships, and the common thought is that these beasts may be related to the 'Shadow Aelves' or Cthulu .

i can only think of one image that is order vs order and that is in the Sylaneth book. It's Drycha fighting against some skinks, however i dont think that is a single image or stormcast fighting agaisnt order forces.

20 minutes ago, Sennyo said:

i can only think of one image that is order vs order and that is in the Sylaneth book. It's Drycha fighting against some skinks, however i dont think that is a single image or stormcast fighting agaisnt order forces.

Plenty of Lore though. Multiple mentions of the Knights Excelsior "purging" Order factions, is what comes to my mind.

All in all GA infighting has been kept low though. I can not think of any instances of Death vs Death and there no prominent Story or any artwork og Destruction vs. Destruction I can spontanously think of either.

We should also keep in mind that it looks a lot like we will have a High Elves/Dark Elves split in AoS (though most propably eventually renamed and redesigned), there does not seem to be any particular enemity between the two groups so far. All mentions we have of Tyrion and Malerion date back to the Age of Myth and have them working together at least decently. Possible they got back to being enemies in their disappearance during the Age of Chaos, but for all we know, they could be the best of buddies when they reemerge.