The Rumour Thread

Spiderguy

or

Dynamically posed and well proportioned man who looks like multiple other dynamically posed and well proportioned men supposedly from entirely different contexts 

Chaos has gotten a bit less chaotic of late

Edited by Nos
  • Like 3

Models fine but it feels like a low blow to the faction of spider worshipping goblins they're already neglecting. Yes the universe is big enough to have 2 different spider factions I guess but it's like when Kragnos came out for the wrong faction and GW was just like "lol you thought we forgot about beasts of chaos but no we just don't like you, get rekt nerds!"

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, The Red King said:

Models fine but it feels like a low blow to the faction of spider worshipping goblins they're already neglecting. Yes the universe is big enough to have 2 different spider factions I guess but it's like when Kragnos came out for the wrong faction and GW was just like "lol you thought we forgot about beasts of chaos but no we just don't like you, get rekt nerds!"

They are probably be in the Bonesplitterz category of neglect TBH

• Sad 1

Six legs makes these guys insectoid rather than arachnoid.  So are these the Silent People from Beastgrave?
Keywords like revelation and ascention also hint that they may be ready to come up from underground.

The model looks good, but an alternate head without the spidey mask would be nice.  Come to think of it, this really reminds me of Lokhir Fellheart.  Now that is a cool model!

2 hours ago, Ahlambra said:

I keep praying for some sort of Skaven internal Coalition rule that lets you take 1-in-4 units from another clan and keep your main clan's traits, just for the Abomination. I want to run an elite Skryre list full of Stormfiends, Doomwheels and a HPA. Probably lose every game but the whole list is only 15-20 models.

I’m actually hoping that the whole battleline system of the skaven gets a rework in the next battletome.

Something like clanrats and stormvermins can be taken in any clan, and not break the battleline rule for the other specific clans

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Higolx said:

So, I think GW posted the warcry video by accident? Cause I dont see an article or a social media post.

This video referencing the "Eightfold Watcher" made me realize chaos spiders were probably an inevitability, what with Archaon holding the EIGHTpoints (though he's only got 6 limbs). Interesting concept. This "Ascension" referenced might be the replacement for the Katophrane curse? Since BR Teclis negated Underworld's schtick.

14 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

I assume that the rumours that say "zero new models for Gloomspite Gitz" are true...

I'm very sad right now...

You can’t really assume anything until the battletome train actually starts running and obligatory hero models are likely anyway

2 minutes ago, boyadventurer said:

Man, I don't even care about this spider guy, give me reveals for this Chaos terrain!

Blue highlight looks like a trough you'd pour molten metal into, but it doesn't look attached to anything under the other woodwork. heavy guess we're seeing 2 pieces here. The other piece reminds me of a medieval crane. 

Furnace vibes are heating up ;)

image.png.732afc5fd835d8e1559c5b23e17f285c.pngFu

• Thanks 2

A gorgeous model to be sure!! I too was hoping for Spiderfang, if not some Non-Chaos Warbands but that still may hold true. I'm eagerly looking forward to the rest of the Warband reveal at Warhammerfest!!

I'm also very excited to see this new terrain piece and as @Maogrim said, he was quoted by @Whitefang in regards to Chaos Duardin...could they be the adverseraies the article states!?

27 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I’m actually hoping that the whole battleline system of the skaven gets a rework in the next battletome.

Something like clanrats and stormvermins can be taken in any clan, and not break the battleline rule for the other specific clans

I don't know if it would be busted, but I would love for them to just follow how it works with Cities. Your general determines your special battleline (beyond clanrats and stormvermins) and then just pick the clan as a subfaction. So Skryre generals gives Stormfiends/Acolytes, Esshin Gutter Runners, etc. I guess the main problem with this approach is that it's probably not thematically accurate.

9 minutes ago, novakai said:

You can’t really assume anything until the battletome train actually starts running and obligatory hero models are likely anyway

If we could get a plastic Scuttleboss as the obligatory hero it would be worth it. He's the only GSG model that I feel is atrociously bad. The rest of the range is either new or aged pretty well.

17 minutes ago, Ahlambra said:

I don't know if it would be busted, but I would love for them to just follow how it works with Cities. Your general determines your special battleline (beyond clanrats and stormvermins) and then just pick the clan as a subfaction. So Skryre generals gives Stormfiends/Acolytes, Esshin Gutter Runners, etc. I guess the main problem with this approach is that it's probably not thematically accurate.

Depending on the clan Scheming Skaven being able to ally or coalition with Tzeentch would make sense to me.

19 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Depending on the clan Scheming Skaven being able to ally or coalition with Tzeentch would make sense to me.

Actually, I do like the fact that skaven are basically almost unable to to ally with other faction.

it kinda fits the thematic.

Yet not being able to take stormvermins and clanrats in a specific clan as battle line, doesn’t quit make sense 

• Like 2