The Rumour Thread

26 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

So Stormdrakes are still not on preorder but they were in the recent AOS batrep on WH+ ??? I don't understand. Did anyone notice anything off about the Drake models, if you have WH+?

Yeah, if it is a minor production error release them at a discount, as it is likely the only way I can afford Smugly the Dragon 😢🐲

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Haha 1

On the topic of the Christmas Battleforces, here are my guesses:

Order

We're due for a Stormcast battleforce (they've not missed an odd numbered year so far).

I think Order will probably get a second battleforce too (they've gotten the most 'double slots' in history, and I could see either Chaos or Destruction missing out). 

The only factions that have never received a force are CoS, Fyreslayers and Lumineth, and I think Lumineth are the likely candidate. New, but the first half is just about old enough, and hugely popular (seemingly, anecdotal for sure).

Chaos

No solid guesses, but maybe Nurgle? Hedonites are probably a bit too new, Beasts are maybe too old, and everyone else has gotten one semi recently (last 3 years) except Khorne. Maybe Khrone. Maybe nothing?

Death

I would expect either FEC or Ossiarchs, 50/50. Nighthaunt have gotten two boxes prior, including one last year, and Soulblight are just too new. FEC would make sense because they haven't ever received one, and are somewhat overlooked, but well liked as far as I can tell from the zeitgeist, meaning a battleforce could clear out some slow moving stock. Ossiarchs are just as plausible, as quite a new faction (but still old enough to get bundled) with a solid range.

Destruction

Either missing out, or Orruks. Given that they got 2 slots last year, I don't expect a repeat of Gitz or Ogors, and Behemat just don't really fit the battleforce box format. An Orruk box would supply some more 3rd edition codex units in mass, but I'm leaning toward Destruction missing out on a slot at all.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, WarLadle said:

Order

We're due for a Stormcast battleforce (they've not missed an odd numbered year so far).

I think Order will probably get a second battleforce too (they've gotten the most 'double slots' in history, and I could see either Chaos or Destruction missing out). 

The only factions that have never received a force are CoS, Fyreslayers and Lumineth, and I think Lumineth are the likely candidate. New, but the first half is just about old enough, and hugely popular (seemingly, anecdotal for sure).

Chaos

No solid guesses, but maybe Nurgle? Hedonites are probably a bit too new, Beasts are maybe too old, and everyone else has gotten one semi recently (last 3 years) except Khorne. Maybe Khrone. Maybe nothing?

Death

I would expect either FEC or Ossiarchs, 50/50. Nighthaunt have gotten two boxes prior, including one last year, and Soulblight are just too new. FEC would make sense because they haven't ever received one, and are somewhat overlooked, but well liked as far as I can tell from the zeitgeist, meaning a battleforce could clear out some slow moving stock. Ossiarchs are just as plausible, as quite a new faction (but still old enough to get bundled) with a solid range.

Destruction

Either missing out, or Orruks. Given that they got 2 slots last year, I don't expect a repeat of Gitz or Ogors, and Behemat just don't really fit the battleforce box format. An Orruk box would supply some more 3rd edition codex units in mass, but I'm leaning toward Destruction missing out on a slot at all.

My guess for order is SCE, probably some of the new bad battleline units and chariot etc. They might tease the dawnbringer crusades to bring up some hype and sell a cities box.

Hedonites box could be likely and probably Bonereapers would make sense. Those would be my top 4 guesses at least.

I sense a negative vibe around Harrowdeep from the community. Can anyone tell me why? I guess the price is a bit high but is there anything else wrong with it? I'm still looking forward to buying it as my entry into underworlds. I plan to use it with a few warbands i already own and treat it as a boardgame. 

1 hour ago, Iksdee said:

I sense a negative vibe around Harrowdeep from the community. Can anyone tell me why? I guess the price is a bit high but is there anything else wrong with it? I'm still looking forward to buying it as my entry into underworlds. I plan to use it with a few warbands i already own and treat it as a boardgame. 

Just by what I heard:

• The price
  • Different cards backs than before which means you have to use opaque sleeves or not use them together with cards from older seasons
  • Different release schedule and GW hasn't said yet how that will affect rotation, as far as we know rotation could go down to one year instead of two with two half year seasons instead of two one year seasons which would mean after only one year your cards aren't legal for official play anymore
  • Changes to rules with mixed reactions (Do-over change, gloom hexes instead of lethal hexes on objectives)

Also independently from Harrowdeep, there are many who couldn't really play in the last year so for those who bought stuff during Beastgrave their stuff is gone from rotation before they could really use it which also leaves a bad impression. 

Also just many local communities who stopped playing during the last year and Harrowdeep isn't enough to bring them back now

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Just by what I heard:

• The price
  • Different cards backs than before which means you have to use opaque sleeves or not use them together with cards from older seasons
  • Different release schedule and GW hasn't said yet how that will affect rotation, as far as we know rotation could go down to one year instead of two with two half year seasons instead of two one year seasons which would mean after only one year your cards aren't legal for official play anymore
  • Changes to rules with mixed reactions (Do-over change, gloom hexes instead of lethal hexes on objectives)

Also independently from Harrowdeep, there are many who couldn't really play in the last year so for those who bought stuff during Beastgrave their stuff is gone from rotation before they could really use it which also leaves a bad impression. 

Also just many local communities who stopped playing during the last year and Harrowdeep isn't enough to bring them back now

Thanks!

Do u also know whats better in Harrowdeep compared to others? I try to keep an open mind.

28 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Just by what I heard:

• The price

So pay more, use shorter. That's going to make the game more popular, surely.

I think my teams all aged the better part of a year before I painted them.

4 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

My guess for order is SCE, probably some of the new bad battleline units and chariot etc. They might tease the dawnbringer crusades to bring up some hype and sell a cities box.

Hedonites box could be likely and probably Bonereapers would make sense. Those would be my top 4 guesses at least.

The new Stormcast Stuff will be more likely in a 2022 Box. It's unlikly that GW will damage profit by giving the new stuff in a cheaper box during the first halve year (if it is Stormcast, it would be Sacrosanct Stuff or older). The Factions that would get a Christmasbox would have early 2021 at best as releasedate, more likely 2020. Cities of Sigmar could be more likely because all the kits are quite old.

Edited by EMMachine

2 hours ago, Iksdee said:

I think the fundamental issues boil down to a sense that they're not changing the things that need changing and messing around with stuff that worked fine. There's a sense that GW have bigger ambitions for it now and those are overriding what players have enjoyed about it up to this point. 

I want to say that I don't think GW is dumb enough to reduce 'cycles' down to one year, but on the other hand this is Games Workshop we're talking about. I could absolutely see them try to squeeze as tight as possible and then act surprised when it explodes negatively on them and promptly toss Underworlds in the bin.

What I hope actually happens is that every six months we see a new Starter Set like we did in Direchasm as a cheaper alternative to the FreudianSeasonName box and you still get at least two years of play from it like normal.

Right now I could see it going either way. 

• Like 3

They had one in 2019, but perhaps another Skaven box, this time focusing on Skryre? Basically a fleshed out Feast of Bones with some Stormvermin and Doom Flayers or something.

I also wouldn't mind a CoS box, though I wonder what direction you go with it. Would you make it a proper soup of Freeguild/DE/Ironweld units, or do you focus on a specific city or race?

7 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

You know, rats are better-best then dragonic beings.

why not join the skaven, we do come cheaper😜

I am pretty open minded about what constitutes as a dragon:
99120206012_HellPitAbominationNEW01_940x
Actually I have been looking for a good soulgrinder proxy and for some reason I have not considered a Hell Pit Abomination? Although maybe Boneripper would work better and I can have Thanquol as a separate mage?

5 hours ago, WarLadle said:

Death

I hope it is Soulblight or OBR.
I need to save some cash and I would be extremely tempted to pick up a Nighthaunt or FEC set. Actually OBR would be pretty tempting depending what was in it, I should go to Warhammer rehab... only GW will likely sponsor it and it will be more expensive than traditional rehab. 

Edited by Neverchosen

29 minutes ago, Sigmarusvult said:

Sounds like the next chaos bt is still going to be released before next year.

ChaosINC.JPG

I fully expect this to be unveiled for a November release at the end of the month at Warhammerfest. I believe we will have the Chaos Tome and any new minis for that Faction Previewed alongside the upcoming Underworlds warbands.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I fully expect this to be unveiled for a November release at the end of the month at Warhammerfest. I believe we will have the Chaos Tome and any new minis for that Faction Previewed alongside the upcoming Underworlds warbands.

In recent history GW has not revealed more than 1 Underworlds warband at at time. I'd temper expectations a bit.

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

I am pretty open minded about what constitutes as a dragon:
99120206012_HellPitAbominationNEW01_940x

I keep praying for some sort of Skaven internal Coalition rule that lets you take 1-in-4 units from another clan and keep your main clan's traits, just for the Abomination. I want to run an elite Skryre list full of Stormfiends, Doomwheels and a HPA. Probably lose every game but the whole list is only 15-20 models.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, WarLadle said:

Order

Chaos

Death

Destruction

What would make sense:

+ Order: Lumineth

+ Death: Ossiarch

+ Chaos: Hedonites

+ Destruction: Sons of Behemat (Either a Renegade Knight's style double box, or a single Big Gargant with a pair of the Mancrushers.

What I think we'll get:

+ Order: Fireslayers: Basically the one of every unit style similar to the DoK set from last year.

+ Chaos: Nugle: but mostly daemons with one of the Maggoth lords as the centerpiece, GUO if we're luck a la the Tzeentch box last year.

+ Death: FEC, lots of rumor engines point this way, why not prime the pump for a new release.

+ Destruction: Beastclaws – the SC *3

So these will be the preorders for the upcoming weekend.

Do we have any information on the prices for these? Apologies for the caps lock bellow, it is a copy paste from a LFGS group post.

- S/E: LORD-COMMANDER BASTIAN CARTHALOS
- STORMCAST ETERNALS: KNIGHT-RELICTOR
- STORMCAST ETERNALS: VANQUISHERS
- STORMCAST ETERNALS: VIGILORS
- STORMCAST ETERNALS ANNIHILATORS
- STORMCAST ETERNALS: VINDICTORS
- STORMCAST ETERNALS: PRAETORS
- ORRUK WARCLANS MAN-SKEWER BOLTBOYZ
- ORRUK WARCLANS: HOBGROT SLITTAS
- ANASTA MALKORIAN VAMPIRE LORD
- M-E SBG: DARK POWERS OF DOL GULDUR DICE
- M-E SBG: ANGMAR DICE SET
- M-E SBG:FALL OF THE NECROMANCER (HB) ENG
- MIDDLE-EARTH SBG: RUINS OF DOL GULDUR
- M-E SBG: THE WITCH-KING OF ANGMAR
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ahlambra said:

They had one in 2019, but perhaps another Skaven box, this time focusing on Skryre? Basically a fleshed out Feast of Bones with some Stormvermin and Doom Flayers or something.

I also wouldn't mind a CoS box, though I wonder what direction you go with it. Would you make it a proper soup of Freeguild/DE/Ironweld units, or do you focus on a specific city or race?

IMO living city is the way to go. Throw in 2 boxes of wild riders, 2-3 boxes of eternal guard maybe a box of sisters of the watch and a Treelord as the centerpiece with a nomad prince as the hero. Not sure if the cost is right but that would give you a nice variety of units and a centerpiece.

Alternatively maybe a demigryph + griffon box could work

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

IMO living city is the way to go. Throw in 2 boxes of wild riders, 2-3 boxes of eternal guard maybe a box of sisters of the watch and a Treelord as the centerpiece with a nomad prince as the hero. Not sure if the cost is right but that would give you a nice variety of units and a centerpiece.

Alternatively maybe a demigryph + griffon box could work

I could see that, especially since Dark Elves and Dwarfs are already represented in the SC boxes.