The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Here's the rumour I am talking about:

Given that list, I would say maybe the human warband? Sigmarite priests or dawnbringer crusaders, maybe.

Dawnbringers would make sense with the Human Rumour.

2 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Thunderscorn maybe?

That would be a sight to behold!!

59 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Praise that prophet who saw fit to bless us with those warband rumours. Cannot bloody wait for pirates. 

Since lightning is tied to Sigmar, I imagine its a human/Dawnbringer warband. 

Mate I am so beyond excited for Pirate Ogors!!

31 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

I smell Pirrrates, YIAAARRH! 

YAAARGH!! LONG JOHN GLUTTON TO THE DECK!!

My only concern with Underworlds and the Rumoured Ogor Pirates is a silly one. I hope that we get all Ogors and now this Parrot. I hope it's not another Hrothgorn situation with a single Ogor and Gnoblars and Frost Saber. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, dnusha said:

I think the reason is simple: GW needs money due to supply chain crisis in the world and brexit consequences, recent FAQ for Underworlds fixed pretty much everything, why not make a new book where everything is fixed and sell it? Ta-da ! lemme introduce New Edition!

This is the other side of the sword to capitalism.

If you're making money hand over fist, you shouldn't *need money* in a crisis. You already have it, you spent it 9n something that was less secure than just keeping it? Then you ****** up

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, edmc78 said:

Presumably this second core set is to replace the one that came out earlier this year with castigators vs nighaunt? May well be at a cheaper price as well. 

I thought that might be the case, but the further explanation for the roadmap that I quoted makes it sound like a complete core set & not an intro set.

So it seems our mysterious rumour giver was correct, blessed be the day! (Although that also means he was correct in no Underworld chorfs 😭) Is this what young'uns call 'poggers'?

What isn't poggers however is a new coreset half a year after Harrowdeep. Well, I mean, if you are into it do not let me rain on your parade, I just know I won't buy Harrowdeep knowing it'll be replaced that soon - with the glacial pace I paint my miniatures I'd not even get a single game before it would get outdated, heh.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Aleser said:

From harrowdeep rulebook, it could just be some fancy artwork 

IMG-20211014-WA0061.jpeg

You can see more of the book here (might even be from this video) 

1 minute ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

What isn't poggers however is a new coreset half a year after Harrowdeep. Well, I mean, if you are into it do not let me rain on your parade, I just know I won't buy Harrowdeep knowing it'll be replaced that soon - with the glacial pace I paint my miniatures I'd not even get a single game before it would get outdated, heh.

I don't think the 2nd core set is supposed to replace Harrowdeep entirely, but I wouldn't be surprised if this news slows Harrowdeep sales while players wait to see wtf that 2nd set is supposed to do.

• Like 1

zombies
pirate themed warband 🍌
aelf warband (we know who is in ulgu)
they are the best yes yes
human band
no chorfs :(

Since this seems to have some validity to it, "They are the best yes yes" seems to indicate Skaven. Whitefang was hinting at new Clan Eshin models. Isn't the chief stronghold for Clan Eshin in Ulgu? Perhaps an Eshin themed warband?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, FFJump said:

Since this seems to have some validity to it, "They are the best yes yes" seems to indicate Skaven. Whitefang was hinting at new Clan Eshin models. Isn't the chief stronghold for Clan Eshin in Ulgu? Perhaps an Eshin themed warband?

Ulgu seems to be the domain of many shadowy mother truckers, so it makes sense that Eshin would set up there. 

I suposse that they are imitating the kill team roadmap with more frequent big boxes (people love core and vs boxed sets right?)Let’s hope that these core boxes are not limited edition at the very least… 

I don’t know, this new system of releases somewhat pisses me off a bit… is true that these products tend to sell better, but you cannot expect people to be continously buying them… 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Raviv said:

The problem with the warband rumor is that it implies 5 warbands, while the timeline published today only shows 4 after the starter set 

I think for now the safe assumption should be Harrowdeep is followed by the 2 separate warbands listed on the timeline, then the next box is followed by 2 more, meaning 1 is missing from the rumour. After the roadmap itself the article says:

"This is all in addition to two further warband releases per season, each with a ready-made Rivals deck, as well as more universal and grand alliance cards to open up even more deck-building opportunities in Championship format."

Which to me implies that those two are in addition to the 6 listed on the roadmap

• Like 1

Well they do seem to like their boxed sets - seems similar to how they are doing KillTeam- gives more playing content I guess 🤷‍♂️.

Pirate ogor on the way by the looks of it. Sad those rumours excluded any dwarfs but you can't have everything. Eshin assassins would be cool an I'm guessing Order of Sigmar/Witchhunters as one [maybe the one after pirates]. 

2 hours ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

So it seems our mysterious rumour giver was correct, blessed be the day! (Although that also means he was correct in no Underworld chorfs 😭) Is this what young'uns call 'poggers'?

This is why you need to go with a reputable seller. Sure you'll save money some places but real quality leather is worth it's.... oh Core Set.... nevermind.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, The Red King said:

This is why you need to go with a reputable seller. Sure you'll save money some places but real quality leather is worth it's.... oh Core Set.... nevermind.

To be fair, I WOULD buy a Warhammer Underworlds-themed corset and endure the subsequent ridicule by my peers. Clearly there is a gap in the fantasy strategic miniature skirmish cardgame-related accessories!

• Like 1