The Rumour Thread

49 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Yeah this is true, but that 2k list probably cost about the same as any 2k list for Idoneth money wise. 

That doesnt change the point tho. Even if other lists were cheaper it wouldnt matter if those other lists were not as competitive as eel spam. The idea is that people would just buy all the eels they needed and never buy anything else in the IDK section, thus making IDK a less profitable army (allegedly).

I dont know a lot about idoneth so I cant say much about warscrolls balance and such but I hope IDK get some love soon.

22 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Happy 3000 pages, rumour thread! 🥳

Look how much you have grown, little thread. I still remember when you were just 2000 pages long. 😢

Woooo, happy 3k! As someone who just discovered TGA and the rumor thread around 2.8k pages and that just recently started posting, I can easily say one of the nicest places to be on the internet. I hope Im here for another 3k pages

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Higolx said:

That doesnt change the point tho. Even if other lists were cheaper it wouldnt matter if those other lists were not as competitive as eel spam. The idea is that people would just buy all the eels they needed and never buy anything else in the IDK section, thus making IDK a less profitable army (allegedly).

I dont know a lot about idoneth so I cant say much about warscrolls balance and such but I hope IDK get some love soon.

They did get buff to turtle and sharks later on to the point that they became compelling options compare to eels, only model that may not sell is Namarti and I don’t seemany people put up 30+ in a game

2 minutes ago, novakai said:

They did get buff to turtle and sharks later on to the point that they became compelling options compare to eels, only model that may not sell is Namarti and I don’t seemany people put up 30+ in a game

True but wasnt the buff somewhat recent? That would means that for a while people would still not buy new IDK minis besides eels and just now would start buying stuff.

This could mean that the leak was somewhat old considering some people were also pointing out Genestealers are also not the least profitable army in 40k.

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/who-is-zhao-ming-cathay-warhammer-3/

More Cathay lore drips coming our way! It looks like Zhao Ming is the cathayan equivalent of a runesmith: He loves working with metal and magic. However, most of his family believe he's being corrupted from exposure to either Warpstone, foreign magic, or the bloody Great Maw itself! That last one sticks out to me, as we've never really seen the Ogre's god affecting anyone but the ogre kingdoms. Also, more mentions of Hobgoblins causing mayhem, which leads me to point out Chaos Dwarfs incoming.

• LOVE IT! 1

I'm mainly just a lurker but as it's the 3k page I thought it appropriate to say thanks to everyone that contributes to this thread, I got back into the hobby during lockdown and this place has complemented my journey massively.

I also wanted to use this chance to ask if there are any Skaven rumours? I've recently got into painting clan rats and picked up the pestilens SC box - would love new sculpts or something to get hype about!

Thanks

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, Higolx said:

True but wasnt the buff somewhat recent? That would means that for a while people would still not buy new IDK minis besides eels and just now would start buying stuff.

This could mean that the leak was somewhat old considering some people were also pointing out Genestealers are also not the least profitable army in 40k.

I mean I don’t think the past rules was what stop people from buying the models, they bought the turtle/ Eldeon/ shark model to paint because it was cool. Some guy at one tournament bought like a max shark army because he thought Sharks were cool. Yes eel may have been the best selling units but it doesn’t mean sales where low on the other units because people buy models for other reasons as well. Competitive buying is often times only a small subsect of the customer base buying stuff

then again if anything that didn’t particularly  did well in IDK I would hazard a guess it be Namartis

Edited by novakai

3 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

I actually read the Harrowdeep article before seeing the rumor, so the ship made me immediately think of Umbraneth. But looks like that symbol is pretty firmly in the Nighthaunt line :"( 

Well I guess I am a Night Haunt player. It is funny because I have been talking about making a nautical Nighthaunt army in another thread hovering above frozen waters... but I also feel like I cannot afford or justify another army!

1 hour ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

More Cathay lore drips coming our way! It looks like Zhao Ming is the cathayan equivalent of a runesmith: He loves working with metal and magic. However, most of his family believe he's being corrupted from exposure to either Warpstone, foreign magic, or the bloody Great Maw itself! That last one sticks out to me, as we've never really seen the Ogre's god affecting anyone but the ogre kingdoms. Also, more mentions of Hobgoblins causing mayhem, which leads me to point out Chaos Dwarfs incoming.

Off-topic:
It's less the great maw "as a god" and the thing that she's made of warpstone iirc...
Groth, first propeth of the great maw, journeyed with his tribe where she fell and the tribe became deformed living there thanks to the ruin brought by winds full of warpstone.
Still the G. Maw itself has some form of power over the Ogres (maybe empowered by their faith like every god in wrhammer universe).

2 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Happy 3000 pages, rumour thread! 🥳

Look how much you have grown, little thread. I still remember when you were just 2000 pages long. 😢

2 hours ago, Higolx said:

Woooo, happy 3k! As someone who just discovered TGA and the rumor thread around 2.8k pages and that just recently started posting, I can easily say one of the nicest places to be on the internet. I hope Im here for another 3k pages

56 minutes ago, Irvy said:

I'm mainly just a lurker but as it's the 3k page I thought it appropriate to say thanks to everyone that contributes to this thread, I got back into the hobby during lockdown and this place has complemented my journey massively.

I also wanted to use this chance to ask if there are any Skaven rumours? I've recently got into painting clan rats and picked up the pestilens SC box - would love new sculpts or something to get hype about!

Thanks

This is a wonderful community and has really helped me delve into the hobby with a supportive group of fantastic people. I am shy and anxious person in real life but this forum has been a wonderful lifeline to other people (especially in the past year and half). Outside of a small group of dedicated friends discussing and sharing this hobby in person is next to impossible. 

So thanks TGA community, you rock! May the next 1000 pages be blessed by Hashut to be full of rumours for Chorfs, Umbraneth, Vampirates, Bretonnians and Tomb Kings! And may the MODS have patience as we weave on and off topic for the vast majority of those pages!

2 hours ago, Whitefang said:

Something like a 2nd edition of Warcry.

On the 3000th page we get an actual juicy rumour! Thanks Whitefang! 🐺

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, novakai said:

I mean I don’t think the past rules was what stop people from buying the models, they bought the turtle/ Eldeon/ shark model to paint because it was cool. Some guy at one tournament bought like a max shark army because he thought Sharks were cool. Yes eel may have been the best selling units but it doesn’t mean sales where low on the other units because people buy models for other reasons as well. Competitive buying is often times only a small subsect of the customer base buying stuff

then again if anything that didn’t particularly  did well in IDK I would hazard a guess it be Namartis

Maybe. I guess we dont even know if IDK are actually the least profitable army in AoS anyway. For all we know that 4chan thing can be wrong and actually a totally different army can be the least profitable. I can see some armies being that tbh: Skaven (old kits and lots of metal minis), BoC (old kits), Sylvaneth (small range and were considered for a while THE worst army). Frankly, you could say that a lot of armies with old kits are the least profitable in AoS and I would find it strange.

And yeah, namarti seem to be the least popular minis in the IDK range. A shame really, I quite like their looks.

1 hour ago, HollowHills said:

If they do it like Kill Team and use it as a way to stealth release new units for AoS armies that would be hype.

Otherwise I'm not super bothered! Never seen anyone playing it locally.

I'm hoping that its model release is just like Kill Team as well. A new unit for most Factions would be incredible. Great way to boost numbers if they released, dare I say, updated Saurus Warriors. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

More Cathay lore drips coming our way! It looks like Zhao Ming is the cathayan equivalent of a runesmith: He loves working with metal and magic.

Closet chaos dwarf right there.

bet he is one with stilts and a big coat.  Look at him… he’s even got a beard.

yup chaos dwarf.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, novakai said:

Actually every Drukhari player in 40k uses Namarti Thralls for Mandrakes now; that's where sales of that kit come from. 😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

Closet chaos dwarf right there.

bet he is one with stilts and a big coat.  Look at him… he’s even got a beard.

yup chaos dwarf.

Five kits of any choice says that his campaign will reveal that he’s been making deals with them in order to learn their secrets of the forge. 

4 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Imo IDK are the army with the most (and coolest) chances of army expansions. GW just needs to use those.

You’re not wrong man, the ocean is a scary place, especially once you enter the midnight zone and downwards. I recently found out that there’s a parasite that eats the tongues of fish and replaces them, now imagine that as a model. 

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1