The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Maogrim said:

But you know who could also have horns and hooves due to the unholy blessings of a certain deity often depicted as bull-like? And who would cetainly need oils to keep that awesome black curly beard in shape? 

Yup. Chaos Duardin confirmed once again. And now I finally feel like a part of the community. 

Thats my boy

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

I know we think Whitefang is hinting an Idoneth vs Fyreslayers battlebox, but could it really be Chorfs vs Idoneth?

Check this out from White Dwarf. A chorf fort in the middle of the sea.

20210925_151956.jpg

I don't really believe GW would be emphasizing Fyreslayers if they get smushed together with other dwarves later.

Don't forget that Furnace Kings/Dawi Zharr are also quite fire themed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HollowHills said:

I know we think Whitefang is hinting an Idoneth vs Fyreslayers battlebox, but could it really be Chorfs vs Idoneth?

20210925_151956.jpg

I can see it now....

A battlebox between a new Chorf army box and new Idoneth, complete with new aquatic beasties and Akhelian Warriors. 

Aw man I hope this is true that would be deliciously scrumptious. 

2 hours ago, HollowHills said:

20210925_151956.jpg

Some say that Hashut isn't a 'real Chaos deity'.

But if he isn't - then how do we Chorf players keep WINNING?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HollowHills said:

20210925_151956.jpg

First off, which issue if this from?

2 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

I don't really believe GW would be emphasizing Fyreslayers if they get smushed together with other dwarves later.

Don't forget that Furnace Kings/Dawi Zharr are also quite fire themed.

I’m really hoping they go the Funrace Kings route instead of the crappy 4chan “Oathtakers.” One sounds like the IRS, the other sounds like canon Daemonic Steam Engines.

16 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

The same people who say that probably believe Magnus did nothing wrong in 40K, when we all know that’s a lie.

• Haha 1

• Subscriber

Zharr Vyxa is also mentioned in the SoB army book (pg19). It's described as a "fire-belching, metal-limbed fortress rig" where "the Chaos Duardin have gargants of their own, enscorcelled and clad in blackiron plate"

How good would it be to see a new plastic Chaos Siege Gargant:

juhiezeysguy.png

Edited by SunStorm
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

First off, which issue if this from?

It's in the current issue which I picked up for the StD content and for the free transfers, which although I don't play 40k, have lots of runes that will come in handy one day for AoS.

There is a feature on places in the realm of death with 4 major locations highlighted, one of them being this chorf place in the middle of the sea.

I've heard rumours, no idea if true but I hope not, that Idoneth are a poorly selling army. It would maybe make sense to put an army that doesn't sell as well in a battlebox with a new faction. A bit like the old ogre kits that came with the all new OBR stuff in feast of bones.

It's a bit of a long shot but fun to speculate.

49 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Scampering about on the web (this one is for puns) and looking back to some of the old Gloomspite concept art, lots of unused spider concepts there.

C87BFB5A-9EF6-4411-A804-BEFC651D6C04.jpeg

That Troggoth is amazing, the Sloggoth looks like it may have had its roots in this beast.

Duo Spider Riders would be incredible.

58 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

It's in the current issue which I picked up for the StD content and for the free transfers, which although I don't play 40k, have lots of runes that will come in handy one day for AoS.

There is a feature on places in the realm of death with 4 major locations highlighted, one of them being this chorf place in the middle of the sea.

I've heard rumours, no idea if true but I hope not, that Idoneth are a poorly selling army. It would maybe make sense to put an army that doesn't sell as well in a battlebox with a new faction. A bit like the old ogre kits that came with the all new OBR stuff in feast of bones.

It's a bit of a long shot but fun to speculate.

I hope they arent selling poorly. It would be the opposite issue 40K has where Marines do best because Marines are always releasing new models. A new wave of Idoneth would definitely boost those numbers.

I know they are probably my favourite Order Faction, visually at least and more of them could convince me to buy my first Order Faction.

2 hours ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

How could people say that Hashut,Father of darkness, isn't a true chaos god?Preposterous!
TBH i could see more a Chorf vs Idoneth than Fyre vs Idoneth as "same GA conflict boxes" are not a thing for now.
Unless the fire is Khorne perhaps?I could see something like that,he needs perhaps just Khorngors and a new hero,while Idoneth needs more things.
About Idoneth as poor selling army: idk considering the aos native armies i heard they sell pretty well considering some old rumors, imho is the problem of not having got anything from their introduction that keeps "down under the sea" their "appeal" (as Fyreslyers,Bonesplitterz etc.etc.).
Still those boxes never get new things for the old armies (only some heros) so i'd prefer them not getting that box but a full fledged wave.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 1

Not sure about the chances that the next box would be a feast of bones type. Most of the time those vs. Battle box are of existing armies where they just get one new hero model and I don’t think we are going to see new army for sometimes definitely not until way after the next AoS battle box comes out which they try to release this year I bet. 

and Fyreslayer had never gotten a value box at all during their whole existence so I wouldn’t be surprise if they actual got one after all these years.  I would be surprise that it be Order vs Order but I think the gimmick of fire vs water with IDK seem to thematically strong for GW to pass up on.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

How could people say that Hashut,Father of darkness, isn't a true chaos god?Preposterous!
TBH i could see more a Chorf vs Idoneth than Fyre vs Idoneth as "same GA conflict boxes" are not a thing for now.
Unless the fire is Khorne perhaps?I could see something like that,he needs perhaps just Khorngors and a new hero,while Idoneth needs more things.
About Idoneth as poor selling army: idk considering the aos native armies i heard they sell pretty well considering some old rumors, imho is the problem of not having got anything from their introduction that keeps "down under the sea" their "appeal" (as Fyreslyers,Bonesplitterz etc.etc.).
Still those boxes never get new things for the old armies (only some heros) so i'd prefer them not getting that box but a full fledged wave.

Someone posted the Wraith and Rapture box which was Slaaneshi and Khorne daemons, of course that box was slightly unusual since it was marketed for both system

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

I hope they arent selling poorly. It would be the opposite issue 40K has where Marines do best because Marines are always releasing new models. A new wave of Idoneth would definitely boost those numbers.

Honestly, I don't know if this was just a troll meme or if it's true.

When Idoneth came out there was a lot of backlash from online trolls and WHFB players. People were unhappy with the whole "flying shark" meme.

After this alleged "leakers" on 4chan claimed they had sold poorly.

This could be untrue because Idoneth have generally had good representation at events, largely due to being a top tier army for most of their history and seem to be middle of the pack for popularity on general polls.

We also know that GW profits were very good in 2018 and that the strategy of releasing new armies has continued from them on.

It could be true because anecdotally I'm the only Idoneth player in my local scene and I don't see a ton of interest in them online. 

GW also didn't provide them with a 2nd edition book or model release, so maybe they are lower priority.

Personally I would like to see all smaller Aos factions get new units to bring up their overall roster and diversity a bit. Basically Lumineth wave 2 for everyone.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Honestly, I don't know if this was just a troll meme or if it's true.

When Idoneth came out there was a lot of backlash from online trolls and WHFB players. People were unhappy with the whole "flying shark" meme.

After this alleged "leakers" on 4chan claimed they had sold poorly.

This could be untrue because Idoneth have generally had good representation at events, largely due to being a top tier army for most of their history and seem to be middle of the pack for popularity on general polls.

We also know that GW profits were very good in 2018 and that the strategy of releasing new armies has continued from them on.

It could be true because anecdotally I'm the only Idoneth player in my local scene and I don't see a ton of interest in them online. 

GW also didn't provide them with a 2nd edition book or model release, so maybe they are lower priority.

Personally I would like to see all smaller Aos factions get new units to bring up their overall roster and diversity a bit. Basically Lumineth wave 2 for everyone.

Not sure what i dislike more : a small faction that IS fine and doing well since start of AoS v2 and during AoS v3 but never gets updates, or older factions with lots of warscroll but nothing straightforward and where people have to tweak everyhting in order to have something playable