The Rumour Thread

White Dwarf Leak:  (third hand rumor for me)

No significant change to StD allegiance abilities.  (Blah)

Cultists and Warqueen and Chieftain and Ogroid can take Marks

Two StD Core Battalions?

A few StD specific Grand Strategies and Battle Tactics

Underwhelming....

Edited by annarborhawk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

image.jpeg.85d6e2a562fde2371f30faab9dd9531f.jpeg

now why can’t we get dragons like this in AOS? Think of the conversions…..

also, those war balloons and terracotta giants were the best part of the whole thing for me. I mean, come on, warballoons and a not-hierotitan to play with? God I hope at least half of this stuff is made into plastic/resin in TOW.

Edited by Loyal Son of Khemri
  • Like 2

Just now, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

also, those war balloons and terracotta giants were the best part of the whole thing for me. I mean, come on, warballoons and a not-hierotitan to play with? God I hope at least half of this stuff issue into plastic/resin in TOW.

Yeah it looks like TOW will be amazing! Especially if they apply this design approach to the older armies and factions.. 

8 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

also, those war balloons and terracotta giants were the best part of the whole thing for me. I mean, come on, warballoons and a not-hierotitan to play with? God I hope at least half of this stuff issue into plastic/resin in TOW.

Stuff like this really makes me realize how deficient the Mortal Realms are when it comes to depicting a diversity of human cultures. I mean, I love the Landsknecht aesthetic of the Freeguild and the tall hats of the Order of Azyr, but still.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Stuff like this really makes me realize how deficient the Mortal Realms are when it comes to depicting a diversity of human cultures. I mean, I love the Landsknecht aesthetic of the Freeguild and the tall hats of the Order of Azyr, but still.

Model-wise*

In the novels you can see anything from a oriental city on a mountain top in Chamon that makes tapestries out of jade, pearls and precious metals to trade with the Kharadron  and worships a daemon that turned to peace, nomadic Chamonites from silver desert tribes in flowing metal garbs that harden on impact and raise metal-eating giant lizards for mounts, Ghur kingdoms like Jercho with their hoplites in leather armor and using monster bone weapons, shyish cities with humans clad in bone armor riding zombie dragons, Settlers Gain humans living with Lumineth to learn how to float up to the higher cities and making solar-powered automatons and just a ton more examples from Soulbound like how they expanded on the floating airship trade city of Bataar in the Realm of Fire:

bataar.jpg

And that's just off the top of my head. Lexicanum's trying to track of all the free cities too which keeps getting heftier.

https://ageofsigmar.lexicanum.com/wiki/Cities_of_Sigmar

41 minutes ago, annarborhawk said:

Two StD Core Battalions?

Underwhelming....

Did they say if the Core Battalions were significant changes or just rearranged ones like with Stormcasts and Orruks?

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 7

Okay, here’s what I’ve managed to piece together from the video and posts from CA and GW.

Grand Cathay Unit Roster

Legendary Lords

Miao Ying = Sigmar’s waifu 

Zhao Ming = Iron Dragon (Chamon Wizard supreme?)

heroes

Alchemists

Astromancer

units

spearmen

crossbowmen

furework rifles

warmachines

war balloons

Rocket Cannon being pulled by bulls (Insert *Chaos Dwarfs confirmed meme here*)

Monsters

Terracotta Big Boi

Am I missing anything?

3 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Miao Ying = Sigmar’s waifu 

Zhao Ming = Iron Dragon (Chamon Wizard supreme?)

Nah they are the wind dragon and the iron dragon, both scions of the Emperor 

And there are heavy cavalry and flying cavalry 

Edited by Whitefang
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

58 minutes ago, annarborhawk said:

Two StD Core Battalions?

Underwhelming....

I posted the 3 pages I saw to @chumphammer on twitter

• Like 2

That Cathay reveal... 

I'm stunned, I had to watch the trailer on a turned screen during a big boring meeting and everyone must've thought I looked a right weirdo everyone grimace af and I'm just sat there with a big cheesey grin. 

It feels historic pardon the cheesiness. That is more development on Cathay than the entirety of Warhammer Fantasy's lifespan. And Chinese mythology has been one of my favourite. I'm so so so happy to see Cathay they look amazing, I was so nervous for how they would look. 

I can. Not. Wait to see what The Old World brings. To see these guys in AoS will be fantastic! What a day. 

Edited by Black_Templar_Lad
  • Like 8

From the Old World announcements so far, it seemed like only the old "Old World" of Empire and Norsca is going to be included. might be years until we see Cathay? 

that trailer was SO GOOD though holy cow their playstyle is exactly what I'm looking for!! Really hoping some of these aesthetics or designs make their way into AOS. Cities being more than the old-Empire would be amazing

While everything in the Cathay trailer looks cool, they feel dangerously close to a "like every faction but better" with their elite defensive formations, crossbows and gunpowder, technological contraptions, massive constructs, unique and powerful magic - oh and by the way their leaders are as powerful as gods.

Edited by chosen_of_khaine
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, chosen_of_khaine said:

While everything in the Cathay trailer looks cool, they feel dangerously close to a "like every faction but better" with their elite defensive formations, crossbows and gunpowder, technological contraptions, massive constructs, unique and powerful magic - oh and by the way their leaders are as powerful as gods.

So what you’re saying is that Cathay is the new Lumineth?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Ledgington said:

Thinking the winged reptilian horses could be Kirin or Qilin from East Asian mythology. Basically dragons horses. 

was gonna say, they have to be Kirin/Qilin

14 minutes ago, chosen_of_khaine said:

the Empire and High Elves felt the same way before the release of their respective TW titles. I wouldn't worry too much when each Chaos god is getting their full roster + that mechanical beast that looks ripped straight from 40k

6 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

So what you’re saying is that Cathay is the new Lumineth?

Cathay wishes they were that cool.

Can't beat samurai aelves with floating cities that live on the sun with their pimped out kangaroo cavalry and BotW fox archers. 😎

Maybe those golems could stub a mountain spirit's toe though.

Though if the White Dwarf teases are true Lumineth will make a even bigger splash when their River Temple magic water pachyderms hit the field. Put Cathay in the trunk. :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 1