The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Captaniser said:

Look at the new dragons, their lore is that they were saved from kragnos imposed extinction by the Seraphon, and now they are ready to be released in the realms again to reclaim their identity and forge a future for themselves. Do they get an army on their own like the SoB? Do they become a part of the Seraphon? Do they become a part of the CoS, even though it would help a model starved faction and also be a neat way to tie in the lore of the newcomers of the realms, and their quest to find a home among this new world? No, they just become a part of the stormcast eternals.

I also agree with you here, and I'm still holding out that Seraphon are getting their own expansion wave (hopefully with more draconiths) along with other Order armies. The problem with COS is that GW is unwilling to make the decision of whether they're going to make Cities something actually unique to AOS, or keep them tied to the old WHFB lines. I hope they do the former, but it'd be easiest to tie new COS kits to The Old World release so... :/ 

1 hour ago, Captaniser said:

"What could the Idoneth, Maggotkin, Ogres, BoC, Gloomspite, FeC, etc. have gotten if the stormcast didn't get so much themselves". 

Sometimes I wonder this, though you could just as easily say "what could AOS have gotten if 40k didn't get so much themselves?" I don't think this issue is about Stormcast as much as it is GW's production lines/times. Kruleboyz and Lumineth (and OBR, Hedonites, Necrons by extension) show us they're willing to do massive new armies not tied to poster-factions. We have enough info that Stormcast don't make up a huge percentage of AOS collecting like Marines/Imperium do in 40k, even if they are simple to pick up and paint for new people.

My gut is telling me they wanted to pivot the Stormcast design since 2.0's release, which is why 3.0's Stormcast wave is this massive. We're getting an Underworlds Warband and possibly a Warcry specific set, but after that I don't expect anything Stormcast until 4.0--and tbh, I hope there isn't when the rest of Order needs time to shine. As an original Lizardmen player, I see soooo much wasted potential in Seraphon that I have to believe something new is coming for them.

• Like 2

Wouldn't be surprised if Warcry follows the same principle than Kill Team, with a new starter set and new warbands.

With all the focus on Dawnbringer Crusades in AoS, wonder if the next story arc could be about that, with bands from Cities of Sigmar. But that's just me dreaming here. ;)

• Like 5

Just wondered something... Could Chaos Dwarfs make their appearance in Warcry?

35 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

I also agree with you here, and I'm still holding out that Seraphon are getting their own expansion wave (hopefully with more draconiths) along with other Order armies. The problem with COS is that GW is unwilling to make the decision of whether they're going to make Cities something actually unique to AOS, or keep them tied to the old WHFB lines. I hope they do the former, but it'd be easiest to tie new COS kits to The Old World release so... :/ 

Sometimes I wonder this, though you could just as easily say "what could AOS have gotten if 40k didn't get so much themselves?" I don't think this issue is about Stormcast as much as it is GW's production lines/times. Kruleboyz and Lumineth (and OBR, Hedonites, Necrons by extension) show us they're willing to do massive new armies not tied to poster-factions. We have enough info that Stormcast don't make up a huge percentage of AOS collecting like Marines/Imperium do in 40k, even if they are simple to pick up and paint for new people.

My gut is telling me they wanted to pivot the Stormcast design since 2.0's release, which is why 3.0's Stormcast wave is this massive. We're getting an Underworlds Warband and possibly a Warcry specific set, but after that I don't expect anything Stormcast until 4.0--and tbh, I hope there isn't when the rest of Order needs time to shine. As an original Lizardmen player, I see soooo much wasted potential in Seraphon that I have to believe something new is coming for them.

I absolutely agree on every front. I really want to see some new Seraphon. Kroak, the Underworld warband, and their narrative connections with the Draconith give me hope! As for more Stormcast, I think/hope this is it for now - save the odd limited edition alternate sculpt here and there. It does feel like they've done a very good job of covering almost every base with the Thunderstrike units - model-wise, that is. Then again, if they really want to cement this style as the new standard for the Stormcast, I could see a small second wave, mid-edition...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

The lack of an AoS announcement makes me wonder if the Chaos Battletome will now end up pushed back into at least November.

Even if it's just a 'Tome and some dice, they usually make a point of sliding the reveals into these type of events.

I'd say it's almost certainly pushed into November. 

47 minutes ago, silverstu said:

Yeah Thats exactly what I thought - plus the vent from the backpack. Looks like the middle one is Black Templar. Not sure on the left one- maybe another Sister from the Killteam set [rumoured to be a new squad type..]. Those leaks are looking pretty strong.

Interested to see what comes for Warcry- wasn't there a map for the last release? I remember it having an icon of an Anvil and Chain - I hoped for Dwarfs - it could be Chaos Dwarfs ? Wonder what else we will see- hope there are some good hints if not full reveals of what is coming. No offence to their fans but I'd love to see something else than Stormcast and Kruelboyz.. [order dwarfs/Kurnothi/Nids/Squats would be perfect, if unlikely].

I love the new SCE and Kruelboyz but I agree, itll be good to see other Factions after these Warband reveals. Theres not been much in the way of other Releases or even Previews outside of those 2 Factions since the beginning of May. So coming up on 4 and a half months. 

Obviously this is due to delays and such.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Magnusaur said:

Then again, if they really want to cement this style as the new standard for the Stormcast, I could see a small second wave, mid-edition...

Been wondering about that myself: if this were 40k it'd happen because Marines sell so much. The Thunderstrike style has been received really well, but I don't think it's enough to convert enough people over to Stormcast to give them that much more of a 'market' share? And since design-to-production is about 3-5 years, I'm not expecting to see more Thunderstrike units until 4.0--there's not enough money in it because of how (thankfully) diversified AOS player armies are. If this intro for Thunderstrike does enough numbers, maybe 4.0 has multiple waves. I don't think 3.0 will especially with how Dominion fell a bit flat because it included Stormcast.

• Like 2

Stormcasts unlike SM are a single army so even if they always get dibs on the first edition box they are also probably the ones with not much things between edition imho (just single characters sometimes)....and i'd prefer that.
I like space marines and power armors but 40k , counting both loyalist and chaotic ones, are too focused on them (and don't talk about the whole imperial side getting always more things).
It was more annoying having Lumineth and Slaanesh getting 2 waves close to each other without a real motive...Lumineth would have helped having all the things in the first wave imho(but they actually got a second wave "at least").
@CommissarRotkeI want to be an old grumbling dawi: Seraphon needs anything BUT dragons!Dragons would be out of place in an army that has big dinos as "centerpiece models"....if they want something similar but enough "proper lizardmany" i'd love a Coatl (or similar concept).

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Magnusaur said:

Just wondered something... Could Chaos Dwarfs make their appearance in Warcry?

I absolutely agree on every front. I really want to see some new Seraphon. Kroak, the Underworld warband, and their narrative connections with the Draconith give me hope! As for more Stormcast, I think/hope this is it for now - save the odd limited edition alternate sculpt here and there. It does feel like they've done a very good job of covering almost every base with the Thunderstrike units - model-wise, that is. Then again, if they really want to cement this style as the new standard for the Stormcast, I could see a small second wave, mid-edition...

There's already a few chaos dwarfs in Warcry factions, the Golems and Spire Tyrants

My guess for Warcry is a few more cool big guys like the Ogroid and Sphinx. I'd be surprised if they did a new edition of Warcry outside the big summer window.

Edited by Nos
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Nos said:

There's already a few chaos dwarfs in Warcry factions, Giles and Spire Tyrants

My guess for Warcry is a few more cool big guys like the Ogroid and Sphinx. I'd be surprised if they did a new edition of Warcry outside the big summer window.

I can see them doing with warcry what they are doing with kill team, a new box every quarter then sell the warbands individually later on. 

• Like 1

Fyreslayers desperately need anything that's not a foot Hero. Nothing in the Rumour Engines points to it but seeing them get a new unit disguised as a warband ALA Khainite Shadowstalkers would be fantastic.

Fyreslayers vs Chaos Dwarf (warband) would be the icing on the cake.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

I can see them doing with warcry what they are doing with kill team, a new box every quarter then sell the warbands individually later on. 

Yeah could be a new box like Catacombs, think that was about this time last year in fact

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Fyreslayers desperately need anything that's not a foot Hero. Nothing in the Rumour Engines points to it but seeing them get a new unit disguised as a warband ALA Khainite Shadowstalkers would be fantastic.

Fyreslayers vs Chaos Dwarf (warband) would be the icing on the cake.

Fyreslayers are the Faction most in need of some model diversity. Even simply adding Female versions* of the current kits would expand the visual appeal greatly, let alone new unit types.

*I love the diversity that was shown within the Thunderstrike and hopefully it bleeds into other Factions.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I cant tell you enough how much this made me laugh and smile mate, a real day brightener!!

OT can I just say...WELCOME BACK HYPE TRAIN BABY!! It feels like an age (of sigmar) since our last Preview and it's so good to get those hype juices flowing!!

The new Aetherwing model looks fantastic and cannot wait to see the rest of the Stormcast Warband attached to it.

My guess, for Underworlds, is they reveal the name of this Season alongside the Starter Box of SCE vs Kreulboyz. 

My hope is that they show off a roadmap just like last season. Leaving us with a vague idea of the Factions but letting our minds run wild.

In regards to Warcry I'm so damned excited to see something from it again. Will it be Season 2? Will it be an Expansion? Will the Warbands be Chaos or other Alliance related? 

I'm so happy. 

Hahah, I am glad if I could spread some smiles around! Even if I've kinda dozed off as the rumours slowed down, TGA remains my community of choice due to the generally positive vibe and passion for the hobby. Something your unbridled and infectious passion contributes to greatly, so I am glad I could contribute with something in return, however small. I see you have become a moderator in my absence; congratulations! There genuinely isn't better a better candidate than someone representing the pure joy of our hobby. So, BRING THE HYPEMON ENGINE ON 😎

But, ahem, to rumours and wishlisting...

Underworlds seems something logical, and I expect to see at least Kruleboyz - although I wouldn't say no to an all-Hobgrot warband! Or perhaps even a Chaos Duardin one...

If past rumours hold water we should see a Chaos Battletome this year - it is most likely Nurgle as chances are that we won't see any duardin (chaos or otherwise) for quite some time, what I wouldn't give for some duardin right now! As much as I have now committed to Kruleboyz, I always got into the sub-faction proper knowing they would just tide me over we'd get either classic Duardin or their more evil and possibly-babylonic brethren.

• LOVE IT! 2

16 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Hahah, I am glad if I could spread some smiles around! Even if I've kinda dozed off as the rumours slowed down, TGA remains my community of choice due to the generally positive vibe and passion for the hobby. Something your unbridled and infectious passion contributes to greatly, so I am glad I could contribute with something in return, however small. I see you have become a moderator in my absence; congratulations! There genuinely isn't better a better candidate than someone representing the pure joy of our hobby. So, BRING THE HYPEMON ENGINE ON 😎

But, ahem, to rumours and wishlisting...

Underworlds seems something logical, and I expect to see at least Kruleboyz - although I wouldn't say no to an all-Hobgrot warband! Or perhaps even a Chaos Duardin one...

If past rumours hold water we should see a Chaos Battletome this year - it is most likely Nurgle as chances are that we won't see any duardin (chaos or otherwise) for quite some time, what I wouldn't give for some duardin right now! As much as I have now committed to Kruleboyz, I always got into the sub-faction proper knowing they would just tide me over we'd get either classic Duardin or their more evil and possibly-babylonic brethren.

Thank you so much for your kind words mate!!

7 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Personally the only thing that could get me into warcry would be a seafood buffet of Idoneth sea creatures.

I really really reaaaaally hope the Era of the Beast brings more Seas critters to the Idoneth. It makes too much sense for the Idoneth to be the Aelven Beast masters and go full nautical, 3000 Leagues under the sea.

• Like 1

Haha! Spot on divination! Get yourself another round of glimmerings for a reward. :D

Was really surprised that was a Sister of battle. All those spikes and bladed helm I really thought a Kruleboyz commander for Warcry.

Also I think the Truthseeker (vigilor?) Stormcast commander points toward the next season being in the Realm of Shadow. The Azyr lantern would be useful against the living mists like Knight-Questor Larissa Shadowstalker and her Malleus Occulum that lets her travel the grey realm and cut through it's illusions while "Truthseeker" sounds very close to how Malerion complains about Lumineth constantly trying to pierce his realm to bring the light into it to expose it's secrets.

6 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I really really reaaaaally hope the Era of the Beast brings more Seas critters to the Idoneth. It makes too much sense for the Idoneth to be the Aelven Beast masters and go full nautical, 3000 Leagues under the sea.

You've seen Crab with Knife. But have you seen Giant Crab with Giant Knife?

Edited by amysrevenge
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

I still remember the early novels of the city Excelsis had Scourge Privateers patrolling the harbors on giant bioluminescent crabs.

Would love those being redone for Deepkin that took over there positions in an diplomatic act with the free cities.

Or at the very least the upcoming Soulbound supplement on Excelsis have them in an adventure. :D

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

9 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I really really reaaaaally hope the Era of the Beast brings more Seas critters to the Idoneth. It makes too much sense for the Idoneth to be the Aelven Beast masters and go full nautical, 3000 Leagues under the sea.

Exactly let's go.

It isn't an elf release if it's sea monsters. 

• Like 3