The Rumour Thread

14 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Dragons are 9W 12move 3+ save Bravery 8. Unit of 2 models has 15Attacks 3+3+ rend2 dmg2 when charged  + breath weapon
About 280 points

That's seems awesome!!

12" with Fly with lots of (really good profile) attacks without taking in consideration their breath, 3+ saves, can be battleline... I must say that I'm a bit jealous!

• Like 2

Just reading between the lines here, preview says 37 cards for OWC:

29 in Generals Hand book, inc units from Dominon.

Confirmed by GW:
Sludgeraker X 2, Killabow,  2 Vultures, Underworlds, 
Mirebrute, Troll with Howdah thing

37 in total. No more stuff for KB, although I thought as much a while ago.

Edited by Nos
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Supposedly ardboyz have been seen in the wild

Bravery 5 and their attacks went to 1” 3a 4/3/-/1

Someone over at the Kruleboyz subforum said that the warscrolls with the 'nerfed' stats were actually not new warscrolls but really old ones.

I just don't know what's real anymore. Getting redpilled by Ironjawz nerf rumours... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SunStorm said:

I suspect we will find everything out next Saturday, assuming that's when the books arrive in the hands of the reviewers and they can confirm/deny the various warscroll changes. 

Going to need the big beer mug and snuggle blanket for that man reads book session for 2 entire books, while my wallet weeps in the corner with a feeling of trepidation.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Battletome prices going up by €5 equivalent 

This is rough. I hope it won't come true. Currently the tomes are already heavily overpriced. We are far above the 30€ mark already, which would be okayish if the quality of the product was worth it. But we talk about a book that was not even touched by an professional proofreader, not to start talking about the quality of their ruleswriting and the day-1-FAQ's required. 

I'd really prefer old WHFB style tomes without a hardback back at this point. The overall composition just felt smoother, with unit lore on the same page as the warscroll/profiles and instead of a advertising type of faction description we had some short stories that made the tome worth reading.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Charleston said:

This is rough. I hope it won't come true. Currently the tomes are already heavily overpriced. We are far above the 30€ mark already, which would be okayish if the quality of the product was worth it. But we talk about a book that was not even touched by an professional proofreader, not to start talking about the quality of their ruleswriting and the day-1-FAQ's required. 

I'd really prefer old WHFB style tomes without a hardback back at this point. The overall composition just felt smoother, with unit lore on the same page as the warscroll/profiles and instead of a advertising type of faction description we had some short stories that made the tome worth reading.

think the increase is pretty much confirmed... so even more of a ripoff than before and im assuming no more e-versions.

49 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Battletome prices going up by €5 equivalent 

33 minutes ago, Charleston said:

Based on the 9th edition 40K codexes which also saw a price increase from 8th edition to 9th, the increase is paying for the digital content unlocked in the app and recovering a bit of the lost revenue from having no digital sales

• Confused 1

I think its a bit ridiculous that we have to pay around 40 euros for a battletome now. Cant sugarcoat this sorry. I dont collect just one large army. I collect many small armies because i like all the different sculpts. I cant justify buying every book again and again over just collecting more models to be honest. Just to play a game a few times a year (same for 40k). The mirebrute is almost the same price XD. I want to support gw with buying all the books and not use other sources. But they are making it damn hard to keep doing it.

That being said i am glad they gave information about the battletomes/units and preorders.

Edited by Iksdee
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

If its the current model for 40k, it's £3.99 a month for the app. 

Prior to Warhammer+ recently (I've not checked since then) you can download the 40k and still access your digital codex for free, if you've bought the codex. Actually, gonna check to see if it's still available. 

I've the free version and just checked the 40k app. Weirdly there are two versions of Plague Marines, one I can still access, the other I can't. No idea. 

Edited by lare2

7 minutes ago, lare2 said:

Prior to Warhammer+ recently (I've not checked since then) you can download the 40k and still access your digital codex for free, if you've bought the codex. Actually, gonna check to see if it's still available. 

I've the free version and just checked the 40k app. Weirdly there are two versions of Plague Marines, one I can still access, the other I can't. No idea. 

Ah okay, never had the 40k app as I don't play it. Makes sense you can access the codex as you've bought it lol. Guess the cost is for the army building part. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rachmani said:

Both the Lord-Commander & Yndrasta have a very cool feel to them without the need for a gazillion wounds etc. They're both "in line" with the rest of the SC and a good chunk above them through their special rules. I'm really pleased with the poster boys (and girls) so far. They appear to shape up great. 

(From a consistency & lore PoV, we all know that tournament success might be based off of different factors.)

This is extremely well put! I am loving the recent rules for named character models as they feel really characterful but as you point out they are not always the most balanced or geared towards competitive play. I typically only use named characters if the opponent is also using them or when going past 2000 points. 

Yndrasta will pose a bit of an issue as she is my favourite model in dominion and lacks a generic alternate warscroll and I am intentionally keeping my stormcast army relatively small. However, I also love the angelic look particularly as a counter to my demon prince and have developed a narrative around that opposition.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ar-Pharazôn said:

50? I checked a currency converter and it said £30 is around $41 or so. If that is GW prices before third party discount, wouldn't you only be paying 36 or so?

The presumption being here that GW take on a direct currency conversion as you have done. GW just don't do that unfortunately. A 9th Edition codex from GW currently costs $50. 

• Sad 1