The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, MitGas said:

If they keep pushing Dawnbringer Crusades into a Bloodborne look (when BB was influenced by Warhammer in the first place), then I'm not sure if I can keep myself from buying at least a few. The Cursed City guy and Dad&Daughter were already so good...

More stuff for SBGL would also be good.

I don't think Bloodborne was influenced by Warhammer? It mostly draws inspiration from the works of Lovecraft and Bram Stoker, plus Berserk and potentially the movie "Brotherhood of the Wolf" though the latter isn't confirmed to have been an inspiration. I'm sure there's other things they took from, but I really cannot think of anything in Bloodborne that made me say "yup, that's Warhammer". They might share a few inspirations though.

I have to agree though, exploring the witch/vampire hunter side of things would make for a fantastic army or subfaction.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SunStorm said:

I'd love it if they leaned into the weirder aspect, like the half spider shaman from the arachnarok kit or the skulkers from silver tower. Gobbo/spider centaur things. Webshooting trappers. WHU would be perfect to try out some of those without needing full units

Absolutely!! We could also get a Giant Spider to do battle with Giant Crab!! But yes Underworlds does seem the perfect place to stretch out the ideas that the Mortal Realms are truly limitless places.

37 minutes ago, RamsesIII said:

I don't think Bloodborne was influenced by Warhammer? It mostly draws inspiration from the works of Lovecraft and Bram Stoker, plus Berserk and potentially the movie "Brotherhood of the Wolf" though the latter isn't confirmed to have been an inspiration. I'm sure there's other things they took from, but I really cannot think of anything in Bloodborne that made me say "yup, that's Warhammer". They might share a few inspirations though.

I have to agree though, exploring the witch/vampire hunter side of things would make for a fantastic army or subfaction.

No idea on BB personally but Brotherhood of the Wolf is such a ****** amazing film. I dont want to spoil anything from it but there was a mini back in WHFB that reminded me of it so damn much. To Amazon for the Blu Ray!! 

EDIT. Just realised the model is from Mordheim!!

1 hour ago, RamsesIII said:

BB was influenced by a LOT of things (some more obviously than others) but apparently Warhammer and even D&D were among them (as well as some boardgame). Heard it in some interview vid with the devs but maybe it was a creative translation (which would be odd)? Either way, the influences align with Warhammer in general, so some resemblance is natural.

Brotherhood of the Wolf seems pretty much a given. At least one designer had to have been influenced by the iconic costume. Haven't seen the movie though, so I can't say much more about that case.

23 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

That would be a first time they sneak in an underworld model into promotional material for an AoS army wouldn't it? I have my doubts about this at least, but of course can not deny it is possible.

The Warhammer Community facebook post saying all Kruleboyz models have been shown is the only thing that pushes me towards an Underworlds model. But then a seperate post said there was more to come so who knows!?

In the currently shown stuff there is no way to get a Killboss seperately so that seems very possible too. Just not the most likely to my mind.

58 minutes ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

The Warhammer Community facebook post saying all Kruleboyz models have been shown is the only thing that pushes me towards an Underworlds model. But then a seperate post said there was more to come so who knows!?

In the currently shown stuff there is no way to get a Killboss seperately so that seems very possible too. Just not the most likely to my mind.

WarCom Facebook lies or is just plain wrong sometimes.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I've been wondering besides Kruelboyz which other Destruction Faction/Subfaction could also be appearing, if there is a second. 

I could maybe see them splitting Hobgrots into their own warband and keeping Kruelboyz as- well, just Kruelboyz, although I doubt we'd see both this season. Of course I could be completely wrong and the upcoming warband has a Hobgrot with them.

As you say, Hrothgar Hrothgorn covers BCR so seeing a Gutbusters version wouldn't be out of the question. I could see a Butcher and his Gnoblars appearing, maybe a Firebelly. Could go really out there and have a Yhetee?

Ironjawz have already had two and Bonesplitters just had theirs, so I'd put money on seeing neither.

• LOVE IT! 1

17 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I've been wondering besides Kruelboyz which other Destruction Faction/Subfaction could also be appearing, if there is a second. 

Underworlds is always at its most fun when it is showcasing an upcoming faction or subfaction. Like when we first got to see Zarbag's Gitz and Skaeth's Wild Hunt.

We still don't know what grand alliance the Silent People fall under so that is a possibility. Also I would love, some swashbuckling Grotbag Scuttlers!

Edited by Neverchosen

24 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I could maybe see them splitting Hobgrots into their own warband and keeping Kruelboyz as- well, just Kruelboyz, although I doubt we'd see both this season. Of course I could be completely wrong and the upcoming warband has a Hobgrot with them.

As you say, Hrothgar Hrothgorn covers BCR so seeing a Gutbusters version wouldn't be out of the question. I could see a Butcher and his Gnoblars appearing, maybe a Firebelly. Could go really out there and have a Yhetee?

Ironjawz have already had two and Bonesplitters just had theirs, so I'd put money on seeing neither.

A new Plastic Butcher would be incredible but then you had to mention a new Yehtee and now it must happen!! 

• Like 1

I guess it's kind of a quirk with Destruction that most of their factions are soup or soup-ish, which translates a little oddly to the WHU format. So you get the AoS grouping of Warclans receiving four warbands (counting these new Kruleboys) and Gloomspite already getting two. It's just a more extreme version of e.g. two StD warbands, two Soulblight warbands, etc. but it highlights that we're at the 'picking out subfactions' stage of coming up with new teams for WHU.

Gutbusters and Spiderfang do seem like the obvious options. You can almost predict the mechanics: some sort of eating-based inspire condition for the ogres and various poisons/webby movement restrictions for the spiderboys.

A gargant seems like a bit of stretch though. The shadeglass guy was more of a special scenario thing, Mollog appears to be as large as they're willing to go for a kit made up of two small sprues and he's already, uh, small for his age.

• Like 2

So it seems Rend is going up across the board. That would be good if it didn't take ages to release new battletomes for every faction, now if your faction is far from receiving a new battletome (hello, my fellow Hedonites) you are playing on hard mode (even more than before)

Edited by Benkei
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Subscriber
49 minutes ago, Hellberg said:

According to a leak, some Brutes weapons are going to have higher rend (+1 for Gore-hacka and Gore-choppa). I deleted the image as I think (but not sure) it's against forum rules to post leaks. 

The leak was a warscroll someone found in a box of brutes they purchased. I wonder if any other Orruk Warclan boxes have new warscrolls in...

45 minutes ago, Benkei said:

So it seems Rend is going up across the board. That would be good if it didn't take ages to release new battletomes for every faction, now if your faction is far from receiving a new battletome (hello, my fellow Hedonites) you are playing on hard mode (even more than before)

Funnily or sadly enough hedonites got 2 battletomes in less than 2 years which is the fastest re release of a battletome beside the lrl release in recent aos history

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Can you imagine if GW released a hobgrot warband with a Chaos dwarf daemonsmith and a bull centaur? The Internet would implode. There'd be a great disturbance in the force... as though millions of wallets suddenly cried out...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 4

4 hours ago, sandlemad said:

I guess it's kind of a quirk with Destruction that most of their factions are soup or soup-ish, which translates a little oddly to the WHU format. So you get the AoS grouping of Warclans receiving four warbands (counting these new Kruleboys) and Gloomspite already getting two. It's just a more extreme version of e.g. two StD warbands, two Soulblight warbands, etc. but it highlights that we're at the 'picking out subfactions' stage of coming up with new teams for WHU.

Gutbusters and Spiderfang do seem like the obvious options. You can almost predict the mechanics: some sort of eating-based inspire condition for the ogres and various poisons/webby movement restrictions for the spiderboys.

A gargant seems like a bit of stretch though. The shadeglass guy was more of a special scenario thing, Mollog appears to be as large as they're willing to go for a kit made up of two small sprues and he's already, uh, small for his age.

Absolutely mate. So seeing as we realistically have 3 Factions in Destruction for Underworlds, I'll almost be suprised if we dont get another Gloomspite or Mawtribes Warband this Season.

3 minutes ago, NorthernNurgling said:

Can you imagine if GW released a hobgrot warband with a Chaos dwarf daemonsmith and a bull centaur? The Internet would implode. There'd be a great disturbance in the force... as though millions of wallets suddenly cried out...

That would be an epic Warband. 3 Hobgrot Slittaz and a Chaos Duardin Master or Bull Centaur would probably be the best selling Underworlds Warband yet.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, idn0971 said:

This really makes annoyed since the new kruleboyz heroes have a 3+ save and have way less armor than a megaboss on mawkrusha who apparently now has a 4+

Imho, that should be good news for every AoS player! Let's be honest, tankcrushas are a thing and half of AoS armies can't deal with this monsters.

I hope that Archaon, Nagash, Gotrek, Morathi, etc... are the next ones. 

• Like 4