The Rumour Thread

56 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Looks like they may also have missed/cancelled Loremasters? Was supposed to be on ploos from the 1st but hasn’t been announced.

45 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Depends how many they have filmed and if it’s only Wade presenting them. If it’s only Wade and they’ve only filmed a few shows, it’s going to be delayed as he’s had health issues.

Think the first episode is still scheduled for this coming Wednesday (it's Abaddon) though we're unlikely to get one a week due to Wade being off work.  I don't think any of the new bits will be shown on the Sunday reveal though as that pretty much sticks with physical releases.

Nice. That box with orcs seems filled with miniatures. Happy for those that like orcs!

I'm working on my 4th Bladelord, and I haven't built the whole dominion box. I guess I'm in the minority since I have no rush for new stuff! But I understand those that want the new books for their factions at least!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

I am a bit annoyed about the updates to Warhammer legends. They claimed these wouldn‘t get changed ever again.

they updated those with new keywords - fine.

They forgot some rules (some mages lack the whole wizard paragraph). 
And they plainly forgot the S2D War Mammoth. Now there is a nerfed version in monstrous arcanum that I refuse to use. - Why the hell?

I don‘t mind updated keywords, i like it, but fundamentally fiddling with the rules of a unit that was supposed to stay how it is forever is such a bad move.

either continue to support it or don‘t. No half-way rewrite while breaking perfectly fine warscrolls.

I‘ll continue to use the S2D Warscroll for the Mammoth since it hadn’t been replaced.

Where’s the s2d warscroll hidden?

4 hours ago, Bosskelot said:

The delay between Dominion and the Tomes is actually less than Indomitus and the Codexes. It was a 3 month wait for those, whereas this is going to be 2 months.

Except you are wrong, unless you mean 2 months and a bit for 40k and presumably 3 months+ for AoS. What's making it seem longer is it actually being longer.

Also yes, Indomitus and the first Codexes were released at the height of the pandemic/Brexit in Europe. 

Screenshot_2021-08-30-00-13-13.png

Screenshot_2021-08-30-00-12-27.png

Screenshot_2021-08-30-00-12-00.png

Edited by Benkei
  • Like 2

I'm kind of amazed things have released as smoothly as they have over the past 18 months. There was a brief paint shortage, and I think the longest gap in releases was three weeks near the peak of the first wave? It's pretty extraordinary given that their supply chain is at least partially dependent on China for printed materials. In the main, it is a tremendous validation of their vertical integration strategy. I get frustrated by delays and slower than hoped for roll outs, but it's worth stepping back and marveling at how well they've done!

• Like 9

30 minutes ago, wargames101 said:

I'm kind of amazed things have released as smoothly as they have over the past 18 months. There was a brief paint shortage, and I think the longest gap in releases was three weeks near the peak of the first wave? It's pretty extraordinary given that their supply chain is at least partially dependent on China for printed materials. In the main, it is a tremendous validation of their vertical integration strategy. I get frustrated by delays and slower than hoped for roll outs, but it's worth stepping back and marveling at how well they've done!

Coupled that with a huge influx of new and returning players during the last 18 months. 

I'll say the manufacturing, packing and logistical side of the company defo earned their 5k bonus! 

Was thinking about warcry earlier and if they go down the kill team route with a box every quarter, we could see some funky warbands like a Kurnothi one of first look at some furnace Kings. Could be a great way to explore more of the realms. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Benkei said:

Except you are wrong, unless you mean 2 months and a bit for 40k and presumably 3 months+ for AoS. What's making it seem longer is it actually being longer.

Also yes, Indomitus and the first Codexes were released at the height of the pandemic/Brexit in Europe. 

Except you are wrong, Indomitus to their first codex was 11 weeks, if we get a preorder announcement next week it will also be 11 weeks for us.

I don't actually think we'll get one next week as they probably will want to get all orks out first but right now AoS still isn't longer than 40k

What I want to know is how long it will take to actually get all model kits out after that

Edited by Matrindur

9 hours ago, ian0delond said:

Not in the UK and the rest of Europe. 

The pandemic might feel over to you, but finding paper and cardboard is still difficult for many industries.

Indeed. My father is working in the printing Industrie and he told me that ordering cardboard used to take 2-3 weeks. Now it‘s 8+ weeks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, sorokyl said:

edit: I'm dumb. i was complaining about how monopose the boyz were, but they literally copied and pasted the same group of 10 twice in their image. 

hopefully there is customization but I'm worried its the slave to darkness treatment. 

STD kit had head options at least. 

6 hours ago, wargames101 said:

Threee weeks? Lumineth got delayed two times for a month, 40k got all their schedule delayed 1-2 months, books are dated one or two months after their release and even now we had an oficial picture of sce' bt showing that the book was going to launch in July, and now everyone is thinking about october.

I can forgive all the mess they had in march and january for covid and brexit, but now, with tons of 40k launchs full of plastic and paper i just don’t buy the excuse. 

I don’t know why they need to lie to us, but is not the first time (no-faqs, editing articles, covid excuse) and I’m starting to get tired of this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

It’s also worth noting that the 40K Ork release is still going ahead even though some models that should have been there are delayed.

They did this for Necromunda too where they announced stuff, put it on preorder, but said some of it was delayed for a while.

This tells us that it’s not an issue with the model kits themselves. If it was, GW would simply put what they had on preorder, take the money, and ship it when the boat gets here.

It could be an issue with the physical books, as none of those part delayed releases went out without the books.

Of course, this wouldn’t be an issue if GW could support digital releases. Then they could sell the book digitally, sell the models, and ship the physical book later once it arrives.

Except GW have shot themselves in the foot here by changing their digital platform to require an app that still hasn’t been developed. So they can’t sell anything digitally.

Either we are stuck waiting for the books to arrive or the app to be released, possibly both. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Backbreaker said:

I didn't see something about that here, is it norma that warscrolls are not available on the website for recent releases?

Which releases do you mean? 

For a while now, warscrolls haven't been released until the respective battletome is released so the new stormcast amd kruleboyz stuff will be available when the books are. 

9 hours ago, wargames101 said:

Context is required, absolutley

Not just from a perspective of how well GW has done, that's frankly small potatoes. 

Given where we started with it all last yeas, its astonishing that a lot of us still have jobs and money to pay for more GW stuff we absolutley don't need. Theres a not small amount of people who last March would have been excited about their toy soldiers who are no longer with us and gone well before their time. 

People have enough toy soldiers to wait a few months for more.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

23 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I think theres a fairly good chance of another New Model Monday today, I'm sure @Black_Templar_Ladis chomping at the bit to see some new Templars!!

Hahahha cheers mate it has been sustaining me this past month 😂

I'm mainly excited to see what the new Neophytes look like, would happily just wait till the full box reveal though so eveyone else can get teases. Like it feels better to see teases of things we don't know are coming. We know Templars are coming, don't really need a tease of them. 

So so happy for Ork players, that release schedule looks absolutely bloody amazing! Those new Boy sculpts are outstanding I'd be absolutely buzzing. 

Think we'll see another Templar today but hope it's something AoS, itching for those cultured baddy dwarves. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

So so happy for Ork players, that release schedule looks absolutely bloody amazing! Those new Boy sculpts are outstanding I'd be absolutely buzzing. 

Think we'll see another Templar today but hope it's something AoS, itching for those cultured baddy dwarves. 

Ork players on both sides of the Hobby are being spoiled right now (though AOS will have to wait a little while longer). As for the “Cultured Baddy Dwarves”, I’m honestly curious on how they’ll look. Will they be the blatant Mesopotamian bearded big hat lovers of old? Will they look like the Legion of Azgorh? Do the Hobgrot Slittaz offer any clues appearance wise? Can they ally with Kruleboyz despite not being GA: Destruction?! Come on GW! We need these questions answered!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2