The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Some Kruleboyz lore News! 

alright, my local game store over in Illinois is run by some pretty decent chaps. How decent? You might be asking? They let me pick up a copy of the new White Dwarf yesterday.

In the SoB segment it mentions how the sons and Kruleboyz don’t really get along, with fights between the Stomps and Klaws being common. There’s also mention of a bunch of gargants being led by a pair of spectral feet, and that at least one big boi worshipped Sigmar enough to become a saint.
pic(s) for proof:

image.jpg.5d271965fa906df7fefffa614f79fd2c.jpgimage.jpg.56cffc7e2b00d61a64c3c0520eec6d8e.jpg

MMM YES JUICY GARGANT LORE!! I love that the Gargants arent on good terms with the Kruelboyz and King Brodd isnt a fan of Kragnos himself. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

6 hours ago, HollowHills said:

Personally I think the B&C leak is pretty credible. 

I've kind of given up on 4chan. It's 99% ****** posting. I used to go there for resources but there are better places now.

Also the Incel style alt right humor has become less tolerable since it started to lead to actual real life violence.

I found the Incel & Alt Right stuff already a huge reason to never ever go there. Though 8chan/kun were said to be even worse. Way worse.

Looks GW has given up on us. Not even a new Community article since last Friday.

• Like 3

Re

4 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

I found the Incel & Alt Right stuff already a huge reason to never ever go there. Though 8chan/kun were said to be even worse. Way worse.

Looks GW has given up on us. Not even a new Community article since last Friday.

I think it's more likely they're just holding back for a bunch of articles next week leading up to a preorder on the 28th.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Indecisive said:

https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/5674

mostly going over 40k stuff, but a caption of soon with a pic of goats in the comments

I'm just so happy to see the great Lady Atia and Bob back at the rumours again, I used to live on War of Sigmar everyday for any rumour sightings hahahaha. 

Exciting stuff for 40k. Still think Tau need a major release and more xenos races but hey ho. 

Oohhh that goat pic got me excited! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

I'm just so happy to see the great Lady Atia and Bob back at the rumours again, I used to live on War of Sigmar everyday for any rumour sightings hahahaha. 

Exciting stuff for 40k. Still think Tau need a major release and more xenos races but hey ho. 

Oohhh that goat pic got me excited! 

It is the Chinese Zodiac year of the Ox so fingers crossed for the BOC!!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

See this is how you do rumours: time frames, exact models, information on form of releases (such as Dual Boxes and Kill Team), build options. Even if this is not legitimate, there is enough substance to actually discuss what is being presented. 

The only thing holding me back from supporting it was there is no info about Primaris Aelf Vampirate King Malerion and his new sick converse sneakers!

• Haha 1

More wishlisting than rumor but I'd enjoy a faction based heavily on martial arts/wuxia fiction, who emphase elite units with superlative combat skills and heroes who combine magical aptitude with fighting ability. They could have monsters based on Chinese guardian lions and dragons, as well as peasant infantry for archers and spearmen. 

Edited by Ar-Pharazôn
Mispelled word
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

2 hours ago, HollowHills said:

Undivided demons would be super cool. Seems unlikely though given the lore. Unless it's something like Be’lakor gets to make his own.

Undivided daemons existed in whfb with the furies and horus heresy got the ruinstorm daemons that are undivided also so it's not impossible.

About those 40k rumors:they are in line with what  Valrak said about BT.

The other bits seems a bit strange in some parts,i don't think we'll get a full DKoK line but a catachan revamp would be expected in the future.

Really hopeful about those squat "not only kill team" rumor. I'd love if GW will take some cues from kharadron if they want to revitalize the squat concept.

If they are making some beastmen i really hope they'll give the khorne and Nurgle gors in the blades and maggotkin waves.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson

12 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Really hopeful about those squat "not only kill team" rumor. I'd love if GW will take some cues from kharadron if they want to revitalize the squat concept.

Yeah after seeing the Kharadron [and buying them!] the idea of Squats is way more appealing- hoping they will do a similar job with them. I'd be happy with a Killteam, delighted with more.. and think of the kit bashing potential ...between both squats and KO!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Undivided daemons existed in whfb with the furies and horus heresy got the ruinstorm daemons that are undivided also so it's not impossible.

The Soulgrinder is also an undivided demon although it can be marked.

I have always wanted shades as an undivided demon type. They would be available to summon by all chaos types but they would be the demons that have not taken true form. They exist within the shared unconscious of the chaos gods and upon proving themselves may be given true demonic form. I also want Raptoryx' to gain the demonic keyword.

This would give undivided demons: Shades, Raptoryx, Soulgrinder, Furies and some plastic 'ruinstorm' demons and you have very minor undivided demonic faction. Finally have Be'Lakor learn the ability to create undivided demon princes as heroes/generals. Alternatively give Varanguard demonic and mortal keywords to showcase their blessings.

Edited by Neverchosen

43 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

The Soulgrinder is also an undivided demon although it can be marked.

I have always wanted shades as an undivided demon type. They would be available to summon by all chaos types but they would be the demons that have not taken true form. They exist within the shared unconscious of the chaos gods and upon proving themselves may be given true demonic form. I also want Raptoryx' to gain the demonic keyword.

This would give undivided demons: Shades, Raptoryx, Soulgrinder, Furies and some plastic 'ruinstorm' demons and you have very minor undivided demonic faction. Finally have Be'Lakor learn the ability to create undivided demon princes as heroes/generals. Alternatively give Varanguard demonic and mortal keywords to showcase their blessings.

Do you remember how this was handled in 40k? I don't miss most chaos books to be honest. More than just the rules, the designs they kept updating and fixing left them becoming confused about chaos and scrapped most of it. 

New generic Daemons to go with a new chaos prince, but the base is probably just going to be the DISCIPLES OF BE’LAKOR soup with Horror/Daemonette/Plaguebearer/Horror or to go as ally to your Std or BoC. A full minor faction of grey centrists daemons  is maybe not what we should expect.

Edited by ian0delond
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ar-Pharazôn said:

More wishlisting than rumor but I'd enjoy a faction based heavily on martial arts/wuxia fiction, who emphase elite units with superlative combat skills and heroes who combine magical aptitude with fighting ability. They could have monsters based on Chinese guardian lions and dragons, as well as peasant infantry for archers and spearmen. 

Perhaps I'm missing the nuance of exactly what you're looking for, but this sounds a lot like the Lumineth to me.

Elite units with superlative combat skills? Check. Heroes that combine magical aptitude with fighting ability? You bet. They might not have guardian lions and Chinese dragons specifically, but the wind foxes and mountain spirits definitely fit with animist traditions. Plus the whole army has a very Eastern-inspired aesthetic.

Maybe with a bit of tweaking, the game already has what you're looking for?

• Like 6

7 hours ago, xking said:

King Brodd model when!

Mate, the biggest question on my lips!! My best bet is when they update the Mancrusher model they give it a dual kit. Unless lore wise they bump him up to Mega Gargant status.

4 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

You'd have to ask him about his career plans.

Where does he see himself in 5 years?

12 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Is it wrong for me to say I'm really happy they didn't really mention any AOS stuff in that link? Cause if half of those rumors come true I'll be happy.

Bob said that he can't say if IDK is gonna be alone or be in a new Aelf soup army.

We heard too many soup armies rumours lately...  I dislike this idea so much

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

Bob said that he can't say if IDK is gonna be alone or be in a new Aelf soup army.

We heard too many soup armies rumours lately...  I dislike this idea so much

Not too sure myself on this. Cities was/is after all one of the most fun and flexible books of 2nd edition. Orruks get a soup book as well, which sadly looks bad right now, with no synergy at all, so all it does is really save real estate on book pages. I would imagine the same happening for other "soup" armies. The silver lining here is that GW  needs to release less books, which means faster update cycles.

AoS is becoming bloated, especially on the order side of things, and with GW releasing maybe 2-3 tomes every 3 months, it takes years to update all the factions for any edition, it is not an optimal system at all. It does remove a lot of charm, and as any Orruk play can attest to, it does not mean better updates or equal content or more frequent model updates. Last time they souped together 2 orruk factions which had their own books in 1.0, but only giving them half the sub factions and options of full tomes, like Ogors got.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1