The Rumour Thread

7 hours ago, Maogrim said:

would you mind being a little less condescending and sarcastic? 

You mean I'm like an aelf? Oh my God, thank you for the identity crisis! 😱. Untold hours with the shrink down the drain, great. 😎👍

Okay, I'll get right off your back, sorry. I just think the whole Lumineth (and Slaanesh, although they've waited an eternity) phase in 2.0 has been vastly out of proportion in terms of release size and timing compared to all other factions in the game (outside of SC, Nighthaunt and Khorne), especially when so many other factions got terrible minis in their range or not enough kits to feel like a proper army.

To be fair, this is not the player's fault but until GW finally releases all the other factions, I'll be pretty negative to all huge out-of-order releases. Compare Lumineth to say FS, IJ, DOK, Sylvaneth, etc. and it feels like favoritism. Hell, I'll even argue against a huge Tzeentch wave (the only faction in AoS I truly care about) as long as we got no Skaven, BoC, Cities of Sigmar, Seraphon, more Dwarves, Malerion first...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jymmy said:

GW is forcing the demonetization of the channels that make profit with warhammer animations so the only way to get access that kind of content is by joining their Warhammer + platform (hope I got it all right)

I see, I don't know how I feel about all this. GW are within their rights to protect and monopolize their IP, especially now that they as a business, are moving into animation. It's not surprising that they would do this, as most businesses do not like other people making money off their IP's.  The fan creators can get around it in some way, by using patreon I guess By using the "they are supporting me as a person, they are not paying for the animation" argument. But I'm not a lawyer.

Just now, xking said:

I see, I don't know how I feel about all this. GW are within their rights to protect and monopolize their IP, especially now that they as a business, are moving into animation. It's not surprising that they would do this, as most businesses do not like other people making money off their IP's.  The fan creators can get around it in some way, by using patreon I guess By using the "they are supporting me as a person, they are not paying for the animation" argument. But I'm not a lawyer.

I don't think they can get around it like that. Patreon isn't a sneaky way to get free money. If it was fan creations would have been taking "donations" for years. 

That said also don't forget GW might also be looking to licence their IP for videos. So instead of just hiring people to make videos for them, they might also want to have the option for animation studios to approach them for a licence to make a film/animation. Just like they do for video games. In that light they can't have fan creations doing it for free. 

Honestly GW have been good over the last few years in allowing fan creations to profit at all; the vast majority of IP owners don't make videos and would never dream too ,but wouldn't have allowed fan videos to profit anyway in the way that they have with the GW IP. 

It does become complex and fan payment systems have changed the field of play significantly. 

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Overread said:

I don't think they can get around it like that. Patreon isn't a sneaky way to get free money. If it was fan creations would have been taking "donations" for years. 

That said also don't forget GW might also be looking to licence their IP for videos. So instead of just hiring people to make videos for them, they might also want to have the option for animation studios to approach them for a licence to make a film/animation. Just like they do for video games. In that light they can't have fan creations doing it for free. 

Honestly GW have been good over the last few years in allowing fan creations to profit at all; the vast majority of IP owners don't make videos and would never dream too ,but wouldn't have allowed fan videos to profit anyway in the way that they have with the GW IP. 

It does become complex and fan payment systems have changed the field of play significantly. 

Dang, Overread. You have 6.8k post.  I remember when you first came on here. Now look at you, with the big boy numbers and you become a mod.  You even got a new face, you came up in the world.

• Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Didn't Grimdark Live say their source confirmed Hobgrot cavalry back when they were discussing the Dominion reveal? Even if they're due a second wave at some point, seems odd to just have slapped a single Hobrot unit in the army that otherwise sticks out like a sore, not-green thumb.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • LOVE IT! 1

24 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Didn't Grimdark Live say their source confirmed Hobgrot cavalry back when they were discussing the Dominion reveal? Even if they're due a second wave at some point, seems odd to just have slapped a single Hobrot unit in the army that otherwise sticks out like a sore, not-green thumb.

I don't remember them saying this though...

Iirc they were maybe the only that when talked about dominion rimors did'nt mentioned cavalry nor in other interview.

47 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

After the Dominion reveal, Grimdark Live did indeed say there was still Kruleboy cavalry coming according to their source, although I don't believe they specified it as Hobgrots.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gareth 🍄 said:

I think at the time they generally described the entire Kruleboyz faction as Hobgoblin-esque which maybe left people thinking they were all Hobgoblins.

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

If on Monday there is not a Kruelboy Cavlary reveal I'll believe we will have seen the extent of the Kruelboy range for now. 

Unless the Cavlary is like Rippa Snarlfangs and is a other mounted unit for Underworlds?

It could be that, similar to the Hedonites mortal release, we get another wave of Kruelboyz later on in the (somewhat) distant future that would include calvary and some other options. For now, we’re probably going to have to suffice with what we have, based on that comment from GW saying that Kruelboyz are done for the time being. 

• Like 1

If they only have 10 man squads of Gutrippaz/Hobgrotz and 3 man squads of Bolt Boyz surrounded by heroes and monsters I will consider the Kruleboyz a design failure. They really need some kind of elite melee or cavalry unit to round things out aesthetically.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Acrozatarim said:

After the Dominion reveal, Grimdark Live did indeed say there was still Kruleboy cavalry coming according to their source, although I don't believe they specified it as Hobgrots.

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

If on Monday there is not a Kruelboy Cavlary reveal I'll believe we will have seen the extent of the Kruelboy range for now. 

Unless the Cavlary is like Rippa Snarlfangs and is a other mounted unit for Underworlds?

Perhaps the Hobgrot calvary has been folded into the(hopefully) soon to be released Furnace Kings faction? After all, the brief snippet of lore we have for the Slittaz makes it clear that they work for both factions(so long as they get paid).

i think they said it was a very similar to the Snarlfang model and that the new breed of greenskinz where riding on it (Kruleboyz), the source describe it as wolf rider while they describe the Killaboss as riding a squig bear pig (Gnashtoof).

of course there is some inaccuracy since the rider where not in Dominion like their initial rumor said.

the last show Grimdark seem less sure about it happening but they where just guessing on a lot of stuff

26 minutes ago, PJetski said:

If they only have 10 man squads of Gutrippaz/Hobgrotz and 3 man squads of Bolt Boyz surrounded by heroes and monsters I will consider the Kruleboyz a design failure. They really need some kind of elite melee or cavalry unit to round things out aesthetically.

I don't think the same. Actually I like that every faction or subfaction has its own perks and drawbacks. What I mean I don't need a tabletop game where every faction have every role present in their army; I love KO having only boats and shooting, Mawtribes being fast&furious, ... It is nice to have armies that play completely different (and even more when the Kruleboyz will have all the option from the orruks range).

• Like 1

Just now, japaricio said:

I don't think the same. Actually I like that every faction or subfaction has its own perks and drawbacks. What I mean I don't need a tabletop game where every faction have every role present in their army; I love KO having only boats and shooting, Mawtribes being fast&furious, ... It is nice to have armies that play completely different (and even more when the Kruleboyz will have all the option from the orruks range).

KO have three troop kits in squads of 3/5/10 with totally different roles and aesthetics. If they only had Arkanauts and balloons they would be a lot less interesting... I dont want Kruleboyz to end up in that scenario.

11 minutes ago, PJetski said:

KO have three troop kits in squads of 3/5/10 with totally different roles and aesthetics. If they only had Arkanauts and balloons they would be a lot less interesting... I dont want Kruleboyz to end up in that scenario.

i mean they have roles

Hobgrot: Chaff small 25mm unit

Gutrippaz: 2 wound battlefield unit

Boltboyz: long range unit

they also have the artillery piece and the non hero Sloggoth.

and all of them are way different looking the the uniform steampunk look of KO, i don't know how they end up in the same scenario 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, PJetski said:

All KO troops fit the same role, shooting damage. Some have high moving range so they have less output, and the slower ones have better output (some light shooting and some rend shooting). But everything is about shooting, no magic, no fighting,... And it is a good army. Kruleboyz will be fine as they are, and even more in a warclans battletome.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, japaricio said:

It's awesome if the game wasn't so swingy. An army that only uses ranged profiles will be not fun to play against in an edition that ranged units are really powerful. Same with an army that is entirely based in 4-9 wounds heroes. Or another that is focused only on the magic phase.

I'm not saying to give shooting+magic+cavalry+artillery+monsters+etc... to everyone, but IMO, I hope to see some day a unit of melee arkanauts jumping from my skevessels and charging the enemy (with shields, give me that juicy 2+/3+saves!!)

14 minutes ago, japaricio said:

All KO troops fit the same role, shooting damage. Some have high moving range so they have less output, and the slower ones have better output (some light shooting and some rend shooting). But everything is about shooting, no magic, no fighting,... And it is a good army. Kruleboyz will be fine as they are, and even more in a warclans battletome.

10 arkanauts are not used to do dmg (spoiler: they can't!). If you want to do some ranged dmg, you are going for 20-30 arkanauts and they have a 13" threat range!!! There are more melee units with better range than them (note: remember to always use Unleash Hell!! that's one of their main dmg).

Thunderes with special weapons are going to do meh dmg to anythin further away than 12", but they are good with their 18" rifles (and don't lose dmg if they are shooting from an skyvessel).

Btw, our best melee units are our shock/cavalry troops (balloon boyz). A bit sad that we have two variants but one outshines the other (common GW, skywardens need a bonus charge!).

You get the point, they do diferent "ranged" things (not sure if we can consider screening or objective-grabber as "ranged") but they are not just "ranged dmg" dealers. And even if they are a full ranged army, they are not as good as other shooting units (Warpfire rats, Lumineth Sentinels, Irondrakes, Double-tap Longstrikes, Double-tap Snakegirls, etc...).

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 2

I am increasingly convinced that my initial guess was correct, and that “available to order in August” literally meant August 28th and release September 4th.

We’ve got 40k this weekend, and surely followed by Kill Team as they are pushing out articles for that every day now. There’s also more 40k orks and underworlds was announced as an August preorder too.

So I assume 40k, Kill Team, Underworlds (to break it up), 40k again, then finally AoS. It’s a damn long wait from May, when some of these models were first previewed (14 weeks).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, xking said:

Dang, Overread. You have 6.8k post.  I remember when you first came on here. Now look at you, with the big boy numbers and you become a mod.  You even got a new face, you came up in the world.

For some reason admins feel safe giving me big red buttons of ultimate doom and destruction!

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

I am increasingly convinced that my initial guess was correct, and that “available to order in August” literally meant August 28th and release September 4th.

We’ve got 40k this weekend, and surely followed by Kill Team as they are pushing out articles for that every day now. There’s also more 40k orks and underworlds was announced as an August preorder too.

So I assume 40k, Kill Team, Underworlds (to break it up), 40k again, then finally AoS. It’s a damn long wait from May, when some of these models were first previewed (14 weeks).

yeah I though it could be the last week of August and they pull an Orktober as they said specifically said preorder are in August not the physical release and that they wanted to align the battletome release with the new beta app which was probably going to be releasing along Warhammer+ on the 25th.

also the 40K tomes didn't get release until September last year either despite GW maybe having more problems last year then now