The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, PrimeElectrid said:

I don’t know what want from me. I have no influence at GW, but I can tell you more aelves are definitely coming.There’s no other resolution to this discussion as the other poster decided they hate aelves and will quit if more come, and I can’t stop more aelves. So what do you want me to do to further this discussion?

This goes towards everyone actually. Maybe I too agree other armies should have more models or range refresh. Maybe I too think GW should create new things. Regardless of any of that, new aelves are still coming eventually. It’s as inevitable as new Stormcast every edition. I don’t see what whining about it constantly achieves or why people want to live in denial and whine about it later.

Edited as it was a different poster 

Sure there are going to be more elves, but 2024-2025 is soon enough. Humans, dwarves, lizards, rats, ghouls and beasts of chaos need a lot more attention.

And yes, if GW mainly focusses on more elves and more Stormcast, I would be miffed, and will voice that.

Now quitting is both a station I've already passed and a step too far, but making models in lines that don't need it while reducing options in lines that do need it will and should invoke some grumbling.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

That's actually a really nice dragon!

The wingspur is weird, and the Stormcast seems off scale (also a very awkward shield shape for that location), but the dragon anatomy is looking solid overall. Enough muscles in the wings to sell it as flying, forelimbs in proportion to the rest of the body (not bulkier than the wings, and don't seem as tacked to the side of the body) and armour protecting major attack vectors of a flying dragon without inhibiting motion too much. It even has a mouth that looks able to close (which WHFB dragons lack).

3 minutes ago, The Red King said:

So to the people who told me I was having a knee ****** reaction when I said "they're going to use dragons as an excuse to give stormcast a whole new line"; I've got some delicious crow here if you're interested...

Two poses; wings up, and wings down. Box of 2 models.

They'll probably come in squads of 2. One of them can be built into a hero (makes the other model useless)

This is Dracothian Guard 2.0 in every way. If anyone still doubts that Thunderstrike is a Primaris-style reboot of Stormcast then you're deluding yourself.

I predict that they will phase out the oldcast over a period of 4-5 years. The 3.0 battletome will make oldcast good and worth using in games, but then they'll release a 3.5 battletome with a second wave of Thunderstrike that will make the Thunderstrike much better and overshadow the non-Thunderstrike units. In 4th ed the oldcast won't be viable in competitive games any more, and by 5th ed they probably won't even be legal any more.

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, PJetski said:

I predict that they will phase out the oldcast over a period of 4-5 years. The 3.0 battletome will make oldcast good and worth using in games, but then they'll release a 3.5 battletome with a second wave of Thunderstrike that will make the Thunderstrike much better and overshadow the non-Thunderstrike units. In 4th ed the oldcast won't be viable in competitive games any more, and by 5th ed they probably won't even be legal any more.

I suspect something like this will eventually happen. But for confirmation id wanna see Thunderstrike Sacrosanct before I accept it. SCE has abandoned the SM way of constant releases, for all we know we wont see another one for 3 years just like after Soul Wars. 
SM HAS to go the way of primaris because they release stuff so frequently theres no space left other than reimagined units but better. I dont see SCE going that way for a loooooooong time. Just a feeling , i could totally be wrong

Edited by jhamslam
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Sure there are going to be more elves, but 2024-2025 is soon enough. Humans, dwarves, lizards, rats, ghouls and beasts of chaos need a lot more attention.

And yes, if GW mainly focusses on more elves and more Stormcast, I would be miffed, and will voice that.

Now quitting is both a station I've already passed and a step too far, but making models in lines that don't need it while reducing options in lines that do need it will and should invoke some grumbling.

GW are making money hand over fist. They know what they are doing in respect to making themselves money, which is why they exist.

Pursuing equality among ranges is something they've never done. Theres literally no reason to expect them to do it. They do what they think will make them money. Accept that and you'll never be disappointed or surprised. 

Their Bottom Line *is* the Bottom Line.

Edited by Nos