The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I know this is the Rumour Thread but I just wanted to shout out all you incredible lads and ladettes for the amazing time I've spent here since I've joined, with that I'm pleased to announce that today I'll be getting married!! KingBrodd will be marrying his Queen ❤

massive congrats!

(although a small part of me is wondering if QueenBrodd is actually a new megagargant ...)

• LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Honestly, painting hundreds of similar-looking ratmen does that. Skaven would be a lot more popular if Horde armies wouldn't be tedious to paint (and purchasing them wouldn't be so expensive!), especially for beginners.

Clan rats are actually very easy and quick to paint in large batches.

They are very small models and there are a fair few guides out there for speed painting them. Painting 20 from start to finish in an evening is a perfectly reasonable goal and you only need 60 to fulfill battleline for a 2k army. There are loads of cool other units like bells and wheels to add. 

Or play Skryre and have a small elite army of amazing looking stormfiends. 

11 hours ago, Chikout said:

They were the most played tournament army for several months after their AoS battletome came out. 

I wouldn't take tournament numbers to mean much. Top tournament players will grab whatever is powerful regardless. You could be led to believe Fyreslayers were more popular than Stormcast based off those.

Skaven are just hideous. They are vile and disgusting creatures with vile and disgusting lore and I shall never forgive them for stealing as many fortresses from the Dwarves as they did. 

I don't know, but, with the exception of Clan Skryre, I hate almost everything about them. If someone enjoys them and Skaven make them happy - I guess I'm happy for you and I hope that you get new fun stuff to play with. But I personally would gladly send Skaven and Chaos Dwarves into oblivion if we could get back Bretonnia and Tomb Kings instead. 

If reading this made someone sad or angry - I'm sorry! I just felt like I needed to put this out there. And it's not like there's not lots of hating on Stormcast or Lumineth, so.. 😅

Edited by Maogrim
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I know this is the Rumour Thread but I just wanted to shout out all you incredible lads and ladettes for the amazing time I've spent here since I've joined, with that I'm pleased to announce that today I'll be getting married!! KingBrodd will be marrying his Queen ❤

Amazing news! Congrats to my best internet comrade in plastic arms.

Hopefully GW catches wind and creates a celebratory model for the best AOS fan! 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

6 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I only hope the Queen looks better than your typical Mega-Gargant does, King! ;)

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I wanted to add my congratulation to the deluge of notifications that await you, heheh. Congratulations on your marriage and happily-ever-afters! May your dice rolls be blessed and joint megagargant purchases be plentiful.

• LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, Laststand said:

Clan rats are actually very easy and quick to paint in large batches.

They are very small models and there are a fair few guides out there for speed painting them. Painting 20 from start to finish in an evening is a perfectly reasonable goal and you only need 60 to fulfill battleline for a 2k army. There are loads of cool other units like bells and wheels to add. 

Or play Skryre and have a small elite army of amazing looking stormfiends. 

i mean so are a lot of other Horde units, i would argue Ghouls, Night Goblins, Mortek guards, and Tyranid Gaunts are just as easy if not even more easier then Clanrats

it just playing even half the amount of horde units is where people realize that it not very fun to play or for your opponent to play against.

• Confused 2

9 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Enjoy this new chapter of your life @KingBrodd! I wish you nothing but happiness your Swoleness.

• LOVE IT! 1

9 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Congratulations! 

Good luck to you both :)

• LOVE IT! 1

43 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Alright, since @KingBrodd is off pledging his soul to another human being, I must ask if anyone has heard any rumors regarding Mawtribes in addition to my usual Chaos Dwarf question.

You actually don't have to ask if anyone has heard any rumors, they'll be posted here.... In the rumor thread.  You can search it just scroll through a few pages to the last time someone talked about it.  Tl;Dr there aren't any, other than gw implied dark duardin are coming at some point

GW started using that for Dominion; its likely going to get rolled out a lot. It's part of their means to try and cut down casual scalpers and also to cut down on the site being crashed by sudden heavy user spikes after the mess that was Indomitus last year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Congrats, mate! My best wishes to both of you.

• LOVE IT! 1

50 minutes ago, Overread said:

GW started using that for Dominion; its likely going to get rolled out a lot. It's part of their means to try and cut down casual scalpers and also to cut down on the site being crashed by sudden heavy user spikes after the mess that was Indomitus last year. 

Judging by the amount of Beast Snagga boxes on Ebay and them selling out in literally two minutes, it doesn't look to have worked too well. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Maogrim said:

Skaven are just hideous. They are vile and disgusting creatures with vile and disgusting lore and I shall never forgive them. *snip* And it's not like there's not lots of hating on Stormcast or Lumineth, so.. 😅

Holy baloney, Batman, this is my evil tasteless twin! 😱😉 The hate for Lumineth is like totally justified though! 🤪

18 hours ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Honestly, painting hundreds of similar-looking ratmen does that. Skaven would be a lot more popular if Horde armies wouldn't be tedious to paint (and purchasing them wouldn't be so expensive!), especially for beginners.

Nah man, it’s the most intense and interesting, while still pretty easy to do job.

nothing beats, painting a 100 or more clanrats per day.

14 hours ago, Maogrim said:

1)Skaven are just hideous. They are vile and disgusting creatures with vile and disgusting lore and I shall never forgive them for stealing as many fortresses from the Dwarves as they did. 

2)I don't know, but, with the exception of Clan Skryre, I hate almost everything about them. If someone enjoys them and Skaven make them happy - I guess I'm happy for you and I hope that you get new fun stuff to play with. But I personally would gladly send Skaven and Chaos Dwarves into oblivion if we could get back Bretonnia and Tomb Kings instead. 

3)If reading this made someone sad or angry - I'm sorry! I just felt like I needed to put this out there. And it's not like there's not lots of hating on Stormcast or Lumineth, so.. 😅

1) mate I could say exactly this for every other non skaven faction,

Why do you think everything non skaven is called a thing?

(b’cause we don’t approve of their existence😝)

2)Skaven are an amazing army, if you removed every part of it except skryre, they would just get boring and uninteresting.

3) I wouldn’t mind sending the new bone-things and the hated poster-things into oblivion (for a week) just to see brets and tomb kings to show up again.

12 hours ago, novakai said:

1) I mean so are a lot of other Horde units, i would argue Ghouls, Night Goblins, Mortek guards, and Tyranid Gaunts are just as easy if not even more easier then Clanrats

2) it just playing even half the amount of horde units is where people realize that it not very fun to play or for your opponent to play against.

1)yes, there are a lot of other horde unit models, that are easier to paint then clanrats, yet they aren’t as much fun as painting clanrats.

2) nah man, with the new ruleset, playing hordes and hordes of clanrats got a lot more interesting.

With the new coherency rules, having those base-thingies that can move a ton of models at once, can now really be used a lot of the time, without having to be scared of doing too many mistakes.

Also nothing beats the look on a guy who has to fight a 120clanrats.

I love playing hordes and hordes of clanrats, especially in this new edition.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1