The Rumour Thread

51 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

If they’re only doing 2 days of silhouettes I assume they aren’t showing much.

I’m not sure that’s a gator, it looks more like a hunched creature to me. It would be pretty small otherwise I think.

yeah the way they are doing is a bit bizarre compare to regular preview 

i wouldn't be surprise if they held back on saturaday and they reveal the rest of the other new stuff at a late preview show and just drag they hype cycle a bit more

Edited by novakai
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chikout said:

The bizarre is the biggest draw for me. I want to see something I could never have imagined. Won't stop me guessing though.  Maybe it will look like this?264544821_images(7).jpeg.6efaabb569d676fb943a2ad35cdb2d45.jpeg

Oh hell yes, that's the trick. There's a whole range of prehistoric 'horse-crocs' or long-legged terrestrial crocodilians, that could be a way to think about this. Just these roaring lanky nightmares bursting out of the vegetation and galloping towards you.

Whether or not GW actually drew on these beasts, well.

1zcqy7n9ljx41.png

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 6

48 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Oh hell yes, that's the trick. There's a whole range of prehistoric 'horse-crocs' or long-legged terrestrial crocodilians, that could be a way to think about this. Just these roaring lanky nightmares bursting out of the vegetation and galloping towards you.

Whether or not GW actually drew on these beasts, well.

1zcqy7n9ljx41.png

The Ever-changing Image of the World's Largest Predatory Dinosaur | by  Panos Grigorakakis | Tales of Prehistory | Jun, 2021 | Medium

Looking at the bottom jaw in the silhouette, it has a very distinctive curved lower jaw tip with protruding teeth. reminds me of a Spinosaurus skull. But the GW Troglodon model is already based on that creature, so 'Im betting its their rendition of a fantasy sarcosuchus or other giant prehistoric crocodile. 

Whatever its modeled after, It appears to be a large predatory beast with that looks like scaffolding on its back and two "crow cages" where the Kruelboyz can store prisoners/snacks for their mount.  I wonder if it will have the TOTEM keyword? I hope it has a poisonous breath weapon. 

Here's a Sarcosuchus skull for fun:

Top 6 largest prehistoric crocodiles - Our Planet

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

I know everyone is screaming about gators...but...

That preview picture looks like the Hobgrot cavalry unit we've been hearing about. It's an armored gnashtooth and has cages for slaves (to be traded to the Chaos dwarves as per the lore).

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

11 minutes ago, Mutton said:

That preview picture looks like the Hobgrot cavalry unit we've been hearing about. It's an armored gnashtooth and has cages for slaves (to be traded to the Chaos dwarves as per the lore).

Ooooo, perhaps a Hobgrot hero?! 

I keep forgetting about the rumoured hobgrot cavalry, oh a canny wait! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

The Ever-changing Image of the World's Largest Predatory Dinosaur | by  Panos Grigorakakis | Tales of Prehistory | Jun, 2021 | Medium

Looking at the bottom jaw in the silhouette, it has a very distinctive curved lower jaw tip with protruding teeth. reminds me of a Spinosaurus skull. But the GW Troglodon model is already based on that creature, so 'Im betting its their rendition of a fantasy sarcosuchus or other giant prehistoric crocodile. 

Whatever its modeled after, It appears to be a large predatory beast with that looks like scaffolding on its back and two "crow cages" where the Kruelboyz can store prisoners/snacks for their mount.  I wonder if it will have the TOTEM keyword? I hope it has a poisonous breath weapon. 

Here's a Sarcosuchus skull for fun:

Top 6 largest prehistoric crocodiles - Our Planet

So what you’re saying is that the New Orleans and Florida player base is gonna have a lot of conversion on their hands? 

11 minutes ago, Mutton said:

Both would be acceptable to me at this point.

#GATORGANG

#Chaos Dwarfs

13 minutes ago, Mutton said:

Its got the feel of a centerpiece model, those two prisoner crow cages on its back necessitate hat its a larger miniature than a standard mount. And with a name like sludgeraker, it implies something different than a gnashtooth.  It could be a giant Gnashtooth, though it seems a waste of a development slot, when they could have hobgrots or kruelboyz riding a 5 man squad of normal gnashtooths. 

Guys, it’s unfortunately not a gator. It’s not Hobgrot either, the dude is in the Orruk garb and the beast is covered in the same spiky bits as the Killaboss on Gnashtoof.

So it’ll be Orruk but, while I’d love to be wrong, I’m fairly certain it’s not the rumoured gator, it’s certainly a beast of some kind though.

Admittedly it's just a silhouette but the rider looks more like a kruleboy ork than a hobgrot to my eyes. Lots of rags and bent spikes, not much like the tidy-ish dwarf-forged hobgrot gear we've seen so far.

Given the cage, some link to this 'Gitsnatcherz' subfaction maybe? If those are traditional subfactions and not divisions of units (like the Grundstok units for KO) then maybe this is the preferred mount of Gitsnatcherz warlords or something.

20 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

Guys, it’s unfortunately not a gator. It’s not Hobgrot either, the dude is in the Orruk garb and the beast is covered in the same spiky bits as the Killaboss on Gnashtoof.

So it’ll be Orruk but, while I’d love to be wrong, I’m fairly certain it’s not the rumoured gator, it’s certainly a beast of some kind though.

I'd like to point out that the orruk models don't have clawed hands. Hobgrots do.

And here's another way to look at it. What we think is a creatures head on the lower left, is actually part of a larger siege machine. With bodies pinned to it , hung from the spikes, like the tongue on the Kruelboys hero totem. That row of symmetrical spikes could be the top of a gibblet, with a body stuck on there spread-eagle. two of those dangling sillhouettes look an awfully lot like human thighs and calves. This whole thing could be some nasty scaffold system of a war machine. Could even be sitting on top of a huge gator we cant see in the picture.

Or its a Hobgrot taskmaster on a warwagon, being pulled by captured humanoids from Excelsis. :😁

image.png.0c357d555bb07c84122ccbfe86b18bb8.png

But boy oh boy, does that lookllike a pair of Jaws

image.png.8d833fb050fbe4463bfd23e9b0ac2049.png

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Given the cage, some link to this 'Gitsnatcherz' subfaction maybe? If those are traditional subfactions and not divisions of units

After reading the lore in the amberstone watch booklet, I actually believe gitsnatcherz is a culture division of the army much like names such as deffspikaz, while their subfactions have names in the style of “weeping fang”

Could be wrong though.

Edited by Whitefang
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius501 said:

could honestly be the flying beast.  a lot of GW dragons are spindly things.  it's possible there are wings lower down and it is the mouth of mork or whatever.

• Like 1