The Rumour Thread

12 minutes ago, Lowki said:

Just wondering, taking indomitus as an example, how big are the chances any of these models will be exclusive for the Dominion box?

Is there any indomitus model not sold separately or via one of the (unlimited) starterboxes?

Still very much in doubt if I should buy Dominion (or well...try to buy)  or not. I definately like the Boyz a lot, but I can do without new plastic at the moment, so much else to finish first, and if thats finished I really like to get the gravelords first . I think the changes on SCE are good improvements, and I like them, but chances are low I will ever built and paint them. So probably best for me to skip this one (despit it is likely to be much value for your money) and start collecting the Boyz later. But if there is anything in teh box that I can't get by that time, things might be different. 

You can get all of the models from Indomitus either through the other starters, or through a set each for Necrons and Marines that have all the models not included in the starters, but those sets are very expensive:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Space-Marines-Honoured-Of-The-Chapter-2021
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Necrons-Royal-Court-2021

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

Reading that unboxing... whoever finishes deploying first has to take the first turn, so... one drop lists are not necessarily actually good now? Or am I getting the wrong end of the stick here?

Big if true. I'll probably build for high drops in some of my lists if that is the case.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JustAsPlanned said:

So according to the MWG unboxing of Dominion “...the core book says we will get a series of books each dedicated to different realms and containing the rules to run your Path to Glory campaigns in those environments, presumably with bespoke territories and upgrades that reflect the buildings and cities in those realms. "

You all know what that means?

Realm supplements. 

I know this is probably a ploy by GW to sell more books, but I’ll be DAMNED if this isn’t what I’ve been wanting since the start of AoS! Realm supplements! Think of all the potential worldbuilding and lore they can do! I’ve had a few gripes about 3e but this has placated, I’m well and truly hyped now.

This sounds amazing!! I really hope that their chock full of lore, if they're mostly rule supplements I'll have to pass but I'm so glad they're still pumping out lore.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

Optimist is my middle name.

if i was being realistic I’d say two to four minutes with 90% of people being held in the que for 30-45 minutes only to be spat out afterwords as the website melts down.

The queue system is easily exploitable. Its a band aid over the problem anyway- sat in a virtual queue or refreshing a broken web page has the same end result where the user can't buy the product they want. All GW have done by implementing queue is invite even more traffic as it doesn't take anything fancy to reserve multiple spots for yourself in the queue- No VPN, no scripts, no Bots. Just what most people have installed on their PC anyway. 

The Queue also shifts the blame with issues on to the community. A broken webpage is GW fault. Long queue times is seen as it being down to it being so popular- the fault of the community. They use queue as its 'psychologically' a more positive customer experience than seeing a broken webpage, even though the end result is identical.

The fact that its so easily exploitable that queue times are going to be be even longer than last week is too much for me. I've better things to be doing on a weekend than sitting in a virtual queue and I certainly won't be buying anything from this release at the increased price when they piecemeal it in a few weeks time. I love those new orc minis but I'm spending the money I'd have done on this release and brought a ton more oathmark plastics. My group would have stuck with 1st Ed rules anyway but we'd have used a lot of the more narrative elements of this edition, as well as all the new models including buying more of the new orcs as they get their stand-alone release. We all agreed that sitting in a queue for a 'chance' at buying the set isn't worth the time lost.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

Reading that unboxing... whoever finishes deploying first has to take the first turn, so... one drop lists are not necessarily actually good now? Or am I getting the wrong end of the stick here?

Guerrilla Miniature Games is saying that you roll off, and lowest drops wins ties... Wonder what is correct?! 😮 

34 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

I read it as whoever drops first has "Priority", meaning gets the decision, but need to see what "Priority" means.

Remember you're reading someone's interpretation, anything not an image of rules cannot be taken literally.

Ok, so we now have three versions of this rule floating around:

• Finish dropping first, go first.
  • Finish dropping first, choose who goes first.
  • Finish dropping first, win ties on initial priority roll.

Surely someone can get the clarification on which it is? :D

I'd *prefer* it was the last one - gives one-drops a reason to exist, but just gives an edge rather than an assured and significant advantage.

Just now, Acrozatarim said:

Ok, so we now have three versions of this rule floating around:

• Finish dropping first, go first.
  • Finish dropping first, choose who goes first.
  • Finish dropping first, win ties on initial priority roll.

Surely someone can get the clarification on which it is? :D

I'd *prefer* it was the last one - gives one-drops a reason to exist, but just gives an edge rather than an assured and significant advantage.

As far as I can tell, people are saying it's not yet clear whether it's version 1 or 2 of the rule, and that version 3 is for some battle packs that are not matched play.

"Duardin paymasters" on the hobgrot card...it's really happening! They wouldn't just keep mentioning Chaos (or Destruction?) Duardin this much unless they had something planned, right?

As for Hobgrots not being a battleline, I'm half expecting a Hobgrot hero being released after the Dominion box that allows Hobgrots as battle line - or perhaps more thematically, have it be a Kruleboy packmaster herding the Hobgrots towards the enemy.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

"Duardin paymasters" on the hobgrot card...it's really happening! They wouldn't just keep mentioning Chaos (or Destruction?) Duardin this much unless they had something planned, right?

As for Hobgrots not being a battleline, I'm half expecting a Hobgrot hero being released after the Dominion box that allows Hobgrots as battle line - or perhaps more thematically, have it be a Kruleboy packmaster herding the Hobgrots towards the enemy.

Here's some more hope, in the form of very blurry text 😛

Screenshot_20210614-095142_Reddit.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

44 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Here's some more hope, in the form of very blurry text 😛

Screenshot_20210614-095142_Reddit.jpg

5 minutes ago, FFJump said:

Have even more hope!image.png.e18ae7407f3b30aac6013c92445821f4.png

20 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!!!!

DawiZharrPog.png

So happy for you and the other Chaos Duardin lovers mate!! Only a matter of time until an official announcement will be made for their release!! I'm guessing 2022.

• Like 2

Am I the only one a little worried about the balance between Kruleboyz and Stormcast? I’m fine with armies getting rolled back a bit, that’s great for the game. But compared to the Kruleboyz, the Stormcast look scary. The Hobgrots seem pretty lacklustre as well without any army traits. Much concern 🤔

3 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

Am I the only one a little worried about the balance between Kruleboyz and Stormcast? I’m fine with armies getting rolled back a bit, that’s great for the game. But compared to the Kruleboyz, the Stormcast look scary. The Hobgrots seem pretty lacklustre as well without any army traits. Much concern 🤔

I think the points are not really matched and you could basically take out Yndrasta and have roughly the same points? (possibly a more balanced game?)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, FFJump said:

Have even more hope!image.png.e18ae7407f3b30aac6013c92445821f4.png

Thank you!!!! I have no doubt in my mind that Chaos Duardin are incoming in the future - they are just too tied close to the Hobgrots to be a nothingburger-

16 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

So happy for you and the other Chaos Duardin lovers mate!! Only a matter of time until an official announcement will be made for their release!! I'm guessing 2022.

2022 would be perfect 😍 The 4chan 'leak' said 2023 but I'm not sure I entirely believe it - and considering Chaos is the only grand alliance without a totally 'new' faction (Hedonites being mostly new, but still a faction rooted in WHFB-era units) I think Chaos Duardin would fit perfectly!

10 minutes ago, SunStorm said:

"entire hobgrot Empires" - Hopefully we'll see more Hobgrot units, mounted troops, warmachines, etc. 

Didn't an older rumour talk about wolf riders? Wouldn't be surprised if we'd get at least them and maybe a hero (support or not) for Hobgrots. After all, the Slittaz have the HOBGROT keyword which points to more releases/having a rule for Chaos Dwarves that they can take HOBGROT units which automatically replaces the DESTRUCTION keyword with CHAOS.

• LOVE IT! 2

11 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Thank you!!!! I have no doubt in my mind that Chaos Duardin are incoming in the future - they are just too tied close to the Hobgrots to be a nothingburger-

2022 would be perfect 😍 The 4chan 'leak' said 2023 but I'm not sure I entirely believe it - and considering Chaos is the only grand alliance without a totally 'new' faction (Hedonites being mostly new, but still a faction rooted in WHFB-era units) I think Chaos Duardin would fit perfectly!

Didn't an older rumour talk about wolf riders? Wouldn't be surprised if we'd get at least them and maybe a hero (support or not) for Hobgrots. After all, the Slittaz have the HOBGROT keyword which points to more releases/having a rule for Chaos Dwarves that they can take HOBGROT units which automatically replaces the DESTRUCTION keyword with CHAOS.

If Chaos is to expand they literally HAVE to be Chaos Duardin as they're the only other Chaos aligned Faction that has been mentioned now multiple times that does not exist. They're in the Sons of Behemat Battletome and no doubt in the Kruelboyz/Orruk Warclans 3.0 as well. 

2.0 for Order was the time of the Aelves and now 3.0 seems to be the time of Duardin with Grungni stepping into the light and Chaos Duardin on the horizon!!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

13 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

The dream mate. 

THE DREEEEAAAAAMMM

LETS GOOOOOOO.