The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Mutton said:

This is really going to suck for larger base-sized units. They're essentially losing half of the attacks of a unit because they have to sit in a second rank behind the front. My ogors are crying.

Cavalry might want to charge with the side of the oval, so the second row can engage.

I'm also interested what happens with a staggered line, where they don't line up exactly, but are not far enough back to be out of reach.

1 hour ago, WHYGW said:

The annihilator can now perform a 7-inch deep strike. 

This means that their Deep Strike Mortal Wound can be coated in a range of 3".

If you add Gabriel, you can charge 4+.

Finally, when they die, they roll 9 dice, coat them with 5+, and disappear.

From beginning to end, MW!

I can hear their points go up. 

By the way, the Imperatant's close-up shot is awesome! Lord celestants are crying.

KGvvUGd0yMe5NxFc.jpg

With their reroll on charge rolls, Anihilators have an 82.6% chance to make a 7-inch charge. Falls to a 66%.0 chance if they kill the nearest models with the mortal wounds on drop and have to charge 8 inches instead. With a +1 to charge (From hallowed knights allegiance, e.g.), it's 92.3%, with +3 it's 99.3%.

33 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I feel Cavalry, Ogors, Trogoths and Bullgors are going to particularly feel the sting.

Throggoths have 2" range, and bases slightly smaller than 2" so they should be mostely fine. Gluttons less so

24 minutes ago, Mutton said:

They did the impossible and made 25mm infantry even more valuable than they are now--and every other base size lament their existence.

It certainly looks that way right now, maybe there will be something else, that will influence that?

EDIT: like point increases perhaps?

If not it's time to stock on Marauders and Phoenix Guard

Edited by Boar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, EnumaEilish said:

With their reroll on charge rolls, Anihilators have an 82.6% chance to make a 7-inch charge. Falls to a 66%.0 chance if they kill the nearest models with the mortal wounds on drop and have to charge 8 inches instead. With a +1 to charge (From hallowed knights allegiance, e.g.), it's 92.3%, with +3 it's 99.3%.

bonuses are capped at +1 though, unless that is only for saves and battleshock

I like how GW is steadily making strings of infantry less and less viable. Though a part of me is wondering if we are going to end up with complex rules that basically end up with units fighting almost like they are in rank and file style all the time. 

When you couple it with the change to points whereby you no longer get a bonus for full units; it does seem to suggest that GW might be building a system that favours smaller units of big models and larger units of smaller ones. That said they might make smaller ones more susceptible to ranged fire and such. 

Interesting times are coming it seems!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Overread said:

I like how GW is steadily making strings of infantry less and less viable. Though a part of me is wondering if we are going to end up with complex rules that basically end up with units fighting almost like they are in rank and file style all the time. 

When you couple it with the change to points whereby you no longer get a bonus for full units; it does seem to suggest that GW might be building a system that favours smaller units of big models and larger units of smaller ones. That said they might make smaller ones more susceptible to ranged fire and such. 

Interesting times are coming it seems!

What it's gonna end up being is that nothing on a 32mm base or bigger is going to be in a unit larger than 10. 40mm larger than 5.

This rule sort of works in 40k because of 2" coherency. In sigmar it's just going to punt a bunch of stuff out of the game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fred1245 said:

What it's gonna end up being is that nothing on a 32mm base or bigger is going to be in a unit larger than 10. 40mm larger than 5.

This rule sort of works in 40k because of 2" coherency. In sigmar it's just going to punt a bunch of stuff out of the game.

Depends, we might see some kind of combat system that supports separate units uniting their attacks as if one unit; for example. 

We could also see more 2 or 3 inch weapons appear for models on larger bases and such. 

There are ways that it can be dealt with; but ultimately it is going to change things. One bonus is that it will start to stop letting people just do long strings of troops covering huge swathes of the table

1 minute ago, Overread said:

Depends, we might see some kind of combat system that supports separate units uniting their attacks as if one unit; for example. 

We could also see more 2 or 3 inch weapons appear for models on larger bases and such. 

There are ways that it can be dealt with; but ultimately it is going to change things. One bonus is that it will start to stop letting people just do long strings of troops covering huge swathes of the table

That's actually something it doesn't stop. As long as you have a 25mm base, you can still do that no problem. 

As a rule it really only effects large units of large models.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fred1245 said:

Wouldn't that mean rend would be capped at -1?

It depends on how such a rule is worded.

If it's a global rule about modifiers, then yes Rend is capped at -1 since it is a modifier to save rolls.

If it's a targeted rule about hit/wound rolls, then no Rend is excluded because it has nothing to do with hit or wound rolls.

It could also specify save rolls but specifically exclude Rend.

5 minutes ago, PJetski said:

It depends on how such a rule is worded.

If it's a global rule about modifiers, then yes Rend is capped at -1 since it is a modifier to save rolls.

If it's a targeted rule about hit/wound rolls, then no Rend is excluded because it has nothing to do with hit or wound rolls.

It could also specify save rolls but specifically exclude Rend.

I was referring to the specific scenario the previous commentor presented. He specified that it did affect saves. It's been a while since I saw the article in question that mentioned the caps and wasn't sure if saves had been specifically mentioned.

As it turns out, I AM aware that if the rule doesn't cap saves, saves would in fact not be capped. Thank you.

3 hours ago, EnumaEilish said:

I thought it was capped at one bonus. Gavriel Sureheart gives +3 to charge rolls, at least in second edition.

oh that would make more sense

2 hours ago, Fred1245 said:

the way i read it, base profile could be -3 rend BUT it could only ever go to -4 being buffed. so no -6 rend etc. didn't realize that was not confirmed though, too much info lol

3 hours ago, Fred1245 said:

I don't think that should be the case.

It would make the divide between mortal wounds and normal damage even bigger, and it isn't an extra rule doing this, just the core one.

It might prevent rend stacking.

I don't think it's time to start panicking just yet. The coherency rule is an import from 40k. It wouldn't surprise me if this rule gets imported too. Screenshot_20210608-084334.png.e00318cc46e8a2eb712c5517971a518b.png

This would let a second rank of minis fight as well and might explain why the Soulblight lances are only range 1. 

As for the Stormcast there's no reason why Gavriel's warscroll won't change. 

Every other rule we've seen so far looks like it was quite carefully thought out. Hopefully that is maintained throughout the new core rules. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Fred1245 said:

That's actually something it doesn't stop. As long as you have a 25mm base, you can still do that no problem. 

As a rule it really only effects large units of large models.

Not really. Even if you have 25mm bases touching each other, the last model on each side needs to be positioned in a triangle to be within 1” of 2 models. And then the moment you take 1 casualty and remove one of those from the triangle, the new end model is only within 1” of 1 model… so coherency strikes and you remove from the chain until you’re down to 5 models.

Of course you can still chain them basically 2 deep in a tight zig-zag formation, but it greatly reduces the efficiency of screens. They can still be effective, but now your screen has to be twice as large model-wise to cover about the same area.

Regarding Kruleboyz, if they were getting their own book, why would GW be so coy about it? Why refer to a completely separate battletome every time just because the loophole in the rules lets you bring them together? Why wouldn't they just say they're getting their own book?

Every sign we've seen points to them being a Warclans expansion. I get that's a worst-case-scenario for a lot of people, but believing otherwise just seems like denial.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Siphon said:

If the 25mm model is on the end in a chain it’s still within 1 inch of two models.  An inch is roughly 25.4 mm and so the 1 inch range covers the model directly next to it and the one on the opposite side.  

Touché 😂

29 minutes ago, KriticalKhan said:

Regarding Kruleboyz, if they were getting their own book, why would GW be so coy about it? Why refer to a completely separate battletome every time just because the loophole in the rules lets you bring them together? Why wouldn't they just say they're getting their own book?

Every sign we've seen points to them being a Warclans expansion. I get that's a worst-case-scenario for a lot of people, but believing otherwise just seems like denial.

Because sometimes what GW does dosent make sense.  They love to push books though so I wouldnt be surprised if Kruleboyz has their own Battletome and then a year later are rolled into Warclans. 

Or even the other way around with Warclans first then Kruleboyz getting a separate one with a second wave of stuff like squig-warg cavalry.

And honestly I could see Warclans hitting first just because 80% of the Coherency fears are coming from Ironjawz cavalry players. So a tome drop for quick warscrolls change to fit the new smaller cavalry focus could be in the cards for the massive greenskins.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Siphon said:

If the 25mm model is on the end in a chain it’s still within 1 inch of two models.  An inch is roughly 25.4 mm and so the 1 inch range covers the model directly next to it and the one on the opposite side.  

the most powerful base size