The Rumour Thread

12 minutes ago, acr0ssth3p0nd said:

On one hand, my Sylvaneth are costed to take my faction terrain into account - without it, we're done!

On the other hand, that does mean that high-level play now forces enemy monsters to make tough decisions - do they boost their monster or try to take out my terrain?

it depends on the situation, unless you got 4+ monsters (in wich case you have the number disadvantage for objectives) you will be pretty hard pressed to use the others too 

10 minutes ago, acr0ssth3p0nd said:

I kinda wish they made all heroic actions and monstrous rampages require a bravery check, would actually make debuffs real spicy.

No thanks. Bravery is already a one-way golden ticket of have's and have nots. Destruction players really don't need the extra shin kicking.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mutton said:

No thanks. Bravery is already a one-way golden ticket of have's and have nots. Destruction players really don't need the extra shin kicking.

It would also make the +1 bravery from Kragnos a useful ability, and we can't be having that

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, novakai said:

well some hero monster with high bravery can now reliably heal d3 every hero phase (including enemies) if you choice so (Teclis, Greater daemons, Kragnos, Archeon, to name a few)

It comes at the tradeoff of using Their Finest Hour with that hero (or another hero) or getting an extra command point on a 4+, and it's not guaranteed you pass the Bravery check, so I think that's fine.

2 minutes ago, Enoby said:

One thing I do like is how, with monsters being able to turn commands off, battleshock becomes a thing again.

It only effects the following combat phase, and Inspiring Presence is activated in the battleshock phase

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Enoby said:

One thing I do like is how, with monsters being able to turn commands off, battleshock becomes a thing again.

no, it only for the following combat phase (which is good since there are a lot of combat phase CAs) not battleshock phase 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

I like the look of these at first glance, but I'd like some clarification:

A benefit for your generals and totems is a larger command range? Cool, sounds good.

But, what's the point of a larger command range if unit leaders can use commands? Obviously in niche situations like targeted model removal, but otherwise the unit leader will always be in range and most units have a leader. Obviously this only matters for the generic command abilities (because a unit doesn't have their unique ones), but it still seems odd (especially as warscroll command abilities already have their own range).

Maybe heroes will have access to different command abilities? 

I know it has already been mentioned that warscrolls have command abilities unique to specific units, so that's one benefit. There are also a small amount of units that don't have champions (squig herds, fanatics, and the trogoths just off the top of my head)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PJetski said:

It comes at the tradeoff of using Their Finest Hour with that hero (or another hero) or getting an extra command point on a 4+, and it's not guaranteed you pass the Bravery check, so I think that's fine.

true though finest hour is once per battle so it something you want to use at the right time.

some hero with bravery ten are the most reliable character for Heroic recovery

i do like their a chance of failure on some of these abilities

1 minute ago, novakai said:

true though finest hour is once per battle so it something you want to use at the right time.

some hero with bravery ten are the most reliable character for Heroic recovery

i do like their a chance of failure on some of these abilities

Once per battle per hero. Use TFH with a hero one turn, then another on the next turn, and then another on the 3rd turn.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Beliman said:

8 monstruous rampage each charge phase seems crazy and fun. I just need some monsters for my KOs...

i believe you can only use four since there only 4 listed you can use once per charge phase unless there are more of them we didn't see

4 minutes ago, novakai said:

i believe you can only use four since there only 4 listed you can use once per charge phase unless there are more of them we didn't see

He refers to 4 from you and 4 from your enemy. So 8 in total per charge phase.

They confirmed some of these rules will have additions in battletomes, so we may see extra monster rampages that allow more than 4 in some armies.

Edited by Yoid
  • Like 1

A free 4 abilities a round seems extremely powerful, especially with where they are in the round. 

Gonna be interesting to see if the new battalions boost up monsters, because if so, can definitely see monster-focused armies becoming top tier.

It's gonna be interesting to see just how the new battleplans shape out - if we do shift to a more 'heroes and monsters are the new bread and butter', can see armies like Ogors, Gitz and Sons becoming absolute monsters. 

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

pretty happy with all these changes as a Sons player

core battalions could benefits us because we have no battalions before

heroic abilities give us a chance to get an extra CP, another chance to dispel magic, maybe heal, where previously we where limited on all these fronts.

Finest hour work really well with Megagargants

and basically all the Monstrous Rampage benefits all our units on the field

• Like 4

1 hour ago, novakai said:

well some hero monster with high bravery can now reliably heal d3 every hero phase (including enemies) if you choice so (Teclis, Greater daemons, Kragnos, Archeon, to name a few)

Agreed! And my Skalok I just purchased already heals 😂 loving these changes

I'm looking forward to seeing how they expand this new hero/monster action system in battletomes

• New monster actions, like a Troggoth puking up bile to deal D3 mortal wounds to an enemy within 6", or a Magmadroth doing a tail whip to 
  • Add 1 to dice roll for Roar and Smash to Rubble
  • Generate D3 command points with Heroic Leadership instead of 1
  • This HERO can use two heroic actions per turn
  • This MONSTER can be selected to perform two rampages each phase
  • This MONSTER can always use stomp even if another monster used it
  • When this MONSTER uses stomp you can select two units instead of 1
  • This HERO can use Their Finest Hour twice per game
  • When this HERO uses Their Finest Hour they can reroll hit and wound rolls

What else do you think they could do with this system?

• Like 1

Just now, PJetski said:

I'm looking forward to seeing how they expand this new hero/monster action system in battletomes

• New monster actions, like a Troggoth puking up bile to deal D3 mortal wounds to an enemy within 6", or a Magmadroth doing a tail whip to 
  • Add 1 to dice roll for Roar and Smash to Rubble
  • Generate D3 command points with Heroic Leadership instead of 1
  • This HERO can use two heroic actions per turn
  • This MONSTER can be selected to perform two rampages each phase
  • This MONSTER can always use stomp even if another monster used it
  • When this MONSTER uses stomp you can select two units instead of 1
  • This HERO can use Their Finest Hour twice per game
  • When this HERO uses Their Finest Hour they can reroll hit and wound rolls

What else do you think they could do with this system?

Honestly, I'd rather it stays as is. It's another rules area that GW will have to balance and they will mess it up at some point, guaranteed, creating another area of haves and have nots.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dankboss said:

Honestly, I'd rather it stays as is. It's another rules area that GW will have to balance and they will mess it up at some point, guaranteed, creating another area of haves and have nots.

You know they will, eventually.

I think they will expand more into adding one heroic action and monstrous rampage into the set of allegiance abilities of each army. We may see some of these abilities tied to sub-factions too.

And by the lore of Stormcast Eternals I think they will have some form of rule that buff heroic actions reworked into their allegiance abilities. Something like performing two each turn instead of one.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CitizenX said:

I know it has already been mentioned that warscrolls have command abilities unique to specific units, so that's one benefit. There are also a small amount of units that don't have champions (squig herds, fanatics, and the trogoths just off the top of my head)

Actually looking through some warscrolls, currently the vast majority of units don't have 'champions'. I mean they do, but they're not actually called champions. They usually have a flavorful name like Chieftan, Skullseeker, Wrathmaster, etc. Going through the soulblight warscrolls it looks like they've all got champions specifically called out, so I'm assuming we're going to get a massive swathe of warscroll updates to go along with the new release. I'm curious if they'll actually translate all of the current unit leaders to be champions, or if some might get left out intentionally to give you variety in what can use a command and what can't. For example, maybe the Blissbringer in a unit of Fiends isn't specifically called a Champion because they can't talk/issue commands. 

Edited by Grimrock