The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Jeremierty said:

Kruel boy spotted ?? :)

The stromcast definitely looks like part of the new wave (and he looks awesooooome ❤️ )

Really loving the art style of this AOS animation !

Screenshot_2021-05-22-19-21-30-663_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Screenshot_2021-05-22-19-20-32-743_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

looks definitely like a 'skinny LOTR orc' 

WE GOT A KRUELBOY LADS

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Jeremierty said:

Kruel boy spotted ?? :)

The stromcast definitely looks like part of the new wave (and he looks awesooooome ❤️ )

Really loving the art style of this AOS animation !

Screenshot_2021-05-22-19-21-30-663_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Screenshot_2021-05-22-19-20-32-743_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

that gobbo looks underwhelmingly basic for aos to be honest

• Confused 1

I'm genuinely confused at who at GW thought that Warhammer might be able to support an entire streaming platform when they're competiting against competitors like Amazon or Netflix or Disney

They look alright - but I'd be very surprised if this turns out a profitable venture when most of us are already forking out for streaming services and, if we're not, 'lending' someone elses... 

Funny, the (presumably) Blacktalon shots look about the highest quality of the lot despite everything else being 40k.

2 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

I'm genuinely confused at who at GW thought that Warhammer might be able to support an entire streaming platform when they're competiting against competitors like Amazon or Netflix or Disney

They look alright - but I'd be very surprised if this turns out a profitable venture when most of us are already forking out for streaming services and, if we're not, 'lending' someone elses... 

Much like their 40k App, I imagine they're banking on hardcore brand loyalty GW has, combined with the whales who will put down money for literally anything with an official Games Workshop(tm) logo branded onto it to see them through to profit and then some. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic

I admit seems just a regular skinny orc.

Not even an Hobgoblin...still not even somewhat "swampy" the armor seems the standard of the old orcs and goblins of whfb.

Nice catch though.

Still 3/4 of the things are for 40k as expected...still it seems in the trailer i saw Mannfred for a second?

I hope that with the series about different episodes for different things they could give some focus on aos interesting characters.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, pitzok said:

image.png.f54778595592c0fd4b90798405afa7a3.png

here's our new guy in better quality, ngl not a fan really

Agreed. I don't think "a race between an Orc and Goblin" were exactly being clamoured for, at least outside of a Chaos Dwarf army anyway.

I'm sure the models will look good, but if that's what we're getting... ehh, I'd have preferred Flmir.

• Like 3

This trailer.

So beautiful.

So dark.

So... Pure.

No nonsense. Just Warhammer.

I'm so impressed that they resisted the temptation to netflixize it, at least in the trailer.

If GW is really going down this path you have a faithful subscriber.

20 minutes ago, pitzok said:

image.png.f54778595592c0fd4b90798405afa7a3.png

here's our new guy in better quality, ngl not a fan really

Wow, this guy looks a lot more LotR than the Stormcast models look Bretonnian.

Seems... fine. Cloth/Leather/Hide armour, big oxidized shield, jagged bardiche. I can't see if the totem/antler thing is part of the helmet or comes from the shoulder.

It's not something that made my jaw drop but... I guess this is the "Freeguild Spearman" equivalent of the Krool Boyz, so we shouldn't expect too much. It also looks easy to paint, especially using contrast, and it's important for a starter set.

I'm excited to see the models!

Edited by Grotbag Scuttlers When
  • Like 2