The Rumour Thread

56 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Fireforge Games just launched a Kickstarter for their Fantasy Dwarfs.

The armour's a bit... 'human' for my tastes, but they're multipart plastics, so if you're looking for something more mundane in your Dispossessed they might interest you.

Oh and (funnily enough) they included mixed gender units if you wanted some female Dwarf bits.

While I personally wouldn't have my Dwarves like that, it would be good for a mixed Freeguild regiment since they have that empire aesthetic. Some swordsmen or halberdiers with dwarf men and women mixed in to create the diversity the Freeguild is supposed to have.

2 minutes ago, Mutton said:

I wouldn't ever read Warhammer Community/social media info to be anything but technically true.

That’s why I always take what they say with a grain of salt, and I try to either read between the lines or read the “technical” definition of what’s being said; I’ve learned not to get my hopes up too much with certain releases because GW has both pleasantly surprised or disappointed me in both extremes. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aeryenn said:

Edited.

Seems I accidentally caused anger in other forum members. Sorry.

I'm more so not fond of GW's love of the sidecut. Then again, it's the same company with a weird adoration for the top knot so I'll never see eye-to-eye with them on hairstyles.

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Fireforge Games just launched a Kickstarter for their Fantasy Dwarfs.

The armour's a bit... 'human' for my tastes, but they're multipart plastics, so if you're looking for something more mundane in your Dispossessed they might interest you.

Oh and (funnily enough) they included mixed gender units if you wanted some female Dwarf bits.

the scale looks perfect for Cities ! There are also spear options that would make the basic troop unit a perfect stand-in for Freeguild Guard
ef3aa55d15d41fa6a58d2af37956b0d3_origina

• LOVE IT! 1

43 minutes ago, Indecisive said:

I'm more so not fond of GW's love of the sidecut. Then again, it's the same company with a weird adoration for the top knot so I'll never see eye-to-eye with them on hairstyles.

I grew up in Nottingham. I remember a few of both ...

• Haha 1

GW: Shows female model

TGA: *Chaos Spawn Gibbering Noises*

Seriously though, we've done this whole topic like 1000 times.  Some of the female models look traditionally "pretty" and some don't.  Big deal.  They're all made-up creatures/species/races that are somehow linked to made-up deities in a made-up world.  I don't think they need anymore "make-up" than that (haha see what I did there?)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, willange said:

Seriously though, we've done this whole topic like 1000 times.  Some of the female models look traditionally "pretty" and some don't.  Big deal.  They're all made-up creatures/species/races that are somehow linked to made-up deities in a made-up world.  I don't think they need anymore "make-up" than that (haha see what I did there?)

Time is a flat circle.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Well...never thought I'd read that much about people being mad that their models are unattractive...

The Mega Gargant is a stunner no doubt.

Dad bods are definitely in season now in the mortal realms, can't wait for GW to start releasing Gargant and Ogor firefighter calendars!

Also I think the complaints are more that GW's range of female faces is too limited, either they're pretty or they look like men with no in-betweens, could be the paintjobs though as the 'Eavy metal style tends to highlight faces sharply, which makes it look more jagged and masculine. Its important to distinguish that feminine and masculine don't necessarily translate to attractive or unnattractive, and that you can make an unattractive face still look feminine (Troggoth hag is actually a pretty good example of it, even though she's not human).

I don't hate the face on the model, but honestly I would describe it as "Almost handsome" as if you put that head on a male model it would fit under kind of attractive. I've (poorly) photoshopped the head onto sigvald here for reference.
Untitled.jpg.f1c0887d935b646460e7c303ab68a1b7.jpg

Edited by Ganigumo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

Its important to distinguish that feminine and masculine don't necessarily translate to attractive or unnattractive, and that you can make an unattractive face still look feminine (Troggoth hag is actually a pretty good example of it, even though she's not human).

i need that hag in my collection, damn you forgeworld and your overpriced resin!

+++ Mod Hat On +++
Just a reminder - this forum is for everybody and that includes gender. Just remember that when you are talking about a new model that GW is showing off and consider what somebody might think about what you are saying.

You are welcome to critique things, but use some common sense!!!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

I love that female Chaos Warrior, don't find her unattractive or anything, she is both cool and attractive for a big badass warrior. I like her design the same I like the female Stormcast Eternals Designs, that body proportion and armor design look so nice to be the standard of new female Chaos Warriors. I don't like that she is limited because I fear about they making the other new warriors intentionally not as cool.

My theory is that with the new StD battletome they will remove weapon choices for Chaos Warriors so they can sell you the same ones that are currently in the Start Collecting. I hope im wrong and we see more female armors like this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Yoid said:

I love that female Chaos Warrior, don't find her unattractive or anything, she is both cool and attractive for a big badass warrior. I like her design the same I like the female Stormcast Eternals Designs, that body proportion and armor design look so nice to be the standard of new female Chaos Warriors. I don't like that she is limited because I fear about they making the other new warriors intentionally not as cool.

My theory is that with the new StD battletome they will remove weapon choices for Chaos Warriors so they can sell you the same ones that are currently in the Start Collecting. I hope im wrong and we see more female armors like this.

Its a cool looking model for sure, maybe they'll go the way of 'ardboyz, blood knights, and skeletons and only have 1 weapon loadout (with only 1 profile). I kind of like that approach as it limits conversions and proxy/stand-ins less.

My only issue with that model is that my painting skills are likely not up to the task and will likely never get one. Beyond that I love it and really like having a mix of mutated Chaos lords mixed with more traditionally human models so this checks all the boxes for me. If anyone takes issue with the face and plays S2D with out a million different helmeted heads I don't know what to tell you. 

She gives me significantly more hope for unmounted Varanguard. Which is my second most wanted S2D unit after the Hellcannon. 😇

Edited by Neverchosen

I think the model looks really cool bar the giant horn growing out of them (never been a fan of that particular chaos attribute). I'm really happy anytime we get more female models. 

Just wondered. Is there any female orruks or grots? And can we expect any gender diversity in the new 3.0 destruction army/units?

I'm aware there's a troggoth hag so not sure if it's out of the question.

Just now, Aidrox said:

I think the model looks really cool bar the giant horn growing out of them (never been a fan of that particular chaos attribute). I'm really happy anytime we get more female models. 

Just wondered. Is there any female orruks or grots? And can we expect any gender diversity in the new 3.0 destruction army/units?

I'm aware there's a troggoth hag so not sure if it's out of the question.

there are orc cheerleaders in blood bowl but looking at the reproductive cycle of orruks and goblins i don't think they have gender really as they reproduce by spores

• Thanks 1

What someone found in our community.

What looks like a rumore engine grenade this time is very much like a castigator bullet.

And I thought the hand with the sword was undead, but it looks very similar to the hand of the rumor engine.

Do they root weapons of another race?

5555.png

Edited by IronHelmet
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Just now, Aidrox said:

Is there any female orruks or grots?

In main setting Greenskinz don’t have genders

But in bizarre parallel world such as bloodbowl female orc is a thing

They are called “The Waaaghs (Wifes AAAnd GHerlfriendS)“ and generally larger and stronger than male orcs

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, IronHelmet said:

I thought the hand with the sword was undead, but it looks very similar to the hand of the rumor engine.

5555.png

in rumours it is said that they trade weapons with chaos dwarfs so it might be chaos dwarf made, although i still think that's more of a ghoulish looking arm

Edited by pitzok

1 minute ago, IronHelmet said:

I thought the hand with the sword was undead, but it looks very similar to the hand of the rumor engine.

5555.png

That would be interesting, but I heard a theory that the sword hand belongs to one of Radukar's little attendants.  The one that isn't holding the chalice.

3 minutes ago, IronHelmet said:

5555.png

The sword is from a future vampire of Cursed City.