Jump to content

The Rumour Thread


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

Spicy take -

Legion of Azgorh being canned by FW but Chaos Dwarves appearing again in lore seems like a deadset that we'll see Chaos Dwarves return in plastic, and I'll put good money they'll appear alongside the Battletome Duardin-Soup for a nice 'Dwarf v Spikey Dwarf' box.

And if I'm a betting man, Q1/Q2 2022.

As much as I'd love for you to be right, Renegades & Heretics were completely squat'ed and they've been appearing in the lore as Chaos' main fighting force since the early days of 40k. There's otherwise been no indication we'll see a new version of the Lost and Damned despite it making total sense to return them as an army - the BSF Traitor Guard and Gellarpox Mutants didn't seem to go anywhere. Chaos Dwarfs might be in a similar boat.

That said, Chaos Dwarfs are the most obvious 'new' army to add to Chaos but I bet we'd see multi-part Warriors/Knights/new Marauders first.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

Spicy take -

Legion of Azgorh being canned by FW but Chaos Dwarves appearing again in lore seems like a deadset that we'll see Chaos Dwarves return in plastic, and I'll put good money they'll appear alongside the Battletome Duardin-Soup for a nice 'Dwarf v Spikey Dwarf' box.

And if I'm a betting man, Q1/Q2 2022.

Now this is goood. 

 

This is DAMN GOOOOD!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If we're getting new chaos dwarfs what do you think is most likely?

  1. Destruction "Chaos" dwarves as Hashut has been shifted to a god-beast from a chaos god
  2. True chaos dwarves with their own battletome
  3. Chaos Dwarves as a Slaves to darkness subfaction/expansion

1 or 2 seem most likely to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

If we're getting new chaos dwarfs what do you think is most likely?

  1. Destruction "Chaos" dwarves as Hashut has been shifted to a god-beast from a chaos god
  2. True chaos dwarves with their own battletome
  3. Chaos Dwarves as a Slaves to darkness subfaction/expansion

1 or 2 seem most likely to me.

True Chaos Dwarfs seem to the most likely to me, but I think their link to Hashut will depending on if GW feel like expanding on him as part of the Chaos Pantheon or just quietly ignoring him in favour of having them worship the much more (out of universe) known Big Four. I'd like to see him expanded and perhaps raised akin to the Great Horned Rat, but I'm sceptical as to if they'll do that.

The Chaos Dwarfs have been mentioned as firmly in Chaos' camp, so I definitely don't see a Destruction army happening unless it's something completely different.

Slaves to Darkness insofar as a few kits have things like the Hellcanon crew (rip) and the odd Dwarf among the Warcry 'cultists' isn't impossible, but I highly doubt they'd get an entire subfaction to themselves. 

4 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

md17EkhmhcaRavRy.jpg.de30ce1e590f2baf0cae7dd532f9ff4e.jpg

 

Exclusive event only model.

Speaking of the devil, if you shrunk her a few inches she'd have the right 'squatness' for a female Dwarf (of Chaos).

Also, did they just use the same files out of this?

D1aZtPdQWBG4jdbc.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Clan's Cynic said:

True Chaos Dwarfs seem to the most likely to me, but I think their link to Hashut will depending on if GW feel like expanding on him as part of the Chaos Pantheon or just quietly ignoring him in favour of having them worship the much more (out of universe) known Big Four. I'd like to see him expanded and perhaps raised akin to the Great Horned Rat, but I'm sceptical as to if they'll do that.

The Chaos Dwarfs have been mentioned as firmly in Chaos' camp, so I definitely don't see a Destruction army happening unless it's something completely different.

Slaves to Darkness insofar as a few kits have things like the Hellcanon crew (rip) and the odd Dwarf among the Warcry 'cultists' isn't impossible, but I highly doubt they'd get an entire subfaction to themselves. 

Speaking of the devil, if you shrunk her a few inches she'd have the right 'squatness' for a female Dwarf (of Chaos).

Also, did they just use the same files out of this?

D1aZtPdQWBG4jdbc.jpg

The grip is much wider on the Chaos lady, which makes the pose a little less awkward

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, EnumaEilish said:

The grip is much wider on the Chaos lady, which makes the pose a little less awkward

And the finger positioning is much better. It's amazing how much difference such a small detail can make. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Chikout said:

And the finger positioning is much better. It's amazing how much difference such a small detail can make. 

oh god i only now realised how long the fingers on the dogmata are. christ, i'm surprised they didn't purge her as they would a mutant!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

that new Aspiring Chaos model absolutely SLAPS and it is criminal that it's an event only model

 

BOOOOOOOOO, I say, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Hashut was never a godbeast though so I'd say firmly chaos as they are "chaos dwarves" and he's a minor chaos god of old.

He's already been mentioned in the mortal realms (like in warcry also) so i'd say if we'll see chaos dwarves the will not venerate the big four ,even if they will be added as units for Std.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JonWebb said:

First look at the new greenies? 

Arrows seem to match the Rumour Engine ones and I don't recognise the part. 

InkedArrows_LI.jpg

hmm maybe, the arrow feather don't fan out as much on the engine but they may have the same ring like structure

it not the savage Orc arrow boys quivers though because they are not that big or detail as the one in the picture

RumourEngine220 May11 Content3k

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JonWebb said:

First look at the new greenies? 

Arrows seem to match the Rumour Engine ones and I don't recognise the part. 

InkedArrows_LI.jpg

I'm not sure this is a Savage Ork quiver. It has more leather straps around it, there's four arrows instead of three, and the fletching is a bit different.

s-l500.jpg

It does seem to be attached to some sort of large bone. Possibly this is a spare bit from...something, maybe these new greenskins, maybe something else but used by the GW studio for a Ghur-themed piece of custom terrain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber
6 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

I'm not sure this is a Savage Ork quiver. It has more leather straps around it, there's four arrows instead of three, and the fletching is a bit different.

s-l500.jpg

It does seem to be attached to some sort of large bone. Possibly this is a spare bit from...something, maybe these new greenskins, maybe something else but used by the GW studio for a Ghur-themed piece of custom terrain.

Isn't that quiver from the Stonehorn Beastriders? Not sure what' it's attached to however

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

md17EkhmhcaRavRy.jpg.de30ce1e590f2baf0cae7dd532f9ff4e.jpg

 

Event-exclusive only model.

It sucks that she's an event exclusive, she would be a perfect Chaos Lord. They said she will be at events in 2021 and 2022, so maybe if the stars align and NOVA comes back I would have a chance.

Edited by dirkdragonslayer
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

I miss the times when GW sculpted women models to be femine...

i actually think this is the most attractive female face sculpt they've done in a while, she doesn't have to be feminine to be badass and pretty at the same time 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, SunStorm said:

Isn't that quiver from the Stonehorn Beastriders? Not sure what' it's attached to however

Mmm, yeah, I think you are on the money there. 

It does seem to match that piece, but stuck to a bone/horn. 

Seems it is indeed just some terrain. 

Ah well, back to waiting for the reveal :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, SunStorm said:

Isn't that quiver from the Stonehorn Beastriders? Not sure what' it's attached to however

i don't think so? the arrow feather look similar but thepouch looks different

image.png.0256b04f77fab6090af4616ec071ac35.pngimage.png.d8620b5ba67bfa3caf2188e41b3b7153.png

Edited by novakai
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

I miss the times when GW sculpted women models to be femine...

That is nice for you. I am sorry you can't **** off to your feminine miniatures anymore but she is a badass chaos warrior. I am not sure if being "feminine" is her number one priority 😂

Edited by NicholasFlamelGames
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1
  • LOVE IT! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...