The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, RamsesIII said:

Additionally, just the mere fact that Destruction is on the rise is reason enough for anyone to say "this is their time/X fans will be happy. I'd take these things with a grain of salt for sure.

Not to speak to the new edition, but I feel like Kragnos fits well aesthetically with the BCR, so I am actually pretty happy already. I am kind of nervous that they are introducing this figure that is meant to work with all of destruction but are shortly after introducing a new faction that could be dedicated to him. I have a paranoid feeling they want destruction players to purchase a big centrepiece only to have him used exclusively with the upcoming new release. I hope that this is not the case as I like that Destruction has it's answer to Gotrek being usable across all of Order.

1 minute ago, JackStreicher said:

I am surprised about the negativity concerning the new release 🥲

the negative part is usually my job, yet I am very pleased 😅

As someone that tries to err on the side of positive, your brand of saltiness is often a required counterbalance and often reflects what I truly feel. This frees me to only speak on the positives. 🙃

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

The teaser ends with "new breed" not "new enemy" or "new race" but "breed".

This means to me a distinct offshoot of something we already have, rumors being grots. 

Those red eyes definitely look like rats to me.... and did everyone spot the Skaven logos and MoulderPitt on the map? Or is that just wishful thinking

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

Please for the love of all gods GW,

Please don't restart the cycle.

I don't want another 5 years of Stormcast only releases with  Battletomes every 2 month

and 76 new overpowered models on a weekly base.

None of that happened though.

• Like 15

23 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

As someone that tries to err on the side of positive, your brand of saltiness is often a required counterbalance and often reflects what I truly feel. This frees me to only speak on the positives. 🙃

This is highly illogical, buddy. Shockwave's head would explode right now to use Transformer terms with you. 🤯 If you don't like something, say it. Denying your own opinion doesn't turn you into a miasma for others and if it does, then it's entirely their problem. 😀 Y'know, we live in times where everyone wants to be "unique" (ironically making sure to look and think the exact same thing as the majority) and people are more afraid of sticking out and voicing less generic thoughts. It's impossible to like everything. And I believe criticism is the best info possible. In my work, I'd also rather have people be straight with me and not sugarcoat everything...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

One thing I love about the TGA forums is even though we may disagree on things, it never becomes hostile. This isn't a place where we throw words at each other over our toys, we are a strong and respectful community. 

A good fight should always be welcome! Blood for the Blood God, yadda yadda yadda... 🤓

I followed the instructions they said in the article:

"Sign up for our newsletter today, and we’ll send you an exclusive hint at the mysterious threat terrorising the swamps of Ghur."

And I received the next image:

unnamed.jpg.032ed8c1911bdac362ce530de468ccab.jpg

It is clearly a Destruction army similar to the LOTR/The Hobbit Orcs and Goblins. The image resembles a lot with Peter Jackson's Gothmog or the Mordor's Uruk-Hai

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m on the boat that it’s not going to be Fimir; if it’s a standalone Fimir army I’m going to be very surprised. Just taking a look at the official artwork teasers that have been released, in addition to the rumors, my guess is that’s it’s going to be some sort of Goblin on ‘roids. 

However, I wouldn’t be surprised if Fimir were included as a “supplement” to the new faction. Similar to how Gloomspite Gitz have Troggoths as part of their army, and that you have the option of taking trolls independently but will be technically playing Gloomspite, I wouldn’t be surprised if they did the same with Fimir in this circumstance. A main army of jacked up swamp goblins, followed by a couple of Fimir scattered in for extra muscle, it would fit nicely with ascetics and narrative. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

I followed the instructions they said in the article:

"Sign up for our newsletter today, and we’ll send you an exclusive hint at the mysterious threat terrorising the swamps of Ghur."

And I received the next image:

unnamed.jpg.032ed8c1911bdac362ce530de468ccab.jpg

It is clearly a Destruction army similar to the LOTR/The Hobbit Orcs and Goblins. The image resembles a lot with Peter Jackson's Gothmog or the Mordor's Uruk-Hai

I'd say these icon are more similar to the whfb\GW greenskins classic ones.
Still what does these mean though? They're sort of "tribute" to the evil sun, *idk* and Bad moon?

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson

3 minutes ago, MitGas said:

This is highly illogical, buddy. Shockwave's head would explode right now to use Transformer terms with you. 🤯 If you don't like something, say it. Denying your own opinion doesn't turn you into a miasma for others and if it does, then it's entirely their problem. 😀 Y'know, we live in times where everyone wants to be "unique" (ironically making sure to look and think the exact same thing as the majority) and people are more afraid of sticking out and voicing less generic thoughts. It's impossible to like everything. And I believe criticism is the best info possible. In my work, I'd also rather have people be straight with me and not sugarcoat everything...

Agreed. Have seen people complain about 'negativity' in the hobby and how it brings them down.

Nobody should quash anyone else's opinion. Everyone should be entitled to say how they genuinely feel about something, provided they don't belittle anyone else for feeling good about it. 

Tolerance should extend both ways, for those who are happy about something, or those who have complaints over other stuff.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Cosmicsheep said:

Those red eyes definitely look like rats to me.... and did everyone spot the Skaven logos and MoulderPitt on the map? Or is that just wishful thinking

As a skaven player in aos, it's best practice to stubbornly refuse something is skaven until gw reveals the model, otherwise many a letdown will be coming

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I could see the 'tribal swamp Hobgoblins' being an evolution of the FW Destruction aesthetic.

I want skinny creepy half-goblin-half-orcs riding around on swamp monsters - chariots on the back of two-headed giant tortoises - focused around worshipping Godbeasts and that's why they're so obsessed with Kraggy.

Fimir would fit right in. They can fit the role Troggoths play in Gloomspite - just big hunks of meat. 

I don't want classic Greenskins - they already did. They split that into different factions already with Ironjawz, Bonesplitters and the three current flavour of Goblin.

Plus, a new Incarnate of Beasts - which is unironically FW's best model and I will personally turn up to anyone who says otherwise.

Edited by Dreddships
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Mutton said:

I've been entreating for more Fimir for years. More than anyone here!

But this isn't going to be a Fimir faction.

They should just turn Fimir into "aliens",,,,let em use human (or dwarven, elven, whatever fits) bodies for hatching their young. That would be just as scary while giving them the same motivation, it's a universal threat as they could snatch dudes as well and technically it's not rape. I love the design of Fimir and don't care for their background so I'd be fine with anything but IMO it's weird to draw the line there... rape is horrible and good people suffered... but so is war in general. And nobody argues that it's distasteful to turn war into a "fun" thing when countless people lost loved ones. I really think it would be good to see the whole Fimir situation with a more objective set of eyes... and then change their background to something else but not exclude them from returning because their background used to be problematic.

• Like 1

Stop! He's already dead! 

image.png.5624b480e7cdf5694cfb1ab1547bd6e0.png

I doubt we'll be getting Fimir, but reading these past couple pages has brought a tear to my cyclopean eye.

In regards to their old method of reproduction, the very short FW lore blurbs mentioned them laying eggs so a rework has already begun. 

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course and not everyone likes every army's esthetic, but the notion of Fimir looking too "generic" is confusing to me. If anything they're more unique than the skeletons, zombies, dwarfs, elves, guys in armor, red horned demons, giants, and many other things that are staples of Warhammer. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, Ratboy genius said:

As a skaven player in aos, it's best practice to stubbornly refuse something is skaven until gw reveals the model, otherwise many a letdown will be coming

Every reveal I'm keeping my fingers crossed for our lovely rat-friends. Also the lizard-boys.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Shearl said:

Stop! He's already dead! 

image.png.5624b480e7cdf5694cfb1ab1547bd6e0.png

I doubt we'll be getting Fimir, but reading these past couple pages has brought a tear to my cyclopean eye.

In regards to their old method of reproduction, the very short FW lore blurbs mentioned them laying eggs so a rework has already begun. 

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course and not everyone likes every army's esthetic, but the notion of Fimir looking too "generic" is confusing to me. If anything they're more unique than the skeletons, zombies, dwarfs, elves, guys in armor, red horned demons, giants, and many other things that are staples of Warhammer. 

Heroquest was the first time I've seen Fimir. They and the Chaos Warrior were instantly my favorite figures. It's pretty unfair to say that their design is generic as I find them to be anything but generic personally. Orcs and goblins are everywhere, same with all the other stuff... the single, only unique design in heroquest was the fimir. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

No offense to anyone, but discarding fimir because they looked "generic" (I disagree) is a bit weak. Elves in WHF 3 edition were pretty generic too, would you say the same about Lumineth?

New fimir would be as cool and groundbreaking as GW wants them to be.

Edited by Jator
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Saturmorn Carvilli said:

Maybe I'm so far away for the target audience that I can't see it, but I can't see Fimir being popular no matter the way they are introduced.  I personally think generic 'GA: Destruction' humans that are basically not-Chaos Marauders would do several times better than Fimir.  I feel same about not-beastmen/centaurs being added to Destruction of Fimir.

I just don't see much that is compelling (I could be very bias though) in Fimir design.  I mean maybe a single unit as part of a hodgepodge Destruction faction sure (like Kroot with Tau in 40k or something), but certainly not a stand-alone faction.  The Fimir seem like something just too dated to revive.  However, I know how much GW loves to recycle ideas, and maybe they can make it work in some fashion.  Like I said, maybe I am that far away from the target audience that I am not even worth pursing.

It just seems to me that GW could easily put out something else that would be far, far more popular. I mean somehow connect dark elves (or whatever their AoS equivalent) to Destruction.  I think that would do several times better in terms of sales. 

I guess for whatever the mysterious army is, I know GW does extensive marketing testing on these thing, from what I heard they do product showing to a lot of people and to specific people group that are not familiar with Warhammer and see if certain concepts and model appeal to them ( based on a lot of metrics)

like for Nighthaunt in previous edition, I would not have thought that GW would have made an army of all ghost work but it apparently scored very high in their marketing testing and that concept was able to go forward as the new starter set army. ( may have even beaten out OBR for that spot)

here I would have though that Ironjawz would have been the safest and more slam dunk move for a new starter set, but since it looks like it’s something completely new army I am pretty sure GW did the same testing to be confident in releasing this new army.

• Like 2

Fimir, giant cyclopean lizard-things with clubbed tails, in a world where GW just released vampires, skeletons and zombies in an edition where the main villains were ghosts and our big faction releases have included trolls and goblins isn't holding up imo.

If anything, AOS thrives as a world with generic fantasy (blackpowder pistols, dragons, vampires, goblins) and absolutely bonkers fantasy (soul stealing shark-riding elves, giant cow mountain elementals, the entire skaven faction, lightning-riding immortal demigods)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Agreed. Have seen people complain about 'negativity' in the hobby and how it brings them down.

Nobody should quash anyone else's opinion. Everyone should be entitled to say how they genuinely feel about something, provided they don't belittle anyone else for feeling good about it. 

Tolerance should extend both ways, for those who are happy about something, or those who have complaints over other stuff.

Totally. I get that forums don't want to be filled with complaints about pricing etc. but what we what we get instead is people getting annoyed with changes or issues and have no place to air them, so the problems continue.

I've so many posts about people annoyed that we've got a three year cycle on books, some of which have been replaced twice in just a matter of months. Whilst what I do isn't as common as it should be, every time I've pointed out that on facebook groups that I've stuck with playing 1st Ed and that others can do the same (though most likely people would choose 2nd over 1st) if they are sick of constant book changes, its seen as a negative when in reality its meant to be a positive adaptation to keep players invested in the game, even if it isn't following the path of GWs 'maximum profit'. I spent a small fortune on random AoS kits this morning, simply because I've been craving doing some converting again and new edition buzz caught my eye. I'd not have done that if I felt I was about to have to drop a ton of cash on new edition books in a couple of months.

Quite often people are negative because they care about the thing and want to be part of it. I'm sure it would need to be limited, but there is a outright ban on some grievances across a good percentage of the community and it can't be healthy for the game.

As for Fimir being generic, its been so long since I've seen then in use (Other than people complaining about the old lore not being suitable for the modern era) that they don't feel generic to me (The forgeworld models were a scarcity after all). I'd love to see them back, if only so I could get a great plastic kit for them to add them to my old-world Albion/Oathmark collection of models!

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

I always appreciate the candor, my friend. I actually am really grateful that you have often encouraged me to speak more directly regarding the hobby.

I will confess I was being somewhat factitious, as I am willing to criticize aspects of this hobby in my posts. I thought that was clear as it was following a pretty blatant complaint about not trusting GW regarding Kragnos' release. However, I prefer to focus on the things I enjoy rather than dwell on the things I don't. I have studied formal criticism in literature and film and I am a big fan of Bazinian critical appreciation, but I am well versed in utterly trashing media objects I dislike*. However, I am mostly here to enjoy the discourse and conversations about a hobby I enjoy and slip away from the sort of academic analysis that has become such a large component of my life. I also find that @JackStreicher is a little better versed in this hobby, both in terms of gameplay and lore so often I find my opinion less informed. But it is still a note well taken...

Now turning back to rumours, do you feel like we might get any Tzeentch goodness crossing over into AOS with the upcoming Thousand Sons/Grey Knights preview?

*I had a rather large rant about power armour and homogeneity in 40k that recently got swept away with the critiques of the the Sisters of Battle preview for Warhammer fest.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1