The Rumour Thread

6 hours ago, JustAsPlanned said:

I like BL day because unlike AoS and 40K days there’s no chance of anyone getting disappointed - it’s Black Library, how disappointing can it get?

BL day is the day I care about the least, but it has some gems. It was the day they revealed that Ork Novel last year right? I will watch it with mild interest.

5 hours ago, Dreddships said:

why do are army of superpowered reincarnated eternal golden lightning demigods formed from the souls of legendary warriors sit almost stat-for-stat as 'guy/gal in some armour who worships the devil'

Rules wise they‘re as good as a Freeguild guard (with all their Armour boni) xD

It may be staying the obvious but we've seen a few of these already and two of them are coming on Thursday.Screenshot_20210505-142155.png.3e285eac2e14a0f3c0f5884293717feb.png

However, there is one icon which stands out.Screenshot_20210505-142226.png.a49ef8078575a4be2515168dd953d737.png

Based on this evidence alone,  I think it is highly likely that we see AoS3 on Saturday. Hoping for the full box reveal. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Dreddships said:

stormcast terminators also fixes the main gripe with stormcast.

why do are army of superpowered reincarnated eternal golden lightning demigods formed from the souls of legendary warriors sit almost stat-for-stat as 'guy/gal in some armour who worships the devil'

Because Sigmar took so long creating the Stormcast that Chaos was able to get more reps in down the gym 😉

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

Technically there's a Sigvald book, though it is set in the Old World.  They did one for a champion of each if the Choas gods, but the Sigvald was the best of the bunch.

Yeah, I really enjoyed the Sigvald book, but it'd be nice to see a chaos book in AoS :)

7 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

counterpoint: Beasts of Chaos should've been Destruction from the start, most of them don't worship one singular chaos god (if they even worship the big 4) and so many aspects line up with GA Destruction rather than Chaos.

we already have Paladins though..? they are already heavy knight/terminator type Stormcast. I don't understand how much more they could possibly bulk up Stormcast...

BoC worship chaos itself... I don't think that makes them less chaos-aligned than the servants of the gods. They are, debatably, the most chaos-aligned faction by virtue of not just following the personal whims of a chaos god.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

However, there is one icon which stands out.Screenshot_20210505-142226.png.a49ef8078575a4be2515168dd953d737.png

Based on this evidence alone,  I think it is highly likely that we see AoS3 on Saturday. Hoping for the full box reveal. 

Maybe it refers to the video game presented on Monday (Soul Arena ?).

Also remember that GW showed invitation card images every day last week: the first of them clearly referred to space marine (oddly it disappeared from the photos of Warhammer TV's Facebook ...) :

Ez6aOpuWQAISzXO?format=jpg&name=large

And for the moment we have had no revelation in this direction (I am thinking of Horus Heresy for Saturday).

8 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

counterpoint: Beasts of Chaos should've been Destruction from the start, most of them don't worship one singular chaos god (if they even worship the big 4) and so many aspects line up with GA Destruction rather than Chaos.

Yeah but fundamentally beasts of chaos are the wild version of chaos. The pure version in a sense. 

Beasts of chaos just need some proper love from gw. 

• Like 12

8 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

we already have Paladins though..? they are already heavy knight/terminator type Stormcast. I don't understand how much more they could possibly bulk up Stormcast...

Centurion Stormcast Squad

I really like my paladins hope the best for them!

Edited by baiardo
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, 123lac said:

Yeah but fundamentally beasts of chaos are the wild version of chaos. The pure version in a sense. 

Beasts of chaos just need some proper love from gw. 

Correction: Beasts of chaos were a wild version of chaos in the old world. When AoS started, they were just a line of funky goat-men and their pet monsters, and anything could've been done with them. And I agree that not moving them to destruction has been a missed opportunity.

Their origin story of being created but abandoned by chaos is good and could have stayed, that's a solid origin story, just make them leave chaos in response and decide to ruin everything for everyone.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, dekay said:

Correction: Beasts of chaos were a wild version of chaos in the old world. When AoS started, they were just a line of funky goat-men and their pet monsters, and anything could've been done with them. And I agree that not moving them to destruction has been a missed opportunity.

Their origin story of being created but abandoned by chaos is good and could have stayed, that's a solid origin story, just make them leave chaos in response and decide to ruin everything for everyone.

Something I'd love would be if they have both destruction and chaos keywords. It'd be a first for AoS, but I can't see how it would be gamebreaking.

In terms of their goals (anarchy and overthrowing law and order) they are aligned with both chaos and destruction. 

There's also an origin myth that they're descended from a 'gorfather', which they might see in kragnos.

Of course, highly doubtful this would happen. If GW had intended kraggy to be used with boc, they'd have included some beasts in there with the mixed destruction army shot. 

Edited by Jagged Red Lines
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, dekay said:

I fully agree with you. I always thought that it will be logically more appropriate to move BoC to destruction. First of all, the realm, where this faction is originate, is actually the realm of the BEAST. The second is that on part of the BoC tribes actually focus on corruption and the majority focus on destruction. A third reason could easily make Kragnos their leader... alpha mentality.  Beastmens always choose a leader based on their animalistic traits and strength.
And to be honest this is the easiest transition we can imagine. We still could have corrupted Beasmens (Tzaangor, Pestigors and etc.) in Chaos factions and "normal" beasmens in Destruction.

Edited by cofaxest
  • Like 5

Can’t wait for Kraggy to shake up the Mortal Realms for a whole edition! I want to see him and his rabble do what no one else has really been able to do and break into Azyr AND the Eightpoints! Expose both but cause so much mayhem and destruction that neither Order nor Chaos can do anything to maximise on it 🍳 I can’t think of anything else that fits this ‘the Mortal Realms will never be the same again’ tagline they keep throwing around.

4 hours ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

BL day is the day I care about the least, but it has some gems. It was the day they revealed that Ork Novel last year right? I will watch it with mild interest.

they have said in a preview article (in march or so) that the next ork novel is coming this may. (40k Ghaz one)

Given how poor the 40k one was yesterday (one new model, 2 books and a bunch of stuff seen already), and the fact that that Monday’s AoS reveal brought us up to date with everything that has been teased so far (Kragnos and SBG), and a bunch of stuff we’ve seen already...

I do agree that expectations should be well and truly lowered for the mystery day. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

The whole 'MYSTERY SATURDAY WOOOOOOO' thing is already a big hype-builder. Everyone's projecting what they want to see on it and getting excited.

Good point. Might explain (in hindsight) the wave of disappointment after a preview-stream. In my eyes, the collective speculation in most cases overshadows the actual content being shown. (kinda like how community-theorycrafting about Game of Thrones' ending made the actual TV-plot seem very (very, very, very) shallow)

I get the urge to hype the streams from GW's perspective (get those clicks/viewers going), but in a broader perspective WarhammerFest used to be 'just' a weekend-liveblog with some previews which are now spread out over a week. 

Edited by Socrates
  • Like 2

I think it's entirely plausible that Saturday will just be a trailer/teaser for AoS 3.0. Maybe an animated video of orks/gobbos marching on Excelsis/Azyr, maybe just a hammer logo with a super-serious voiceover, maybe maybe just a glimpse of the third edition rulebook cover. No guarantee of seeing new minis or new rules or anything.

For today though getting an update on Nate Crowley's Ghazghkull book would be cool.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Socrates said:

Good point. Might explain (in hindsight) the wave of disappointment after a preview-stream. In my eyes, the collective speculation in most cases overshadows the actual content being shown. (kinda like how community-theorycrafting about Game of Thrones' ending made the actual TV-plot seem very (very, very, very) shallow)

I get the urge to hype the streams from GW's perspective (get those clicks/viewers going), but in a broader perspective WarhammerFest used to be 'just' a weekend-liveblog with some previews which are now spread out over a week. 

I certainly think the overall community hype and enthusiasm would come out the other side of Warhammer Fest a lot higher if they packed everything into 2-3 days, rather than one less-than-hour-long video a day strung out across a whole week.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

I think it's entirely plausible that Saturday will just be a trailer/teaser for AoS 3.0. Maybe an animated video of orks/gobbos marching on Excelsis/Azyr, maybe just a hammer logo with a super-serious voiceover, maybe maybe just a glimpse of the third edition rulebook cover. No guarantee of seeing new minis or new rules or anything.

For today though getting an update on Nate Crowley's Ghazghkull book would be cool.

They can't stretch a trailer to a 45 minutes preview. If the preview is dedicated to AoS 3, it's got to be more than that.

Maybe it's going to be a mixed preview with something for everyone, like most of the Saturday previews we've seen lately.

My guess is some info for TotalWarhammer3, combined with The Old World teaser.