The Rumour Thread

4 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

It's the skull of a forest Dragon, you can see it in the video.

I really love this model. It's graceful, it's floating and it has a dragn on its base! ❤️

1.PNG

2.PNG

Thats a beautiful model, very graceful- it gives me Dark Crystal vibes for some reason. Really love it,  not a named character either - I wonder if they will get any more, I'd love to see more for the Sylvaneth and see this design approach broaden the range, it would be spectacular [plus leave space for Kurnothi to be their own thing .. 😇].

My guess is the Saturday reveal is 3rd Ed AoS - gives them space to do a big reveal and go into a bit of depth. Might be Old World but just due to timing AOS looks like the hot ticket. Can't wait!

Edited by silverstu
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mutton said:

Saturday could be Old World or Total War stuff.

It'd be weird if it was new edition AoS and they didn't just say it was AoS. Then again, they might just want to trick 40k players into watching it too.

Yeah I thought so too. Surely they would say a second day of AoS if it was 3.0.

Actually I don't think we'll get a 3.0 announcement at this event. I think Saturday is old world.

I think the AoS specific announcements will be soulblight stuff. Kragnos might not fit with that, so the big boy could be revealed later too. 

Edited by Jagged Red Lines

If we assume that AoS 3.0 is this summer and that The Old World is till multiple years away, then there's really no logical reason for them to announce anything for it right now. Even if we take TWWH III into account, cross-promotion won't mean anything if the thing you're promoting isn't going to be released for several years after the fact. If it's something as small as concept art or another community post, why advertise it with its own slot and day?

I'm not saying it's guaranteed to be AoS 3.0 (I've heard some rumors about a big Horus Heresy update coming which it could be related to, but I don't follow that) but I'm almost certain it won't be The Old World. And especially not an entire day dedicated to a single 3rd party video game.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mutton said:

Saturday could be Old World or Total War stuff.

It'd be weird if it was new edition AoS and they didn't just say it was AoS. Then again, they might just want to trick 40k players into watching it too.

It's supposed to be a mystery and something big, revealing it was more aos or whatever would be counter intuitive

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Turgol said:

New 40k or AoS editions have been lately revealed at Warhammer Fest. Will this mean that AoS 3 will be announced on Monday? That would be beyond awesome. 

We'll probably see a proper Gravelords reveal on Monday and the new edition the following Saturday

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KriticalKhan said:

If we assume that AoS 3.0 is this summer and that The Old World is till multiple years away, then there's really no logical reason for them to announce anything for it right now. Even if we take TWWH III into account, cross-promotion won't mean anything if the thing you're promoting isn't going to be released for several years after the fact. If it's something as small as concept art or another community post, why advertise it with its own slot and day?

I'm not saying it's guaranteed to be AoS 3.0 (I've heard some rumors about a big Horus Heresy update coming which it could be related to, but I don't follow that) but I'm almost certain it won't be The Old World. And especially not an entire day dedicated to a single 3rd party video game.

It's either AoS 3 or Horus Heresy revival/big update as my main two guesses.
Agree, they're unlikely to have anything to really show for TOW yet.

The most hilarious option would be another sidegame announcement due to all the anger that would ensue.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

6 minutes ago, Indecisive said:

It's either AoS 3 or Horus Heresy revival/big update as my main two guesses.
Agree, they're unlikely to have anything to really show for TOW yet.

The most hilarious option would be another sidegame announcement due to all the anger that would ensue.

Maybe treat it as a dual TOW/Total War reveal? Like a first extended look at Cathay using Total War, mention that some/all of these units will be part of TOW when it comes out.

• LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, Ahlambra said:

Maybe treat it as a dual TOW/Total War reveal? Like a first extended look at Cathay using Total War, mention that some/all of these units will be part of TOW when it comes out.

Depends because the scope of the TOW that they have shown doesn’t stretch to Cathay, it mostly been confined to the original Old world map so even Lustria and Ulthuan aren’t in it. 

it quite possible that TOW and Total war aren’t really related to each other at all or working in tantrum given the time table of releasing

there seem to be more stuff related to AoS since it seem they are taking a lot of design cues from the new greater daemons

It's AoS3 guys, I would be surprised if they not announce it, new YT channel opened a month ago only for the reveal and rumors about 3rd edition and we are in May just in time for july release, also it's perfectly after Broken Realms.

Not to mention that the game need this new edition, like most of the factions.

Edited by baiardo
  • Like 2

OK WHERE TO BEGIN...

First of all the model is gorgeous and I'm really happy for the Sylvaneth players out there to be getting something awesome out of Broken Realms.

Secondly this announcement!? So Monday is surely Soulblight and Kragnos full reveal, Thursday is the Idoneth UW Warband and potentially Warcry Season 2 with Saturday being 3.0!! 

I cannot wait for next week, I've had a bloody terrible day so far and this news is just what I needed.

• Like 6

The Old World, haha.  You think the current state of affairs that has affected the release schedule delaying releases maybe 9 months or more hasn’t had any adverse effect on a a new game they said was 3-5 years away before the pandemic, give me a break

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

If you're wondering why GW would stick an AoS 3 reveal on Saturday behind a paper-thin "???" veil, remember that they haven't said anything officially about an AoS 3rd ed as yet so, by their corporate routemap, the 3rd ed announcement is still supposed to be this big amazing thing that'll blow folks away with surprise.

And while, to a lot of us, it seems like it's already obvious - the 3 year cycle, the rumours bleeding out through the seams, etc - it will be a big surprise for lots of people who don't pay much attention to the internet or spend their time reading up on the latest murmurings from the rumour mill. There will be a whole load of folks who, if it is AoS 3rd ed on Saturday, are gonna go "WOW NO ****** WAY".

• Like 4

I really like all the "Revenant" side of the Sylvaneth range, and this pipe guy is no exception ! We may still get a (fifth) BR : Alarielle after all !

Excited to get a whole week of reveals, but I sincerely-sincerely hope the 8th is ALSO for AOS, and about the new edition, that is. I guess we'll be able to get more infos with what we first get on the 3rd... (guessing, as others : Kragnos model reveal and full Soulblight range). 

Interested to see if we get something for WARCRY (or something else than a blackout for Cursed City, which should be renamed WHQ : Blackout Fortress)... Maybe those kind of 

8th could alternatively be the new starter for Horus Heresy or Battlefleet Gothic, or something Old World..... BUT I wouldn't like it so soon before a new edition of AOS. Let the game gain even more identity before going all-in with TOW (even if I'm looking forward to it too). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rhetoric said:

The Old World, haha.  You think the current state of affairs that has affected the release schedule delaying releases maybe 9 months or more hasn’t had any adverse effect on a a new game they said was 3-5 years away before the pandemic, give me a break

I doubt they’re at the point where they’ll be showing anything big for the Old World, but I don’t think the pandemic will have affected that much. It’s mostly affected production and distribution, where as TOW work is still probably mostly in the design stages, which won’t have been affected as much as other areas.