The Rumour Thread

10 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

The problem with made to order is all card product is made in China, they can’t just print more whenever they want like they can with models.

among the speculation and conspiracy theories I’ve seen:
-brexit adding tariffs because the China made components exceeded a 30% allowance of total content. The extra costs make it not financially worth making more. They sold what they had from their initial run at a huge loss and decided to discontinue it.
-the contract with their Chinese printer expired and the company no longer exists so they’re trying to sort out a new one (this one seems odd since no other product has been affected, yet all hardback books are printed in China too).
-gw did it on purpose to fuel fomo (fear of missing out).
-gw underestimated demand based on Blackstone Fortress sales (40K is a bigger seller than AoS so presumably they looked at BSF sales and made less than that - supposedly the stock should have lasted 6 months).
-nobody was supposed to say it was a regular range item and they’re removing those posts because it was a mistake. Theory being it WAS limited and they chose not to announce it so scalpers wouldn’t buy it all.

note that this is all just what I’ve seen posted around various places and none of it is my opinion or anything 

First - yes they could print where ever they want to - it's just more expensive to do it in the UK. 

The China thing is a conspiracy theory but  a valid one. The silence is really interesting. Either something happened that is hugely embarassing or hugely political. So this is possible.

My own personal belief is that it's a 'mess' up (TGA won't let me write the correct word) over a conspiracy. Either IT WAS a limited run and the marketing team(s) messed up by assuming it was like BSF. Or they were mislead.

Other possibilities are:

• A shipping container fell of a ship (seriously this happens a lot) and was uninsured. Thus the product has therefore lost more money than it can ever recoup. And GW made the decision to kill it. 
  • Covid is killing production just like PS5 sales (seriously have you tried to buy one) and other computer components (video cards). Because Chinese companies are not being honest about their workforce and production capacity. Most likely IMHO.
  • The Suez Canal thing had an impact and GW don't want to admit it. Not sure why that would be.
  • Brexit stuff. This is very possible. And would explain the silence as GW don't want to be labelled either way.
  • Something genuinely weird happened on the pre-order day and scalpers managed to order everything. I mean every single site selling it was crashing. It is strange and if they did indeed think they had enough for 6 months the maths of 75 minutes just doesn't add up. I mean that's rock concert sell out speed. So this is unlikely. And honestly the 6 months stock thing makes no sense. If that was true they wouldn't appear to be killing the game and letting hinted at expansions fade to dust.

All this aside what I'm really annoyed about are the UK companies taking money for alleged "made to order" copies of CC - which have not been announced. 

Edited by zedatkinszed
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, Me-dude-sa said:

I think I may have figured out the new Idoneth Underworlds Warband. These specific pieces seem more organic than BoC and Orruk models and also more aquatic, so it seems like the models maybe some sort of IDK hunters and a Beastmaster using a flute like a pied piper with some critters in the warband for good measure.

Idk.png

Idk2.png

Idk3.png

idk4.png

idk5.png

IDK6.png

Idk7.png

The hands of the flute pic are from a nurgling

The spear has bent nails and it is like the Frostlord spear

The net is like the Spire Tyrants net.

23 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

The hands of the flute pic are from a nurgling

The spear has bent nails and it is like the Frostlord spear

The net is like the Spire Tyrants net.

New Ogors GW please!!

18 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Whilst I would love to claim credit, it’s all @Ben so any thanks should go to him. 

@Ben You're one in a million mate, it's awesome. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Silphid said:

Speak for yourself sir! There are no new ODORS around where I’m standing.

I blame Nurgle. Well, every family got a black sheep...*

*Frankly, it's kinda difficult to pinpoint which brother is the black sheep in the Chaos family... but let's do the obvious thing and blame Nurgle! 

11 minutes ago, MitGas said:

I blame Nurgle. Well, every family got a black sheep...*

*Frankly, it's kinda difficult to pinpoint which brother is the black sheep in the Chaos family... but let's do the obvious thing and blame Nurgle! 

Great Horned Rat is definitely the black sheep, Archaon literally spat in the dude's face when offered a boon.

4 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Great Horned Rat is definitely the black sheep, Archaon literally spat in the dude's face when offered a boon.

You speak words of wisdom.... but yet I'd rather hate on Nurgle. ****** him! Noone needs logic where I hang out! 😎 

1 hour ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

We did get new ogors sire, they just happen to be very old and slightly rotting....

And as such I want their fleshy hungry counterparts in the same vein!!

57 minutes ago, Ratboy genius said:

We do be needing new rat ogors

100%. New Rat Ogors are a must. Bring back the Rat Ogres of old, give us hideous concoctions that drive fear into our hearts and make our fear glands excrete!! 

6 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/04/18/our-pre-order-schedules-changing-a-bit-heres-how/

No pre-orders the next few weeks but at least "Big Model reveals for 40k and AoS" next week

I guess they're refering to the broken realms monday model?

Suppose it must be that we're getting less reveals then could have justified a preview show. Still, always fun to see what new things they are prepping to roll out in the coming months

16 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/04/18/our-pre-order-schedules-changing-a-bit-heres-how/

No pre-orders the next few weeks but at least "Big Model reveals for 40k and AoS" next week

Super disappointing to read, but given everything going on right now I understand the difficulty of constantly rolling out new products. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DeLewko said:

Preorders will return in May, do you think we will get something on the first of May? It's Saturday afteral

My gut feeling is that is too soon as that would be announced next weekend, 8th, or more likely 15th seem more realistic to me. But i'd be happy to be proved wrong!

Sad that we wont have any Pre Orders for a few weeks but very understandable.

More so that we wont get a Preview this month but if they are saving 2 months worth of Previews and having a few BR models on Mondays it may be that they are wanting a massive reveal in May for 3.0.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DeLewko said:

Preorders will return in May, do you think we will get something on the first of May? It's Saturday afteral

Don't think so that would only be a one week pause, also whenever the next preorder will be it will be Adeptus Mechanicus as they where supposed to be in April which won't happen now

Edited by Matrindur

More model previews is kind of pointless when we got so many things yet to release. Right now the Admech Codex, Sisters, Soulblight Gravelords etc are all in the pipeline, we also got shown a new Kroak and other stuff.

Hopefully they use the time to sort out the complete failures of the past releases, most in my community are outright mad at GW for the Cursed City thing, we could not even get a game for our entire gaming club, ridiculous and no more in print. I also tried to preorder a Belakor, but nope, the few sites still actually attempting preorders got sold out before you could refresh the page and all of them report about very low supply, so seems GW sent out 1-2 to each store... 

There is no point to all this marketing and hype if you cant buy the product at all.

• Like 1