The Rumour Thread

5 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

We must really be nearing release if even plastic battleline kits are becoming "no longer available", huh? Soulblight preview next week?

I think this Sunday they will announce a Preview for the 17th and then the Gravelords will go on Pre Order on the 24th of April for a May release.

3 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

On the one hand that seems inordinarily quick, but on the other hand I want it to be true so I'll choose to believe it.

Yeah good point actually Haha I'm just hopeful for you guys!! Realistically they'll go on Pre Order late May. 

• Like 2

K guys, I know I've talked about it before, but seeing our latest witch hunters really gives me hope for "Order of Azyr" as either a subfaction of CoS of a full-on faction of its own.  There's a bunch of rumor engine pics (which I believe are unsolved) that support my theory as well.  I think they'll more or less replace "Devoted of Sigmar".  
They'll get, 
New Flagellants (the crazy poker stick and club)
Crossbows that are like baby witch hunters, lesser witch hunters, not hunters of infantile witches (the arrows)
Some type of lesser priest or deacon (the arm carrying books and scrolls which I'm interpreting to be some form of scripture)
Various inquisition and priest-type heroes (the holy water, pierced hand, candles)
Some kind of elite melee assassin squad (the dagger)

I could be totally off-base and wrong, but this isn't the "Accurate Assessment of Facts Thread" now is it?

club.jpeg

poker.jpeg

arrows.jpeg

deacon.png

holywater.jpeg

somecreepyholything.jpeg

someholy thing.jpeg

zealot.png

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, willange said:

K guys, I know I've talked about it before, but seeing our latest witch hunters really gives me hope for "Order of Azyr" as either a subfaction of CoS of a full-on faction of its own.  There's a bunch of rumor engine pics (which I believe are unsolved) that support my theory as well.  I think they'll more or less replace "Devoted of Sigmar".  
They'll get, 
Crossbows that are like baby witch hunters, lesser witch hunters, not hunters of infantile witches (the arrows)
Some type of lesser priest or deacon (the arm carrying books and scrolls which I'm interpreting to be some form of scripture)
Various inquisition and priest-type heroes (the holy water, pierced hand, candles)

I could be totally off-base and wrong, but this isn't the "Accurate Assessment of Facts Thread" now is it?

club.jpeg

poker.jpeg

arrows.jpeg

deacon.png

holywater.jpeg

somecreepyholything.jpeg

someholy thing.jpeg

zealot.png

Good theory mate, personally I'm hoping that Club is for an Ogor or Gargant myself!! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, willange said:

They'll get, 

club.jpeg

poker.jpeg

arrows.jpeg

deacon.png

holywater.jpeg

somecreepyholything.jpeg

someholy thing.jpeg

zealot.png

The first is a very Destruction army. It could be the weapon of an Ogor or a new type of Orruk.

The second rumour engine is the classic weapon of the orc boar chariot. 

The hand nailed to wood, I think it pertains to the yoke of a chariot.

The book I think it transpires a 40k symbol, not sure which but that was mentioned here earlier. The hand looks death to me.

Personally I think order of Azyr could be a “city” in cities of Sigmar for now. With special rules for hunting stuff like vampire and able to use those heroes on top of existing cities armies. Those same heroes would be usable on any cities army but not get the synergies from that city.

That’s my 2 cents.

" not the accurate assesments of facts thread" that killed me🤣

Really hoping for a complete overhaul of human cities of sigmar models . Maybe a season 2 of warcry with  a faction of non chaos humans  from each realm?

Weve saw and heard so many great conversions, artwork and ideas for regular humans it's got to be done on model level at some point.

Great to see the witch hunter aesthetic back and look forward to aos humans at some point!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, willange said:

They'll get, 

club.jpeg

poker.jpeg

arrows.jpeg

deacon.png

holywater.jpeg

somecreepyholything.jpeg

someholy thing.jpeg

zealot.png

The candles (and possibly the one above it) are 100% Nighthaunt 

My theory is that we will get a new human faction sometime in the future. Similar to Lumineth It will have its own esthetic but will have units that are one to one with the current existing human faction units currently in Cities of Sigmar.

Eventually they will do the same for the Wood Elves, Dark Elves, and Dwarves. I don't think all of these will be full new armies. Some could be new units given to existing armies. Think of a new unit for Kharadron Overlords that is basically Longbeards.

Once this is far enough along they will drop the old model profiles and replace them with there modern equivalents in Cities of Sigmar. This way old units can be used as count as models, but this is just my theory, also it would take at least a few years.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nezzhil said:
  Reveal hidden contents

4af5ea72-38a0-4811-b926-9c04fb495270.jpg.44316744c6adc18391ca8d577d401abe.jpgd3a9c6d9-1c16-4cc6-b9cc-827547830434.jpg.0f2480cfd5e82d4678aa061819c0ba58.jpg7c04ba52-0388-4b53-97ec-3f4a9aa2ac21.jpg.3353b997902cecf9b0447bad5a7cd6c2.jpgbdc23c9e-c4b4-4207-9526-f3b5c10df611.jpg.8493d8ac31da14d3b3cc3f51f00ce9b7.jpgbfdb35a4-bb27-4627-b8bb-fee320dcef11.jpg.b6c8b4a18d83281cabe250da1ab9b82d.jpg

My theory is that all these Rumour Engines are bits of a new Orruk Chariot.

Instead of the old Ork chariot...Could we be seeing bits from Gordraaks ram? Perhaps as a big centerpiece model, swarming with Orruk drivers?

Or perhaps it is an Orruk Chariot and will appear as a Broken realms expansion. 

6 hours ago, willange said:

They'll get, 

There are some things in there that are likely from different factions and that book is apparently using 40k iconography but I agree with your overall assessment. I think it is weird because with the recent release of human models such an army will be my most anticipated release after Malerion's faction. It is strange because I am never typically drawn to typical humans in fantasy settings. 

Edited by Neverchosen

1 hour ago, Gothmaug said:

Instead of the old Ork chariot...Could we be seeing bits from Gordraaks ram? Perhaps as a big centerpiece model, swarming with Orruk drivers?

It could be too! 🤔

6 hours ago, alghero81 said:

The book I think it transpires a 40k symbol, not sure which but that was mentioned here earlier. The hand looks death to me.

Personally I think order of Azyr could be a “city” in cities of Sigmar for now. With special rules for hunting stuff like vampire and able to use those heroes on top of existing cities armies. Those same heroes would be usable on any cities army but not get the synergies from that city.

That’s my 2 cents.

I really hope they don't keywork lock them to both the Order of Azyr AND a City, and they'd be staking themselves in the foot if they did. This would make them mostly useless in other cities so the appeal is about halved. Then again, It's GW and Order humans, so maybe they would go out of their way to make them fail commercially.

8 hours ago, Nezzhil said:
  Hide contents

4af5ea72-38a0-4811-b926-9c04fb495270.jpg.44316744c6adc18391ca8d577d401abe.jpgd3a9c6d9-1c16-4cc6-b9cc-827547830434.jpg.0f2480cfd5e82d4678aa061819c0ba58.jpg7c04ba52-0388-4b53-97ec-3f4a9aa2ac21.jpg.3353b997902cecf9b0447bad5a7cd6c2.jpgbdc23c9e-c4b4-4207-9526-f3b5c10df611.jpg.8493d8ac31da14d3b3cc3f51f00ce9b7.jpgbfdb35a4-bb27-4627-b8bb-fee320dcef11.jpg.b6c8b4a18d83281cabe250da1ab9b82d.jpg

My theory is that all these Rumour Engines are bits of a new Orruk Chariot.

4 hours ago, Gothmaug said:

I'd honestly be happy with wither of these. 

3 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

I really hope they don't keywork lock them to both the Order of Azyr AND a City, and they'd be staking themselves in the foot if they did. This would make them mostly useless in other cities so the appeal is about halved. Then again, It's GW and Order humans, so maybe they would go out of their way to make them fail commercially.

If they do it right, they will just make Order of Azyr a keyword in the style of Freeguild or Dispossessed in CoS. I think that's just a no brainer. Just do the exactly same thing that already works, again.

13 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

If they do it right, they will just make Order of Azyr a keyword in the style of Freeguild or Dispossessed in CoS. I think that's just a no brainer. Just do the exactly same thing that already works, again.

Yeah, that's the logical and good way to do it. We already have part of the new stuff locked away in Ulfenkarn.

6 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Yeah, that's the logical and good way to do it. We already have part of the new stuff locked away in Ulfenkarn.

Let's hope we get Ulfenkarn rules in some time soon, then, right?

I get your concern, but I think models from boxed games are really different from releases for AoS proper. It makes sense to give them weaker rules. I personally trust that if Order of Azry becomes a real subfaction for Cities, they would not commit the blunder of purposefully making it impossible for them to benefit from city allegiances.

3 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

That makes complete sense, but then we are talking about GW, isn’t it? 😂😂😂

I hope they go that way although