Jump to content

Recommended Posts

+++ Mod Hat On +++
 

Just to make it VERY CLEAR for some of you. This is the RUMOUR thread. Any more moaning in this topic about Lumineth Realm-Lords will result in mod action. This can range from points being issued to a cool off period (a temp ban) for you if you moan about them.

You are welcome to make a new topic to discuss but it should be CONSTRUCTIVE criticism about them. This forum is for people to enjoy Warhammer, not read about people moaning about it. This is very important with the global pandemic happening around us right now! 

  • Like 37
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 68.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Overread

    2643

  • KingBrodd

    1762

  • novakai

    1255

  • michu

    1100

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been working on a spreadsheet for warscrolls, what kit makes them, and the material/age of the kit to try and figure out what armies need updating the most and heres a rough overview of what ive

Am I the only one mad the OBR are getting regular archers? GW had the opportunity to create a unit called Crossbonemen and they didn't take it.

So they edited that article huh

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, Talas said:

As an addition to the 3.0 rumors, Rob from The Honest Wargamer just said in their podcast that the new Stormcasts will be "Bretonnia" themed.

I'm pretty sure he was just repeating rumours he has heard. He did say this wasn't confirmed, just a rumour.

Link to post
Share on other sites

so any speculation on the AOS warscroll for the Underworld Vampire warband? One 4-man unit of brawlers? A leader and three bodyguards ala the Briar queen, or four separate heroes that are independent of one another? Or just one terrible warscroll that no one will use, and just proxy the individual models for Vampire lords? I feel there's a lot of potential for this warband coinciding with the release of Soulblight gravelords, but GW's track record with AOS warscrolls for Underworlds warbands is pretty lackluster. 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not so much a rumor as it is a trend I see. So with aethergold for KO, aetherquartz for LRL & Urgold for Fyreslayers I wonder if we will see something somewhat similar for Gravelords? I would love to see a "Blood Reserve" that Soulblight key word units use similar to KO or LRL. Maybe it throws them into a frenzy to re-roll hits, re-roll spell rolls, re-roll charges, etc. Each Soulblight key word unit gets 1 (maybe 2 depending on blood line / sub allegiance) per game. So it wouldn't be useable for zombies or skeletons just the vamps.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gothmaug said:

so any speculation on the AOS warscroll for the Underworld Vampire warband? One 4-man unit of brawlers? A leader and three bodyguards ala the Briar queen, or four separate heroes that are independent of one another? Or just one terrible warscroll that no one will use, and just proxy the individual models for Vampire lords? I feel there's a lot of potential for this warband coinciding with the release of Soulblight gravelords, but GW's track record with AOS warscrolls for Underworlds warbands is pretty lackluster. 

 

 

Goddess I hope they're good. WHU warbands are some of the best models in the range, and the Crimson Court is no exception. The fact that so many of them are completely stuffed in AOS is a travesty

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BaylorCorvette said:

Not so much a rumor as it is a trend I see. So with aethergold for KO, aetherquartz for LRL & Urgold for Fyreslayers I wonder if we will see something somewhat similar for Gravelords? I would love to see a "Blood Reserve" that Soulblight key word units use similar to KO or LRL. Maybe it throws them into a frenzy to re-roll hits, re-roll spell rolls, re-roll charges, etc. Each Soulblight key word unit gets 1 (maybe 2 depending on blood line / sub allegiance) per game. So it wouldn't be useable for zombies or skeletons just the vamps.

And maybe the amount of blood grows with every x amount of models slain?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gothmaug said:

so any speculation on the AOS warscroll for the Underworld Vampire warband? One 4-man unit of brawlers? A leader and three bodyguards ala the Briar queen, or four separate heroes that are independent of one another? Or just one terrible warscroll that no one will use, and just proxy the individual models for Vampire lords? I feel there's a lot of potential for this warband coinciding with the release of Soulblight gravelords, but GW's track record with AOS warscrolls for Underworlds warbands is pretty lackluster. 

 

 

It is definitely hard to nail down. Because it certainly looks like a unit of four unique Heroes as opposed to a unit with 1 Hero and the three "normal models" There is HUUUUGE potential here to make them a unique Vampire foot guys but I fear that it will be a huge miss as with some underworlds warbands. I definitely think it will be interesting to see their AoS warscrolls because they may be the first "Soulblight Gravelords" units that we will see stats for. If nothing else, we will at least see keywords.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Urauloth said:

Can someone explain what "NPE" is in this context because otherwise it looks like there's 5 pages of people arguing about patent law in the rumour thread every time there's a Lumineth update.

to quote @Aelfric

NPE stands for Negative Play experience - a phenomenon many players are quick to spot in armies other than their own.

  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BaylorCorvette said:

Not so much a rumor as it is a trend I see. So with aethergold for KO, aetherquartz for LRL & Urgold for Fyreslayers I wonder if we will see something somewhat similar for Gravelords? I would love to see a "Blood Reserve" that Soulblight key word units use similar to KO or LRL. Maybe it throws them into a frenzy to re-roll hits, re-roll spell rolls, re-roll charges, etc. Each Soulblight key word unit gets 1 (maybe 2 depending on blood line / sub allegiance) per game. So it wouldn't be useable for zombies or skeletons just the vamps.

It might be worth looking into 40k armies to see a core rule concept that hasn't been used yet in AoS there are often similarities.

I really hope they don't do aethergold again, aetherquartz is too similar. Urgold is totally different and is just an army buff table pick one a round then it's gone.

One thing I am expecting though is alot of summoning probably through a new mechanic. Whether it will be the main focus of the army, who knows? It's been more vampires than necromancers so far but all those weaker units zombies, skeles, dogs just scream summoning to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, chosen_of_khaine said:

Things lumineth can't do that other factions can: Resurrect models, fight at the start of the combat phase, force a unit to fight last, teleport, fight twice in a turn, summon new units to the table, etc. There's loads of things that they cannot do that are often "uninteractive" that other armies can.

Stop being so reasonable! People wanna hate on LRL and ignore the NPE of the armies that they play.

  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Svalack said:

It might be worth looking into 40k armies to see a core rule concept that hasn't been used yet in AoS there are often similarities.

I really hope they don't do aethergold again, aetherquartz is too similar. Urgold is totally different and is just an army buff table pick one a round then it's gone.

One thing I am expecting though is alot of summoning probably through a new mechanic. Whether it will be the main focus of the army, who knows? It's been more vampires than necromancers so far but all those weaker units zombies, skeles, dogs just scream summoning to me.

That's fair, I personally would like a Blood Reserve mechanic for Vampires. Could even roll it into an artefact or command trait if need be, but would prefer it as a stand alone feature. But only for Vampires.

Gravelords summoning is a big question mark. I wouldn't be surprised if they did away with the gravesites and using a CP to return a unit. I do however think Deathly Invocation will stay since Nagash and Arkhan use it in Ossiarch Bonereapers lists. Also it is thematic having a Vampire Lord bringing back Skeletons or Zombies to replenish units that have taken damage. Perhaps they do something similar that Sylvaneth can do where they can summon in Dryads but in this case Vampires have a spell that can summon in a unit of Zombies (or Skeletons)? We already know the named Necromancer from Cursed City will be able to bring in Zombies. Maybe that will work like FeC "Summon Imperial Guard" where once per game you can bring in a unit. Lots of question marks here.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Talas said:

As an addition to the 3.0 rumors, Rob from The Honest Wargamer just said in their podcast that the new Stormcasts will be "Bretonnia" themed.

I'd love to see it!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KingBrodd said:

I'd love to see it!!

Noooo my poor wallet. The Sons of Behemat I was surely not going to get, but then got anyway already stomped it rather flat ;) 

If any more "knightly" stormcast turns up it will just be a license to print money for GW... They evolved the lore well in 2.0 and now they gotta distance them a bit more again from "space marines". I wonder what is meant by Brettonia though, more ornate and "realistic" plate and possibly different helms? Or more in line of plenty of peasants? The Stormkeeps introduced the idea of the stormcast protecting a city and fighting alongside the freeguilds, that could mirror men at arms and knights... I don't know, but excited to find out!

  • LOVE IT! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, PainfullyMediocre said:

I'm pretty sure he was just repeating rumours he has heard. He did say this wasn't confirmed, just a rumour.

Of course, we should take it with a grain of salt and all that, still, he's usually right about this things. I guess we'll see in a few months, hopefully.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Talas said:

As an addition to the 3.0 rumors, Rob from The Honest Wargamer just said in their podcast that the new Stormcasts will be "Bretonnia" themed.

I am both really excited and nervous at the prospect of Brettonnian themed Stormcast. 

Stormcast on horses would look odd due to their proportions. 
Stormcast with Bretonnian style heraldry and armour, I would be into it but overall neutral.
Stormcast on various mounts with the appropriate armour and heraldry would be great.
Knights of Azyr as a mounted horse riding force of heroes on their way to becoming true Stormcast and useable within a Stormcast army? Now we are cooking!  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I get why people are annoyed at LRL. My one hope for aos 3 is they try to bring more back and forth into the game. Magic has basically reached a point where you either pretty much guarantee being able to do all your spells or you don't play magic at all. 

Likewise they can't seem to balance shooting at all. It always seems to land in horribly overpowered or totally useless territory. I honestly feel like aos could really benefit from shooting being you go, I go.

Also let's just get rid of fight first from the game. Every faction that has had access to reliable fight first, ID, FEC, Slaanesh has spent time as an overpowered army. 

These type of mechanics can be countered with clever positioning, screens etc but overall they don't feel great. Especially among casual players they give the impression of being unstoppable. 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

I've never had a NPE due to a powerful army, no matter how many rules it has or how hot it is in the meta. 

My NPE (and I'm happy to say are few and far between) have always been down to players moaning how powerful an army is and how it can't be beaten and how it stole their girlfriend and replaced the milk in their cornflakes with a unsuitable replacement! 

I can't wait to face the Lumineth, to find a way to beat them and overcome the army. 

Bring it on!!! 

well good for you but you are in statistical minority when it comes to NPE due to game mechanics. 

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Urauloth said:

The Crimson Court will, at least, make fantastic Vampire Lord models regardless of how their warscroll pans out.

Yeah, there's definitely that. But even at 2000 points, we're allowed, what, 8 heroes? Between the existing old hero models, the ones in Cursed City, and the three vamp lords, and one mounted barrow wight we have seen so far for Gravelords, adding 4 more individual heroes just floods that battlefield Niche. I really hope that the underworlds warband gets a beefy elite warscroll representing a unit of 4 scary vampires but doesn't take a hero slot. Same with the Cursed City Vrykuls or the old Vargheists. That way i can run easily run them in an army. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Talas said:

As an addition to the 3.0 rumors, Rob from The Honest Wargamer just said in their podcast that the new Stormcasts will be "Bretonnia" themed.

link? that sounds... ehh. I'd rather see an underused aesthetic like Mesopotamia or Persia or literally anything besides French Knights But Fantasy.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Talas said:

As an addition to the 3.0 rumors, Rob from The Honest Wargamer just said in their podcast that the new Stormcasts will be "Bretonnia" themed.

Dang, where was this info a month ago when I started planning a Bretonnian Stormcast kit-bash list. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gothmaug said:

Yeah, there's definitely that. But even at 2000 points, we're allowed, what, 8 heroes? Between the existing old hero models, the ones in Cursed City, and the three vamp lords, and one mounted barrow wight we have seen so far for Gravelords, adding 4 more individual heroes just floods that battlefield Niche. I really hope that the underworlds warband gets a beefy elite warscroll representing a unit of 4 scary vampires but doesn't take a hero slot. Same with the Cursed City Vrykuls or the old Vargheists. That way i can run easily run them in an army. 

This is where I'm at too. My HOPE is that Gravelords gets elite Vampire foot infantry. Basically non mounted Blood Knights. Maybe min unit sizes of 3-5 with max unit size of 6-10.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...