The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, mojojojo101 said:

Aren't House Cawdor supposed to be the focus for Necromunda's Book of Faith thingy (excuse my ignorance, I know next to nothing about Necromunda). I suspect that will be a big focus for this Saturday's preview.

They are, but I don’t think they’ll be a ‘big focus’ - it’s just a book that we know is coming and one kit.

5 hours ago, Still-young said:

The next Necromunda release is the Cawdor book ‘House of Faith’. 

Yeah, and since the Redemptionists belongs to that House, it fits !

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/03/15/this-new-redemptionist-likes-fire-so-much-he-made-a-hat-out-of-it/ 

1 hour ago, SlyRebirth said:

"We’ll be showing off all of the new Redemptionist models on Saturday as part of the latest Warhammer Preview Online so make sure you tune in, or you may be deemed to be a heretic."

So left-hand model is very likely to be from this.

Looking forward to some good Devoted conversions materials with Cawdor and Redemptionists

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DoctorPerils said:

Hi, great job on the pict-magick :)is it ok if I share this on a 40k forum? The chap on the left looks suspiciously space marine-y

Feel free to. Though, left seems to be in such an awkward position if they aren't cavalry. I'm like 90% it's something mounted even if it isn't BKs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Yeah, and since the Redemptionists belongs to that House, it fits !

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/03/15/this-new-redemptionist-likes-fire-so-much-he-made-a-hat-out-of-it/ 

Looking forward to some good Devoted conversions materials with Cawdor and Redemptionists

They would also make good Aqshi humans. What he's holding is clearly just a handgun.

On 3/14/2021 at 2:07 PM, Ratboy genius said:

I'd hope they'd bring up the rest of the OBR tome to fill the hole left by gutting petrifex, instead of band aid adding more stuff

I understand that feeling, but I don't think the change to Petrifex crushed the army. It just took out the night & day difference obvious option.

So, if they add new stuff, I really would prefer that they don't do anything necessitating a new Battletome. Repurchasing/replacing limited edition books stinks. If they are going to replace books, the Death Guard approach is right.

For those who don't know, the original limited DG Codex had a poster, a map with force organization stuff, metal tokens, a tracker device, some card assistant options, and a very cool book in the box.

When the new book hit recently, it was a nice enough book, but even though it replaced all the rules in the old book, you still felt like the old version was useful and cool. You didn't/don't feel like you wasted your money by upgrading to the premium version. These new quickly-replaced Battletomes make you hesitate to spend on the upgrade. The limited versions are just not premium enough to justify buying over the regular option when it's only "good" for a year to 18 months.

So yeah, give me some new Bonereapers stuff, but don't trash a premium book I've not even had for two years.

8 hours ago, Jeremierty said:

The 2 moons are a nice catch ! But I am almost certain this is not tyrion ( if only due to the fact he would have sun imagery instead) 

Could be new Dragon Princes. (I'm still hitching my wagon to it being a horse guy of some sort.)

• Like 2

I don't think these are Lumineth, and new Dragon Princes likely also would be more on the Tyrionic side - so sporting sun symbols. It does look like some kind of cavalry though. 

The Lumineth reveals are done, I doubt we see anything new related to them anymore. They might show more of BR Teclis if there are other, yet unrevealed models (like OBR) which come along with it. But I think in terms of marketing they are already beyond BR Teclis and the LRL until pre-order announcement week when they want people to prepare parting with their money. 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, elfhead said:

I really love dragon princes. And I could see te top of the silhouette being some kind dragon styled helmet (vampires? Night lords?) But more Lumineth models would probably start a riot.

Did we get any new silhouettes? 

The silhouette yesterday was just the Skitarii guy again. 

0E52CBE6-F0A4-42C5-8A88-6C4C180878C2.jpeg

dscn6795.jpg

9 hours ago, Sleboda said:

Could be new Dragon Princes. (I'm still hitching my wagon to it being a horse guy of some sort.)

While I'm still having trouble seeing the lower section being a horse (perhaps with barding, but still?) - the helmet could be some style of Kabuto - perhaps the OBR cavalry character that was menmention the "moons" actually being silhouettes of the kinds of flaps or wings of the helmet?

Edited by DoctorPerils

3 hours ago, elfhead said:

I really love dragon princes. And I could see te top of the silhouette being some kind dragon styled helmet (vampires? Night lords?) But more Lumineth models would probably start a riot.

Dragon Prince/Blood Knight dual kit. It's how everyone used Dragon Princes for the longest time anyway. Why fight it, GW?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sleboda said:

It could be Cavlary. I dunno why but I keep going back to Gloomspite. Perhaps it's a Grot mounted on some subterranean centipede creature.

46 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

It could be Cavlary. I dunno why but I keep going back to Gloomspite. Perhaps it's a Grot mounted on some subterranean centipede creature.

Man's got his Destruction schtick, can't fault him for sticking to it!

I think it's Blood Knights, GW I think wants to phase out finecast/metal soonish, so since soulblight is getting a bunch of dudes it'd make sense

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ratboy genius said:

Man's got his Destruction schtick, can't fault him for sticking to it!

I think it's Blood Knights, GW I think wants to phase out finecast/metal soonish, so since soulblight is getting a bunch of dudes it'd make sense

Yeah I am leaning towards Bloodknights or a new mounted Vampire lord. It could be something in my blindspot such as Necromunda or the like. Most of the questions come from the crescent shapes on the shoulders but crescents are not always moons... maybe they are croissants?

But I feel this happens every preview, we get a silhouette and then overhype it and when it is revealed to be something cool we get disappointed because our fan theories were even cooler than that. This of course also goes for Rumour Engine pics. It is strange as speculating is probably my favourite part of the hobby but also what leads to the most disapointment.

Kaninchen_und_Ente.svg

Some argue it is a Duck others a Rabbit... we on the other hand argue that this confirms either Tzeentch or Skaven!

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Jeremierty said:

New rumour engine ! Feels 40k though 

Screenshot_2021-03-16-13-16-27-945_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Getting a dwarf vibe off that- well constructed/engineered plus the blurb [which may have nothing to do with it] - hints days long past. Looks very clean for 40k imperium.. probably wishful thinking on my part though. 

• Like 1