The Rumour Thread

38 minutes ago, dekay said:

Or it will be the 'named' variant (similar to Nemmetar) of the new Wight King, but that would probably require Gravelords to come out at simiar time to BR Teclis.

Might be the hint of a dual box like Slaanesh and DoK? Maybe each broken realm book will come with a dual box providing a hero for an upcoming release. 

Didn't the Slaanesh Lord of Pain get a name in some Broken Realms material? Slaanesh was not one of the featured factions in the book and the book previewed the army's release.

Edited by Neverchosen

34 minutes ago, dekay said:

Or it will be the 'named' variant (similar to Nemmetar) of the new Wight King, but that would probably require Gravelords to come out at simiar time to BR Teclis.

I thought so for a moment, too, but since that Hammerhal Herald post is most likely about BR: Teclis, and we know Soulblight/Legions are not in there, I don't believe this anymore.

1 minute ago, Landohammer said:

I dont follow Soulbound RPG but some of the pages were apparently leaked. They include reference to the imminent return of the "Hunter God".

Another good sign for Kurnothi! 

20210309_200357.jpg

May be of interest to Kurnothi fans, in the book Dark Harvest.. (spoilers)

Kurnoth is brought back to life after a long sleep, then slaughtering his human cultists, letting the protagonist leave as he was a true hunter

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, Landohammer said:

There is also another kurnothi fuzzy picture from some of the reveals. It is different from the Cursed City guy. So thats pretty good news!

Especially since Kurnothi already have an Underworld unit. So this could possibly be a dedicated AOS kit. 

20210309_201338.jpg

FBM0fzc3w3G54Ech.jpg

That is the cursed city kurnothi hero everything matches it. I haven't seen any other kurnothi images yet, maybe there will be more in the coming year tho

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

When GW said sales would return to normal on the 20th does that mean Pre orders are up from the 13th and sell on the 20th or Preorder the 20th for sale the 27th?

The Dark Eldar stuff goes up for preorder on the 20th. There’s no preorders this weekend (13th). 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Landohammer said:

There is also another kurnothi fuzzy picture from some of the reveals. It is different from the Cursed City guy.

I'm pretty sure the kurnothi hero is not a guy (then again, you never know 😂 ). I also fear it's supposed to be her. I do hope they will release a unit like her though in the future. She's a great mini.

On 2/20/2021 at 2:51 PM, PJetski said:

We don't know this for certain, nothing has been confirmed yet. The third book could be Belakor while the fourth could be Alarielle.

Aw yeah I was right about Belakor B|

Edited by PJetski
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

This is interesting! The next question is: which are the most interesting games in this list? (can't play 'em all 🤔 )

The original Dawn of War is a great RTS, though much better and more varied with its 3 expansions.
Vermintide 2 is basically a better Left for Dead with Warhammer paint.
Space Marine is a solid 3rd person shooter.
Total Warhammer is a fantastic strategy game in the vein of Total War.

• Like 2

Looking at these new Warhammer animations, it's a shame that AoS doesn't have anywhere near the fan content behind it.

AoS is obviously more popular than Fantasy and still increasing in popularity, but it's a shame that nearly all well received non-GW Warhammer material is 40k or Fantasy. It's like, despite Fantasy hardly having any players (or at least buyers) of the core game, the world itself remains popular in the cultural zeitgeist. Whereas AoS sells models, but hardly has a popular footprint outside of GW Warhammer fans. 

I hope this changes soon. It feels like AoS has a lot of passionate fans about the models and battle reports, but you rarely see cosplays or full on larps, or good video games, or in depth lore discussions. Much of this is due to time, but 6 years is a substantial amount.

• Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 1

52 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

So so so so happy to see Syama get an official project. Astartes is perhaps my favourite visual media representation of the Universe and it has reached sooo many non warhammer fans around the world. Absolutely made up for him. Nice to see GW snapped his talent up. 

It's a suprise, I thought he'd already turned them down on the basis that he was making ridiculous money off his combined normal animation job and the patreon for Astartes, and that GW couldn't even come close to matching that. I do hope they upped what they were offering rather than browbeating him into submission.

• Like 1