Jump to content

The Rumour Thread


Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, chosen_of_khaine said:

It is important to remember that "Gods" in this setting aren't nearly as powerful as you'd often think. Katakros held his own against Sigmar himself in a duel, and not even Gal Maraz could permamently slay him. I don't think there's anything in the lore that says Sigmar is any more powerful than Nagash, Teclis, Tyrion, Alarielle, etc., all of whom have playable models.

I haven't really looked into Sigmar in AoS, but I read something about Karl franz turning into Sigmar. Is that still the lore?

 

I also think it doesn't seem strange if Sigmar had a model.

 

But then I wonder, should all the chaos gods also have models? Or they are such powerful forces the they shouldn't?

 

What about gorkamorka and the other gods?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Howdyhedberg said:

I haven't really looked into Sigmar in AoS, but I read something about Karl franz turning into Sigmar. Is that still the lore?

 

I also think it doesn't seem strange if Sigmar had a model.

 

But then I wonder, should all the chaos gods also have models? Or they are such powerful forces the they shouldn't?

 

What about gorkamorka and the other gods?

 

Sigmar and his peers all started as mortals. So they are like daemon princes. Sigmar really should have a model. Shall we call them lesser gods?

As regards greater gods (ruinous powers, Gorkamorka), I can’t see why they can’t be modelled also. After all, they do have a discrete form in lore. However, fielding them in AoS would be like fielding a Titan in 40k. That did happen when Adeptus Titanicus first came out. People built their own enormous titan models just ‘cause they could. AoS players who feel so included could do the same and make greater god models for narrative play. Those models might be over two feet tall, though.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Random question but of all the Factions that came over from the World the Was how many have received new units and updates outside of Underworlds/Warcry?

Tricky - Daughters of Khaine were old Dark Elves and a got a lot of new models, but they might count as a new force since so many of the old Dark Elf were cut out of that force. Fyreslayers are the same as are Flesheater Courts. Sylvaneth are, again, another "new army" that's part of an old one. Again a bitter sweet situation where one part (ents) got updated and the other part (aelves) have only lost models. 

 

 

Skaven got 1 new model, though they did get a few during the End Times
All 4  Chaos Gods have done well - seriously well going from 1 army to 4
Ogors got a new model (Tyrant) 
Goblins got a whole host with the Gloompsite Gitz, but they also lost a few such as wolfriders and such. 
Vampires are about to do seriously well with a big (hopeful) update
Slaves to Darkness has had odd updates - a few new models, new warcry warbands, new warriors and knights but only in the getting started set. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Damn that is an amazing model! These centrepiece figures are just fantastic- they keep upping their game. Looking forward to them giving Kurnoth/Orion, anything Duardin a similar quality of kit [and an eldar avatar/tyranid monster would be epic too]. I think a fair few collectors/modellers/painters will picking this guy up when he's released! I wonder what Soulblight might get..

  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gosh this sculpt is sexy! 
My bets for the BR:Belakor Book:

  • More refined Daemon Alligience
  • Belakor new rules
  • Belakor still in StD
  • Belakor gets a "Sacrifice a Model to do stuff" rule to keep the base thematicaly less of an issue while beeing a StD unit
     
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, silverstu said:

Damn that is an amazing model! These centrepiece figures are just fantastic- they keep upping their game. Looking forward to them giving Kurnoth/Orion, anything Duardin a similar quality of kit [and an eldar avatar/tyranid monster would be epic too]. I think a fair few collectors/modellers/painters will picking this guy up when he's released! I wonder what Soulblight might get..

All of that. I know some people prefer the ground stories, of thieves and everyday life in aos and Necromunda. But for me It’s these showstoppers. I so badly want each race to have a God/avatar for their respective army. Sigmar and something Dwarven would hit the spot just fine. Destruction of nada though, not counting Gordrakk - But as I’ve said before, if that skelly boy can get an awesome god Model then so can everyone else.

 

I saw someone mention why can’t the Chaos Gods have models too. In a way their Daemons are them (goes to a Cutscene of Skarbrand lashing at khorne taunting and saying “stop hitting yourself”). At least this is what I’ve heard and it makes sense many ways, where the mortals and beast are devotees, Sigmar would have little Barabarians, or elementals of Lightning (looks at stormcast and wishes they were little Barbarian swarms). But you get my drift I hope. The Chaos Gods, at least to hoe I see them are themselves elemental like and not of the Mortal Realms, I just don't think the Realms would be able to support the paradoxical essence that are the Chaos Gods, so they are in a way Imprisoned within their own Realm. Ways I see it. Guinea Pigs and Blue Whales are both Mammals, but not really woth comparing the two beyond that.

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Scythian said:

Belakor is such an awesome model! I can’t wait to watch my Gatebreaker strangle him to death in my first game against him. 

Gargantuan smack down mate!!

1 hour ago, Overread said:

Tricky - Daughters of Khaine were old Dark Elves and a got a lot of new models, but they might count as a new force since so many of the old Dark Elf were cut out of that force. Fyreslayers are the same as are Flesheater Courts. Sylvaneth are, again, another "new army" that's part of an old one. Again a bitter sweet situation where one part (ents) got updated and the other part (aelves) have only lost models. 

 

 

Skaven got 1 new model, though they did get a few during the End Times
All 4  Chaos Gods have done well - seriously well going from 1 army to 4
Ogors got a new model (Tyrant) 
Goblins got a whole host with the Gloompsite Gitz, but they also lost a few such as wolfriders and such. 
Vampires are about to do seriously well with a big (hopeful) update
Slaves to Darkness has had odd updates - a few new models, new warcry warbands, new warriors and knights but only in the getting started set. 

1 new Model for Skaven and Ogors in 5 years is quite sad. Especially for the Rat Men!! Heres hoping 3.0 is the Edition of Destruction and updating of older and smaller ranges. My real Hope's are that Sons of Behemat get a 3rd kit. Ogor Mawtribes are expanded with Firebellies and the resin ranges updated. Orruk Warclans to be updated and finally Skaven and all Duardin get a massive overhaul.

1 hour ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

I must repress all internal screaming as this model looks SOOOOOOO cool - I knew we'd expect a proper glow-up but it has to be said...the sculptors at GW are real proper artists and deserve so much credit for the absolute gorgeous models in the last few years!

Honestly this model is oozing in quality and it better win Best Mini of 2021 unless there is something else around the corner... though whoever's designed it  better get a massive raise or Christmas bonus!!

1 hour ago, silverstu said:

Damn that is an amazing model! These centrepiece figures are just fantastic- they keep upping their game. Looking forward to them giving Kurnoth/Orion, anything Duardin a similar quality of kit [and an eldar avatar/tyranid monster would be epic too]. I think a fair few collectors/modellers/painters will picking this guy up when he's released! I wonder what Soulblight might get..

I'm hoping for a massive Vampiric monster!! Perhaps a Vampire Mega Gargant!?

  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Marius au said:

Belakor looks sensational.

It is also really odd that the BR site hasn't been updated for BR Teclis.

We probably see a BR Teclis site for like 2 weeks, or they don't bother at all and just jump right to BR Belakor : ). 

It's pretty similar to the Hedonites situation where they showed them, and then went into promoting Cursed City and the Lumineth until the preview week for some reason. Looks like Broken Realms will experience the same kind of joy ride the 40k community had with their campaign last year - with a new book every months once they start trying to catch up. 

Edited by LuminethMage
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

AoS has most armies in need of a big update. 

They are either like Seraphon and Skaven - big ranges with lots of choice ,but loads of old legacy models that are in sore need of an update. 

Then there's armies like Fyreslayers, Flesheaters, Idoneth etc.... who have small to modest ranges, but sorely lack a lot of variety and options. 

Then there's a few like Nighthaunt, Stormcast who have big diverse armies and right now don't really need anything new

Then there's Cities of Sigmar who are somewhat a special case in that we don't really know what the heck GW is going to do with them long term. 

 

 

As you can see the 3rd group is quite small, in fact its tiny. It's also held back by the other armies not updating. See if you start to want to add things to Stormcast right now its tricky because they already have  complete toolbox of options. Adding new things is almost repeating what they already do in some form somewhere in the army. It's only by expanding on what's already there that they can grow and diversify even more.

 

Personally I'd like to see GW at least separate troops and cavalry into two subgroups. I'd even welcome troops then splitting into light, medium and heavy, though appreciate that's a bit trickier. I think creating more niches would allow for things to stand out a bit more and have more strategic depth to them. Heck artillery is one slot many armies don't have anything for what so ever - Fyreslayers, Flesheaters, Daughters of Khaine - all have nothing that counts for artillery

 

That said I think so long as GW (very soon) stops adding new armies, they will do Ok with AoS. Much as I love them, Ossiarchs were a surprise release. We still have Vampires on the horizon and Malarions Aelves as another future likely army; then there's what the heck GW does with cities of sigmar and orruks and if they add another army or two to Destruction. So that easily rounds out quite  a few new forces. I'd far rathe they slowed down and more armies got the Lumineth treatment. Their second wave is easily going to shift them into the Nighthaunt and Stormcast block. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Overread said:

AoS has most armies in need of a big update. 

They are either like Seraphon and Skaven - big ranges with lots of choice ,but loads of old legacy models that are in sore need of an update. 

Then there's armies like Fyreslayers, Flesheaters, Idoneth etc.... who have small to modest ranges, but sorely lack a lot of variety and options. 

Then there's a few like Nighthaunt, Stormcast who have big diverse armies and right now don't really need anything new

Then there's Cities of Sigmar who are somewhat a special case in that we don't really know what the heck GW is going to do with them long term. 

 

 

As you can see the 3rd group is quite small, in fact its tiny. It's also held back by the other armies not updating. See if you start to want to add things to Stormcast right now its tricky because they already have  complete toolbox of options. Adding new things is almost repeating what they already do in some form somewhere in the army. It's only by expanding on what's already there that they can grow and diversify even more.

 

Personally I'd like to see GW at least separate troops and cavalry into two subgroups. I'd even welcome troops then splitting into light, medium and heavy, though appreciate that's a bit trickier. I think creating more niches would allow for things to stand out a bit more and have more strategic depth to them. Heck artillery is one slot many armies don't have anything for what so ever - Fyreslayers, Flesheaters, Daughters of Khaine - all have nothing that counts for artillery

 

That said I think so long as GW (very soon) stops adding new armies, they will do Ok with AoS. Much as I love them, Ossiarchs were a surprise release. We still have Vampires on the horizon and Malarions Aelves as another future likely army; then there's what the heck GW does with cities of sigmar and orruks and if they add another army or two to Destruction. So that easily rounds out quite  a few new forces. I'd far rathe they slowed down and more armies got the Lumineth treatment. Their second wave is easily going to shift them into the Nighthaunt and Stormcast block. 

Cities Of Sigmar has potential to expand each individual sub faction (Dispossessed, Order Serpentis etc). Unfortunately I fear Cities is the end of the line for them. I’m worried that they’ll never be updated again and probably discontinued in the next edition. To me, that book was a stopgap so they could say everything got aos2 rules

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, The Red King said:

Karl Franz did not become Sigmar. Sigmar was a mortal man named Sigmar back in the world that was and became a god in that setting long before AoS.

Error.

In end of times when karl franz died,sigmar entered to his corpse to figth for a time.

In aos we have some stories telling us that celestant prime was a big king and hero of the old world and have gal maraz,so it isnt ofitial but many people think he is karl franz

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Doko said:

Error.

In end of times when karl franz died,sigmar entered to his corpse to figth for a time.

In aos we have some stories telling us that celestant prime was a big king and hero of the old world and have gal maraz,so it isnt ofitial but many people think he is karl franz

 

The celestant prime is a king who was born the the age of myth(or in the beginning of the age of chaos).  He is not karl franz

Edited by xking
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Also a lesser god. Sigmar had to free him.

Only because he stayed to krump stuff when Sigmar locked himself in the closet!

4 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

Cities Of Sigmar has potential to expand each individual sub faction (Dispossessed, Order Serpentis etc). Unfortunately I fear Cities is the end of the line for them. I’m worried that they’ll never be updated again and probably discontinued in the next edition. To me, that book was a stopgap so they could say everything got aos2 rules

This was what I thought before, but I think the popularity of Cities surprised GW.

We have Cursed City as the first full product that probably started design after Cities was released that's heroed mostly by models that would fit right in a Cities lineup.

If GW is going to dump Cities, I suspect they will not do so until TOW is fully released.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Marius au said:

Belakor looks sensational.

It is also really odd that the BR site hasn't been updated for BR Teclis.

I'm eagerly awaiting the site update in case we get some new boxsets for the featured armies.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, rosa said:

I would prefer if we get 2 Warscrolls...

One as the old version, which is totally fine rulewise. Especially for a 240?! points model. One could use the older Finecast model to play him.

And then the new pumped up version Warscroll for the new model which will be like 400-500 points and does the new model and size justice.

Play narrative play. Their you can use any warscroll you want from all years of aos.

11 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Smaug-Sized on Dracothion 😍

Srsly though: both would need to be separate. Also if Sigmar ever joined the fray, his rules would almost certainly be underwhelming. I‘d rather him empower the Celestant prime.

I think it's more likely that Dracothion would be the battlefield instead of a model on the battlefield. Behemat had the size of an entire region. And Argentine was as large as the entire hanging valleys  (which should have a similar size to Dracothion).

Edited by EMMachine
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

If it's a Gargant, it better be a proper Frankenstein monster for maximum Castlevania vibes.

Nah, not AoS-y enough. It will be a giant mosquito lizzard with a tomb on it´s back and a ballista on it's tail.

 

As for new factions: I sometimes wonder if some factions are "shallow" by design so people jump around more. Of whether it was a sole marketing experiment what sells more kits: Many small factions or few bigger ones. Althrough for this I wonder that we didn´t received more community feedback forms to fill.

We have several teased factions by GW but I wonder how many of them will really be released. Kurnothi as well as Shadow-Aelves (which in my opinion differ from DoK aesthetics so it is quite clear they are supposed to be Malerion-Aelves) are both potential factions, althrough we should keep in mind both are Specialist Games ranges which could have been designed on their own, or beeing reused models from some pitch-meetings for new ranges. Keep in mind at GW HQ noone knows what the others are doing to prevent leaks. Rules writers receive finished lore and models and so on.  Should GW decide to release more Aelves I would tend to rename the game into Age of Aelves btw.

Cities of Sigmar are in a weird but yet interesting spot. They started as a lovechild of a ruleswriter who pitched an almost finished work product and provided an opportunity to sell more dated kits longer with only low invest (print 1 book). In the end, the sales numbers will decide whether GW will flesh them out into a solid faction with it´s own sculpts, or if they drop them together with the remaining old kits and call it a day. But even when GW should decide to keep the faction around, I don´t see many of the old kits staying for too long. It´s all a single business decision. I see ton's of design potential here to upgrade them to a more unique AOS-typical design. The cursed city miniatures are a good hint how this might look.

As for other potential factions: Dwarfs reunited is a thing in the lore that is often requested but I would assume to see it beeing fed off as a alligience within a BrokenRealms book. It's more appealing to sell 3 tomes+BR (CoS, Fyreslayers and KO) instead of a single tome. Same pattern is why I wouldn´t expect the Belakor book beeing followed by a Daemons Tome. The current way the rules are split on 5 factions and by owning models of each of them you can be potentially lured to flesh each of them out ('huh, when I already own 1000k of Khorne Daemons I could buy that Bloodsecrator as well as some Wrathmongers'). 

Edited by Charleston
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...