The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Is tomorrow a preview or sth.? This week has been lacking news-wise

Nope just a quiet week. I’d expect pre orders next Saturday for AOS either cursed city or broken realms. Broken realms is definitely coming this month unsure on cursed city.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, SirSalabean said:

Nope just a quiet week. I’d expect pre orders next Saturday for AOS either cursed city or broken realms. Broken realms is definitely coming this month unsure on cursed city.

speaking of which, anybody know how they're gonna do Adepticon this year? I cannot go through the multiple small previews again.

I mean, we just had a huge AoS only preview show like two weeks ago.

I'm sure in time they'll do another one. If AoS 3rd Edition is still slated to come out this year especially, that's going to be the biggest possible announcement for AoS.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, JustAsPlanned said:

Even if there’s gonna be no Adepticon this year, GW’s gonna do SOMETHING. What that something’ll be and whether it’s a big preview (the dream) or several little ones (the nightmare) is yet to be seen.

Theyll probably want to make it into little previews. We're fighting back against the Virus and every adult is said to have had the first dose of vaccine by July but that doesnt mean supply issues and the like will be fixes by then, I really hope so!! But in case they're not theyll split the Previews up and that way if things get back on track theyll throw another big one our way.

40 minutes ago, madmac said:

I'm sure in time they'll do another one. If AoS 3rd Edition is still slated to come out this year especially, that's going to be the biggest possible announcement for AoS.

My best guess for 3.0 is August as of now. Its Destructions time to shine WAAAAGH!!

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, madmac said:

If we got another big preview my guess is that will be focused on 40k. But I don't know what they could reveal more than codex reworks and the sisters already shown..

On the subject of Soulblight troops, if we don't get any vampires infantry, and I hope we do (I want my Underworld, the movie, army of vampire knights), I wish that means that they make vampire heroes super elite and strong in stats to represent the fact that they are uncommon and powerful. I always liked, in Fantasy, that vampire lords could rival chaos lords and all the uber strong lord of others races. It made our opponent trembling and sweating when our Blood dragon lord charged or duelled their big bad overstuffed leader 😁

Or just give us a 3 man unit of swordman/caster elite vampire infantry(and mounted) blood knight...

Edited by Harioch

I think the Soulblight Warhammer Underworlds warband implies that there will at least be vampires as elite foot infantry - we've so far never had an Underworlds warband composed only of heroes, and usually each warband member comes from one of the army's units. Which means we could see multiple vampire infantry units - winged vampires, big bruiser vampires, and agile dual-wielder vampires.

We've also got vampire infantry in Cursed City - the weird wolf people with greatswords. 

To me that all adds up to there being infantry-level vampires. 

• Like 1

Hi guys ! Just created a poll to have some facts to settle a discussion with my gaming buddy I'd really appreciate it if you could answer the poll about how you feel playing the same army that your friend !

Thanks a lot !! 

Really hoping a lumineth announcement tomorrow so we can finally have a balanced battletome and talk about what is really missing in the game : Duardins !! :) (And also a king brodd model for our favourite member of the community :)

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Jeremierty said:

Hi guys ! Just created a poll to have some facts to settle a discussion with my gaming buddy I'd really appreciate it if you could answer the poll about how you feel playing the same army that your friend !

Thanks a lot !! 

Really hoping a lumineth announcement tomorrow so we can finally have a balanced battletome and talk about what is really missing in the game : Duardins !! :) (And also a king brodd model for our favourite member of the community :)

Answered the poll mate!! We really do need new Duardin blood injected into the game and thanks for the support mate!! Really appreciate it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

We're still missing at least two elf factions (kurnothi and Malerion) plus we need Tyrion lumineth. I hope they focus on making sure elves are supported before doing any other order stuff.

Get in line pointy ears//

Dwarfs were here first here so they should have get all their wave 2 models before any elf. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

11 hours ago, robinlvalentine said:

I think the Soulblight Warhammer Underworlds warband implies that there will at least be vampires as elite foot infantry - we've so far never had an Underworlds warband composed only of heroes, and usually each warband member comes from one of the army's units. Which means we could see multiple vampire infantry units - winged vampires, big bruiser vampires, and agile dual-wielder vampires.

We've also got vampire infantry in Cursed City - the weird wolf people with greatswords. 

I think the opposite on this actually.  I suspect they are showing us all of the Vampiric bloodlines in the underworlds warband.

The one in blood red plate will be the Blood dragon/Vhordrai bloodline

The tall one with mace is the Mannefried bloodline

The twin sword vampire is Neferata bloodline.

The winged one is the new Vyrkos  bloodline.  

I suspect the Crimson Court AOS warscroll will be all four of them together as a unit and the unit will function with the hero keyword just like the Varanguard can do in their sub faction.

• Like 1

If vampires are not heaven infantry but just heroes, it is possible that we see the first army with no limit to leaders? That way you could field as many vampires you want. Or maybe depending on the bloodline you can field up to X vampires exceeding the battlefield role like FEC can exceed the limit of behemoths?

20 hours ago, robinlvalentine said:

Sadly, Underworlds Warbands contain models all the time that don’t correlate to AoS units
-Lumineth: Myari Lightcaller is a unique wizard, the Swordmaster (although we’re getting a unit soon).
-Fyreslayers: Vulkite Berzerker with 2handed axe.
-Sylvaneth: Tree Revenant with bow.
-Flesh-Eaters: the bats.
-Gloomspite: wolf riders, winged Squig 

4 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

Sadly, Underworlds Warbands contain models all the time that don’t correlate to AoS units
-Lumineth: Myari Lightcaller is a unique wizard, the Swordmaster (although we’re getting a unit soon).
-Fyreslayers: Vulkite Berzerker with 2handed axe.
-Sylvaneth: Tree Revenant with bow.
-Flesh-Eaters: the bats.
-Gloomspite: wolf riders, winged Squig 

I think their point was mainly to do with the fact that underworld Warbands generally don't have more than two models of a "hero" level or up - the others are either fairly direct port-overs of units, or of a comparable level when compared to them.

If the soulblight team were the exception, then either they'd be entirely unbalanced compared to the other Warbands, or gravelords' soulblight heroes are going to be way underpowered from what they should be

Edited by DoctorPerils
  • Like 1