The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

That's no Kurnothi though ;) (no hooves!) I smell a rebranding of all wanderers incoming. Sonn they'll be incorporated into the new Kurnothi faction :)
Awesome model!

They don't all necessarily need hooves.

When Beastgrave came out, BL also released a short story "The Warden in the Mountain" that is about a group of Wanderers taking a test in beastgrave. Some of them have hooves and/or horns, which is taken as a sign of divine favor but is otherwise unremarkable.

With this model, I'm pretty sure that's the direction they are going with. Kurnothi are going to be rebranded Wanderers.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

New take: It would seem that the main distinction between Wanderers and Kurnothi, at this point, depends of if they returned to live with the Sylvaneth after Alarielle has forgiven them their betrayal. The new lady is mentioned to have lived in the place known only to  sylvaneth, which would be impossible before Alarielle changed her mind. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, xking said:

I'm calling it know, Broken Realms Alarielle will bring back(or lead to)  the wanderers/kurnothi  as their own faction. 

This might be a sign that they're not going to be put into the sylvaneth, rather their own faction with new models + current wanderers models?

I see a bunch of people posting about this model moving away from the Beastgrave box but those horns don't look ornamental to me. I still assume that the Kurnothi are the aelves that remained to protect the Fauna rather than flora and so began to resemble the beasts of the woods rather than trees.

4 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I see a bunch of people posting about this model moving away from the Beastgrave box but those horns don't look ornamental to me. I still assume that the Kurnothi are the aelves that remained to protect the Fauna rather than flora and so began to resemble the beasts of the woods rather than trees.

I think it's a crown. They're too perfectly curved/carved to fit her head, rather than protruding outwards from it.  The Not-Centuar from Beastgrave (I forget his name) similarly has a helmet decorated with horns so it's not a new visual for Kurnothi if that is the case.

Either way, the existing Wanderer/Wood Elf models aren't so far removed from her they couldn't be reused.

Edited by Clan's Cynic

4 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I assumed its her own antlers, but really, it is a move away from the Beastgrave crew. She seems right in the middle, aesthetics wise, in between the Underworld Kurnothi and Wanderer range, hence the comment about possible merger.