The Rumour Thread

Eh I wouldn't expect GW to be rumouring the Kislive yet. Old World was 3 years off and that was before Corona. Whilst the Warhammer 3 team are much further along; GW is still in the concept design phase. It takes far longer to bring models to reality than it does for CA to add the designs to their game. 

10 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

And totally not because it opens the door for Tomb Kings to come back as their own, autonomous faction a few years down the line.

OBR didn't contain deserts, mummies or chariots.

There is more than enough thematic room there for a faction to exist, without treading on OBR's toes. You just need to omit the bone/skeleton stuff, and the Chad leader (sorry Settra)

The more prominant Neferata becomes, the more likely Khalida becomes IMHO.

Edited by Kyriakin

2 hours ago, KaptainWalrus said:

Found this image posted on a FB group.   The symbols seem to match pretty well...

FB_IMG_1612374663723.jpg

I'm not seeing it at all.

The centre of Katarin's are clearly gems, whilst at least two of the Rumour Engines appear to be symbols - probably all three. Hers are also covered in pearls and there are none on the RE, plus the lack of any dangling trinkets compared to the numerous on the RE. There's also a forth orb on the top right. The white background makes it clear they're not 'against' anything whilst Katarin's is clearly against her chest.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, PaniuBraniu said:

It's not about believing, it's about Chinese market size. Similarly, Tau sells very well in China.

But Tau is nothing chinese though 

it’s more like for Japanese gundam (sci-fi robotic mobile suits) franchise and spirit of Bushido

Edited by Whitefang

2 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

But Tau is nothing chinese though 

it’s more like for Japanese gundam (sci-fi robotic mobile suits) franchise and spirit of Bushido

Aesthetic is very occidental in general probably you are right that its rather Japanese/Korean. However their approach toward other cultures is very Chinese, not Japanese. Japan is very xenophobic as opposed to China.

1 hour ago, Kyriakin said:

OBR didn't contain deserts, mummies or chariots.

There is more than enough thematic room there for a faction to exist, without treading on OBR's toes. You just need to omit the bone/skeleton stuff, and the Chad leader (sorry Settra)

The more prominant Neferata becomes, the more likely Khalida becomes IMHO.

That would be a great way to ****** off TK fans.

I mean what is the point of TKs without Settra?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

If they keep Nagash as the sole leader of Death, there is no space for Settra. But if any undead character would hold their head high against Nagash, it would be Settra.

• Like 1

The announcement today actually made me think they might try to synchronize the release of TWW3 and The Old World.

When they first announced TOW (Nov 2019?) They said 2-3 years, and TWW3 is scheduled for "Late 2021", so it still might happen at the same time.

• Like 2

Interestingly, the Keeper in the video looks like Shalaxi over a regular keeper. While not an AoS character as such (they've appeared more in 40k), it's an interesting choice if so as they were never in Fantasy.   

(Could not find a high res pic of Shalaxi's OG painjob but they do have goat eyes - you can just about make out the identical earrings!) 

Screenshot_20210203-211439_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210203-211554_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20210203-212109_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Enoby
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Howling Lands and Glimmering Spear!?! SLANEESH HEADS TO THE SIEGE OF EXCELSIS!! This is definitely going to be a battle for the Ages with the Great Waaagh, Free Cities and now Slaneesh!!

Thats a BR book line up isn't it?

Orruk Warclans, Gloomspite Gitz, Sons of Behemat, Ogor Mawtribes, Cities of Sigmar and Hedonites of Slaanesh.

In other news Humble Bundle has 5 AoS books available for (at the time of writing 73p). Worth a punt if you don't already own them.

Edited by mojojojo101

40 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Interestingly, the Keeper in the video looks like Shalaxi over a regular keeper. While not an AoS character as such (they've appeared more in 40k), it's an interesting choice if so as they were never in Fantasy.   

(Could not find a high res pic of Shalaxi's OG painjob but they do have goat eyes - you can just about make out the identical earrings!) 

It would be literally least possible surprise if GW thrown existing (bolter free) deamons models into TOW. 

It's like zero effort (ok, maybe package) and puff you have nice hero/monster mini fitting into TOW. 

42 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Also, the Great Unclean One in the trailer also has a cloth cowl which suggests he's Rotigus.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, eciu said:

It would be literally least possible surprise if GW thrown existing (bolter free) deamons models into TOW. 

It's like zero effort (ok, maybe package) and puff you have nice hero/monster mini fitting into TOW. 

It's more surprising they didn't use a Fantasy KoS, such as N'kari who is much more tied to Fantasy's lore.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Raviv said:

The announcement today actually made me think they might try to synchronize the release of TWW3 and The Old World.

When they first announced TOW (Nov 2019?) They said 2-3 years, and TWW3 is scheduled for "Late 2021", so it still might happen at the same time.

Sorry mate the Old World was announced at the tail end of 2019 and it was announced it was years away. GW says coming soon and mean anywhere up to 6 months so years away I would guess at least 3-4 considering they've only got the title art done by November 2019. Throw in Covid changing things around and I'm guessing a 2023-2024 for the Old World. 

38 minutes ago, mojojojo101 said:

Thats a BR book line up isn't it?

Orruk Warclans, Gloomspite Gitz, Sons of Behemat, Ogor Mawtribes, Cities of Sigmar and Hedonites of Slaanesh.

In other news Humble Bundle has 5 AoS books available for (at the time of writing 73p). Worth a punt if you don't already own them.

Either that or it's the start of 3.0!!

3 hours ago, Thiagoma said:

Settra is going around killing every chaos thing he can find ..  he’s probably still in the very angry murder every demon  he can find phase  rather than  build a new empire phase yet 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thiagoma said:

Hello, despite my profile pic I am a TK fan, and will happily say that I got into them due to their theme of being badass not-egyptians. Though the possibility of  a lack of Settra sucks, any revival of glorious Nehekhara would be much loved(just like with Chaos Dwarfs).

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

part of the head piece too, either way daemon bowie rules.

• Like 1