The Rumour Thread

4 hours ago, alghero81 said:

So you are telling me that the most powerful spell caster of elvenkind, called the God of Illumination is not expected to have any foresight or ability to see major plot twists in the future? Then he should probably downgrade his titles a bit :)

He could start a club with Katakros . . .

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, sandlemad said:

It's clear that it wasn't supposed to have been shown yet and that some of this is down to assorted delays but I feel like "revealing the plot" is a bit much as a description.

What do we now know? That the forces of Hysh come to Shyish, score a victory over the Ossiarch forces on an open plain, pull down some fortresses, and return to Hysh. That's pretty broad strokes stuff. You could do a similar two-line summary for BR: Morathi - Morathi becomes a goddess and seizes Anvilgard - and it wouldn't come close to encapsulating the meat of the book.

A splatbook like this shouldn't be interchangeable with a blurb of itself. By rights there should be more going on. BR: Morathi had that, if BR: Teclis is at all similar, I would imagine it will too. I think folks needn't worry.

That’s the thing though, even in your small summary, there are some big changes in BR Morathi, but if that’s the whole plot of BR Teclis, it’s a big whole nothing burger. It’s a 40k story. Nagash doesn’t even feel slightly threatened or changed by what happened, in fact he felt more threatened before the invasion, and of course nothing much happens in the WD story about his attacks on Hysh. The whole thing couldn’t have happened and nothing would have changed.

This is like is a WD article would have said, Sigmar is ready to invade Ulgu, after retaking Avilgard from the fallen goddess Morathi, and having contained the prodigy of Slaanesh.  

That doesn’t mean there can’t be cool scenes, little stories or whatever in Teclis, and we likely already saw some of the nice artwork, but if that’s where BR is headed, I think it’s not great. 

They also have known now for a year that Covid can have a big impact on their release schedules, so I don’t think that’s a great excuse either. 

• Like 4

Isn't the new Lumineth novel coming out in March?  That is apparently about the Ossiarch invasion of Hysh, which I always took to happen after whatever Teclis did.

I haven't given up hope the Teclis BR will have interesting things happen.   I wasn't expecting Teclis to kill Nagash.....yet.

Don't know if I'm missing something but I don't see how anything shown in that article spoils BR teclis. 

Seems to me to be a prelude to the events set many years in the past: the first words of the article 'Long before'. 

There is also no mention of the necroquake which is kinda a big deal. 

I think this is coming out when it's meant to, before BR teclis. 

13 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Don't know if I'm missing something but I don't see how anything shown in that article spoils BR teclis. 

Seems to me to be a prelude to the events set many years in the past: the first words of the article 'Long before'. 

There is also no mention of the necroquake which is kinda a big deal. 

I think this is coming out when it's meant to, before BR teclis. 

I don't think so. The whole story of the Lumineth is that they have kept to themselves so far. They had no interest in other Realms whatsoever. 

It's after the Necroquake that Teclis changes his mind and starts building up a force to venture outside of Hysh. The Lumineth BT describes two big threats to the Lumineth & Hysh - Slaanesh escaping his bonds and Nagash. It would be really strange if there had been an wholesale invasion of Shyish before which is not mentioned at all in the LRL BT. 

The whole story also matches with the BR Teclis animation - venturing into Shyish to bring the light (eg. self-sacrificing to bring hope to the populations suffering under the OBR), and how it was announced. They never mentioned any clash between Teclis and Nagash anywhere before. The WD article would neatly pick-up from the BR Teclis story as described in the preview article and animation. 

And OBR don't exist for that long either. 

Edited by LuminethMage
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Just now, Ogregut said:

Seems I did miss something lol. 

Thanks @LuminethMage I do need to read the Lumineth BT. 

No problem. ^^  And I can be wrong of course. Wouldn't be the first time, lol. 

I also don't want to be misunderstood: I don't think Lumineth should just roll into Shyish and outright defeat Nagash, Teclis striking him down in a magical duel or something like that. Just this story (if that was all, which we don't know yet) feels like a rehashed HE/DE storyline of invasion and counter-invasion without much meaning or effect in the end. I like that GW has been bold so far with making some big changes to the  setting, and it would be nice if the LRL also get something done in their book. 

5 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

And OBR don't exist for that long either. 

Yep, while OBR as a faction existed since the Age of Myth, they were kept hidden in underground necropolis until Nagash found a valid general. Katakros was finally freed and rebuilt only after the Necroquake revealed the stormvault that was imprisoning his spirit.

Therefore the Hysh invasion of OBR is really recent and from that snippet we can conclude two things: Nagash is still alive and kicking, OBR are still in Hysh.

Anything else exciting could have happened in between but for me the most important thing is that this great rebellion of Death factions with Nagash losing his grip is less likely now (and for me this is a bonus as I don’t want to see Nagash removed from the scene until he can provide a diversion to Chaos forces).

44 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

Therefore the Hysh invasion of OBR is really recent and from that snippet we can conclude two things: Nagash is still alive and kicking, OBR are still in Hysh.

We also know it's recent because it literally just says so in the warcom article:

Warhammer Age of Sigmar’s inaugural Flashpoint series takes you right into the heart of one the key events unfolding within the setting of the Broken Realms.

As for this:

46 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

Anything else exciting could have happened in between but for me the most important thing is that this great rebellion of Death factions with Nagash losing his grip is less likely now (and for me this is a bonus as I don’t want to see Nagash removed from the scene until he can provide a diversion to Chaos forces).

While I think the article is a fairly large spoiler, I don't think we can comfortably say that Nagash will not be significantly weakened over the course of BR: Teclis.

Others have said that if what we saw in the article is all that happens in BR: Teclis, that would be disappointing: Teclis goes to Shyish, Lumineth fight some Bonereapers, more or less win, retreat back to Hysh, and Bonereapers start rebuilding with elf bones. Because that would kind of just be nothing, I would guess that this is only about the first half of the plot. Nurgle and Cities not being involved, even though we know they are in the book, lends credence to this.

So, what will likely happen in the second half? I think we have a hint in the warcom article:

[...] theirs was a war to spark hope in those peoples ground under the heel of the Ossiarch Empire, to prove the deathless tyrants could be resisted. Even as the aelves returned to Hysh, Nagash was plotting retribution. Teclis had made his play, now it was his turn.

To me, that reads like at least two more things will happen in BR: Teclis. Nagash's counter attack on Hysh (with the aid of Flesh Eater Courts, it looks like) and an uprising of the citizens of Shyish (probably where Cities of Sigmar comes in). Something major going wrong during these events might well weaken the grip Nagash has on Shyish.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

To me, that reads like at least two more things will happen in BR: Teclis. Nagash's counter attack on Hysh (with the aid of Flesh Eater Courts, it looks like) and an uprising of the citizens of Shyish (probably where Cities of Sigmar comes in). Something major going wrong during these events might well weaken the grip Nagash has on Shyish.

Since the book is featuring also maggotkin of nurgle : I expect Nurgle taking advantage of the events in order to invade Shysh/ to weak Nagash.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Since the book is featuring also maggotkin of nurgle : I expect Nurgle taking advantage of the events in order to invade Shysh/ to weak Nagash.

Good call! I'm not super knowledgeable about mortal realms history, but Nurgle has been been waiting for an opportunity to bring life back to Shyish, hasn't he? Maybe Horticulous Slimux will come back from Ghyran and start planting Gnarlmaws while Nagash is playing in Hysh.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

We also know it's recent because it literally just says so in the warcom article:

As for this:

While I think the article is a fairly large spoiler, I don't think we can comfortably say that Nagash will not be significantly weakened over the course of BR: Teclis.

Others have said that if what we saw in the article is all that happens in BR: Teclis, that would be disappointing: Teclis goes to Shyish, Lumineth fight some Bonereapers, more or less win, retreat back to Hysh, and Bonereapers start rebuilding with elf bones. Because that would kind of just be nothing, I would guess that this is only about the first half of the plot. Nurgle and Cities not being involved, even though we know they are in the book, lends credence to this.

So, what will likely happen in the second half? I think we have a hint in the warcom article:

I read it as in - that’s what’s coming next, like the aftermath of Anvilgard and the prodigy story, which will be shown over the next months in different products (like WD). Mainly because that part doesn’t look like it’s about Teclis anymore, which would be quite different from how Morathi was done. But, it’s also possible of course that they continue the story from another POV or a la “it’s working according to plan”. I also think CoS will feature in that way, but just right at the very end, where the Lumineth effort gave them time to liberate themselves, but just so (with not much of a grander picture). 

I like your reading more : )

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Good call! I'm not super knowledgeable about mortal realms history, but Nurgle has been been waiting for an opportunity to bring life back to Shyish, hasn't he? Maybe Horticulous Slimux will come back from Ghyran and start planting Gnarlmaws while Nagash is playing in Hysh.

Not a super expert of the lore either  but Death stops Nurgle 's eternal cicle of corruption so I see a good opportunity for Nurgle to counter it. 

1 hour ago, eciu said:

That's from white dwarf ?

Yep. Flashpoint Broken Realms (WHite Dwarf) has:

1. Tome Celestial: Charnel Kingdom (rules for FEC).
  2. Rise of the dead: Three battleplans FEC vs Ossiarc Bonereapers
  3. Anvil of Death: New rules to create new FEC and OSB Heroes with the Anvil of Apotheosis.

I'm really happy to see this type of material.

Edited by Beliman
thanks @Bayul
  • Like 1