The Rumour Thread

I have to say that I didn't like the Lumineth at the beginning. I liked the look though, but the model range was just a tiny bit too limited and so I was not please.

But now: with these it feels just right and the mounted lord looks really awesome.

For me: lumineth: from zero to hero!!!

Edited by rosa
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, King Under the Mountain said:

I am now 100% convinced that GW releases the Potato camera pics themselves 

Well they do have an official Leaks Department.
That said sometimes they seed their own leaks, sometimes things slip out

Spoiler

Eg what prompted that video above was someone selling part of the sprue for Slaanesh Fiends randomly on ebay. It was basically bundled into a box of excess bits that had been sold off privately and the ebayer picked them up - put them on sale - then wound up with the net going nuts when the misstakenly included sprue was spotted. However GW today tends to roll with those leaks rathe than go nuts trying to shut them down. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Kramer said:

image.png.45912c9923043707d30f057d75c79569.pngIs it me or does it look a bit... off. Dope model, happy that he hasn’t got a pegleg. 
but the painting seems a bit ‘flat’ and the base quite big for its mass

They take the pics with tele lenses, so perspective gets totally flattened. Once you get the minis in your hands everything makes sense, but most pictures look weird.  

• Like 1

I was kinda meh on the archer mounts initially but I like them quite a bit in these new pics. The poses are great, and the riders look fantastic aside from the (likely fixable) crazy hats. I'd like the mounts more if the heads were a little bit larger but overall a solid hit.

That Lumineth lord though... amazing. Love it.

the HQ choice is a different model than shown in the new year reveal trailer. it has differeent shield iconography and skin color so we are getting kangaroo riders, this HQ guy and meele guys on alpacas most likely. (+ the wukong guy) 

HYPE

1 minute ago, Feii said:

the HQ choice is a different model than shown in the new year reveal trailer. it has differeent shield iconography and skin color so we are getting kangaroo riders, this HQ guy and meele guys on alpacas most likely. (+ the wukong guy) 

HYPE

If you look at armor panels on beast they are kinda same, also with hero pose. It is prob dual kit with uniqe and regular lord with headswaps like Akhelian king/Volturnos kit.

11 minutes ago, Yokai said:

Eh, I disagree. That body looks plenty female to me.

In the article footnote, they call the model a "he."

But the great thing about armor like that is that it looks basically the same on men as it does on women, so swap out the head and call it a vampire lady and you're gold!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Vampire lord is cool. I think it would have been cooler without the shield. Shields evoke a cautious (sometimes even cowardly) mindset.

To me vampires have always been about pride and power. I don't think hiding behind a shield reflects those attitudes.

• Confused 1

48 minutes ago, Kramer said:

image.png.45912c9923043707d30f057d75c79569.pngIs it me or does it look a bit... off. Dope model, happy that he hasn’t got a pegleg. 

It's difficult, because the flesh is supposed to be pale and pallid.

This leads to the face - which is supposed to be the focus of the model - being a bit lost.

However, I feel the white eyes and the aggressive edge highlighting on the armour doesn't help matters...

Edited by Kyriakin
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Is it me or does it look a bit... off. Dope model, happy that he hasn’t got a pegleg. 

image.png.45912c9923043707d30f057d75c795

The part where the hair connects with the skull looks really unnatural, you can clearly tell that's where you glue the pieces togther. 

The Tactical Rock(tm) also feels really unnecessary, but I shouldn't imagine it's difficult to remove.

I think the model overall looks good, but it suffers from the Plague Marine problem of 'Eavy Metals extremely clean paintjobs robbing it of Oompf. I'm sure it'll really pop when some painters do a NMM job on the armour or add some weathering.

Edited by Clan's Cynic

3 minutes ago, Mutton said:

Vampire lord is cool. I think it would have been cooler without the shield. Shields evoke a cautious (sometimes even cowardly) mindset.

To me vampires have always been about pride and power. I don't think hiding behind a shield reflects those attitudes.

In real life, a shield is actually a fairly aggressive weapon as you can collapse distance more easily (among other reasons). 

• Like 1