The Rumour Thread

20 hours ago, Overread said:

Sadly much of it was already gone before it was listed last-chance. AT the rate FW is going I guess next Christmas we'll lose another chunk of FW until all that is left at the 40K cross game demon models and perhaps the gloomspite gitz. :(

Optimistically, we might want to read this as making space for all the Old World armies they will have to produce soon. Maybe Bretonian players that have stuck with the army since their last release in 2004 are finally due for their update.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Kramer said:

I also like how some heroes that are taken twice in armies got an alternative sculpt. Like the KO khemist when every army took at least two. 
or the beast of chaos shaman. Although he’s actually really good 😅

so what heroes do people take multiple off? 

also cities warband could be really cool. But mix it up IMO. 
did you know fyreslayers already got one? 
image.jpeg.6feba63ab0229f4e8a35723448983fd7.jpeg

Yes they have most of the entire faction diversity in those 4 models, with better sculpts. And at 5€ per model, they are about the cost of the next cheapest stripper dwarves that do not have a hero.

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Yes they have most of the entire faction diversity in those 4 models, with better sculpts.

I disagree. The only reasone these are different is because they are. Build an army from these and nothing will have changed. More dynamic sculpt yes, but that goes for all underworld warbands if i'm honest.

Since the thread about the fyreslayer range i've honestly been looking  at army pictures with that reference in mind. And honestly there are a lot armies that 'suffer' from the same. And i'm starting to blame paint schemes and the size more and more. Still a very limited range, don't get me wrong. But it's become less of an issue for me. 

For example, today I saw an army shot of a KO army. New player did a slow grow league. And it looked awesome, cohesive and really well painted. But the shot was from a tabletop distance, and I could make out three distinctive things, foot troops, balloon troops, boats. I could not tell without zooming in, which boat was which. What heroes where in the list. Nor how many were thunderers and which were arkanauts. 
Same with an all Sacrosanct army. Only on the second I saw it, I realised there were 2 incantors hidden in there 😅

Again fyreslayers are definitely limited in variation, but more variation in the paint scheme would go a long way as well. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kramer said:

I disagree. The only reasone these are different is because they are. Build an army from these and nothing will have changed. More dynamic sculpt yes, but that goes for all underworld warbands if i'm honest.

Since the thread about the fyreslayer range i've honestly been looking  at army pictures with that reference in mind. And honestly there are a lot armies that 'suffer' from the same. And i'm starting to blame paint schemes and the size more and more. Still a very limited range, don't get me wrong. But it's become less of an issue for me. 

For example, today I saw an army shot of a KO army. New player did a slow grow league. And it looked awesome, cohesive and really well painted. But the shot was from a tabletop distance, and I could make out three distinctive things, foot troops, balloon troops, boats. I could not tell without zooming in, which boat was which. What heroes where in the list. Nor how many were thunderers and which were arkanauts. 
Same with an all Sacrosanct army. Only on the second I saw it, I realised there were 2 incantors hidden in there 😅

Again fyreslayers are definitely limited in variation, but more variation in the paint scheme would go a long way as well. 

Thats a big problem with AoS and reasons why probably some of the armies fall short in popularity.

An example:
As for dwarf Slayers. Them being quite awesome and interesting is showed off on their "bleak and standard" background of "standard" dwarfs (heavily armored, slow and purposeful defensive guys).  

It's like with cooking. Everyone loves the cake's crumble, but if you are being served only crumble, after few bites it's really not that good as an actual cake with crumble. Different things make of good meal/cake and quite often those things are very different from each other (fat, salt, acid, temperature etc.). You cannot give someone a kilogram of lard and hope he enjoys is only becouse he previously said he likes to eat doughnuts* .....

*true doughnuts are boiled in lard.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, eciu said:

*true doughnuts are boiled in lard.

hahaha, i'll take your word for it. 

1 minute ago, eciu said:

Thats a big problem with AoS and reasons why probably some of the armies fall short in popularity.

An example:
As for dwarf Slayers. Them being quite awesome and interesting is showed off on their "bleak and standard" background of "standard" dwarfs (heavily armored, slow and purposeful defensive guys).  

It's like with cooking. Everyone loves the cake's crumble, but if you are being served only crumble, after few bites it's really not that good as an actual cake with crumble. Different things make of good meal/cake and quite often those things are very different from each other (fat, salt, acid, temperature etc.). You cannot give someone a kilogram of lard and hope he enjoys is only becouse he previously said he likes to eat doughnuts* .....

I agree. But just for the sake of the argument, why smaller faction could make sense.

It's harder to design a cohesive force if you have that big contrast and variety in an army. Kairic acolytes, tzaangor, horrors. We know they belong together, you have a paint scheme that ties it together, and basing. But will someone outside of the hobby see that they are one army?   That's easier to do with only 10 warscrolls vs 15 or more. 

Then from a rules perspective a small factions also make sense. It makes it easier to give everything it's own role and stuff within a faction won't compete as much for the same spot. 

And from a business sense, I suspect armies with a specific theme sell better, and will lead to morge players having multiple armies vs. one big army which they keep adding 1 from every unit to. 

12 hours ago, Overread said:

I wouldn't expect one until March. GW has slowed their release speed and we already know what's coming in Feb; plus 40K still has quite a lot of hinted at things from last year. Theres still a lot up in the air that hasn't been released so I don't think we need yet more previews until more is out the door. Whilst new previews are nice, its painful to get more hints and previews when there's a lot of stuff still in the works that is months old that hasn't seen the light of day. 

10 hours ago, OkayestDM said:

*Flashes back to waiting for Lumineth release*

😧

Flashed back to Sons reveal in April and then October release :(

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Kramer said:

so what heroes do people take multiple off? 

Warlorck bombardiers,

clawlords,

although they all look a lot different from each other in my army.

Almost no support from games workshop meant basically that my creativity went through the roof 

I got around 9clawords and 4bombardiers, 2grey seers and a ton of weapon teams all converted up.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Warlorck bombardiers,

clawlords,

although they all look a lot different from each other in my army.

Almost no support from games workshop meant basically that my creativity went through the roof 

I got around 9clawords and 4bombardiers, 2grey seers and a ton of weapon teams all converted up.

Oh yeah! I love my converted claw lord as well  can we see your conversions? 

E5B006E0-E577-4E38-9825-5CB17638935C.jpeg.5c062ef4832621a6298d989af5e6503e.jpeg

Such great models to convert as well. 
but yeah a Skryre/moulder/eshin would be amazing. 

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 2

Dead is most likely vampires for underworlds, maybe also/instead this new AoS dead stuff.

Divine is, I think, most likely new Ecclesiarchy stuff for 40k. A lot of the advent rumour engines make a clear picture of at least one Ministorum priest or missionary or something, even had the literal Ministorum logo on one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Dead: vampire

devine : witch hunters

although it seems more likely to be a both 40k and AoS preview. But I don’t know what’s happening in the far far future 

It is going to be a joint preview, i think every single preview has had at least a little bit of both in them. Also i think a large portion of the GW fanbase would feel a little cheated if they didn't show some 40k since it's quite a bit bigger than AoS.

The "dead" part is obvious, so I'm tossing my hat in with the 40k Ecclesiarchy reveal. Hopefully it'll add something to the Sororitas, but since that's my planned 40k army, my bias might be showing through.

Anyone want to bet on the contents of the Death release? I'm betting on a LoN update/replacement tome with a Vampirate subfaction.

Also, I saw the date and thought that it's a shame we'd have to wait almost a month until I realized that it's already the 17th...

• Haha 1

I just hope the 40k part of the preview is somehow Xenos related, but there is not really any 40k races outside the Imperium that regularly uses the divine, unless we discount Orikan the diviner but he's a necron and they just got a huge release. So people might be right to assume that the inqusition is going to be the next big thing in 40k.

Dead is obviously AOS and I do think divine as some people here have mentioned is the ecclesiarchy rumour engine images. GW could surprise also on the divine front with a possible devoted of sigmar teaser, but I think that's a stretch. 

caANPSITHO9JwBKN.png
McuVfwUUd2pPp1xH.png
ykR4UwqVNAUapvWI.png

Edited by shinros
  • Like 3